Expats In Kathu

gopherit

Try this hidden little gem on Soi Seekor in Kathu

Kungs Bar and Restaurant This place is located in a house with excellent food and drinks at reasonable prices.

It is a little hard to find this place as it is all the way down the Soi at the end of Soi Seekor. Continue on past the Serenity Residences and make a couple of curves in the road, on the left hand side of the soi, you will see the last house with a restaurant inside the front garden…Enjoy!

I know you're asking after boozers, but if you're new to Kathu then my favourite place is the restaurant at the end of Waterfall road. I can never remember what it's called, but it's on the right hand side about 30 meters before you get to the end of the road.

Great selection of jungle food, nice setting and nice owners. My favourite place in Kathu.

• Like 1

One inflammatory post removed.

5 posts in to a thread like this. This forum needs to sort itself out big time!! What a joke. blink.png

Your right what a joke, who was foolish enough to make an inflammatory post to a decent thread, yet again another thread being ruined by fools!!!

Grizzly's is okay!!

Edited by kawapower

There's a bar just up the hill from the Caltrex station, on the way to Patong, on the left, football centric. Bright, modern decoration not my style, the previous owner had it done up in the tropical Thai I prefer but sadly passed of a heart attack.

The Kwangtung restaurant has a cheap and cheerful little tropical bar, on 4020 at the corner of the road that leads to the Bang Wad dam, near the Phuket Country Club.

Always wondered about Expats. Drive by it often. Always weary of a bar called Expats, ´case I never see any inside.

How is the food? Prices?

Firstly, there is no food.

The bar was set up years ago by share-holders of the Expat hotel so that they could have cheap booze as many of them live on the estate behind.

Most of the people that drink there either live close b y, or, are members of the Hash House Harriers.

Frankly, it's a crap bar, but, it's the place to go and meet friends (if you know them). I've known most of the regulars there for decades.

There's a bar just up the hill from the Caltrex station, on the way to Patong, on the left, football centric. Bright, modern decoration not my style, the previous owner had it done up in the tropical Thai I prefer but sadly passed of a heart attack.

The Kwangtung restaurant has a cheap and cheerful little tropical bar, on 4020 at the corner of the road that leads to the Bang Wad dam, near the Phuket Country Club.

You are talking about Players retreat, a locals bar with lots of keen golfers around. It was closed a few weeks ago when cieling callapsed after heavy rain, I believe was to reopen all repaired in 3 weeks. It is owned by the same people as the lemon tree on soi nam tok kathu.