'Crisis Looms If Yingluck Won't Act'

Lite Beer

'Crisis looms if Yingluck won't act'

The Nation on Sunday June 10, 2012 1:00 am

30183845-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The country will plunge into a political crisis in the next seven days if Prime Minister Yingluck Shina-watra refuses to take responsibility and refuses to issue a royal decree to close the House session, opposition politicians warned yesterday.

Democrat party-list MP Buranat Samutrak said the ruling Pheu Thai Party had tried to push for the passage of "reconciliation" bills and amendment of the Constitution and had intimidated judges from the Constitution Court. He said if the situation turned violent next week, the PM cannot evade responsibility.

There had not been a move to close the parliamentary session. So, if Pheu Thai Party MPs insisted on resorting to their majority voice to pass the reconciliation bill and the charter amendment bill on the third reading - despite an order from the Constitution Court to suspend deliberation on the two bills, the PM could not avoid responsibility. That was because she stood to benefit from the passage of the law, as she would get back some of her assets confiscated by the Supreme Court.

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva suggested that Yingluck reduce political tension by issuing a Royal decree to close the current session. He said Speaker Somsak Kiartsuranond hesitated to close the session because there had been pressure from Pheu Thai MPs to vote on the charter amendment bill. But if the bill was passed, there would be a clash between the ruling party and the Constitution Court. The Speaker would be under pressure to forward the bill for royal approval.

Abhisit said he had heard the ruling party was also pushing for the passage of the reconciliation bills on Wednesday and Thursday, even though there was no urgency for the law and the pubic had yet to approve details of the bills.

"The best way to prevent [possible] confrontations with the Constitution Court is to close the House session," he said.

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said he personally felt the House could call a vote for the charter amendment bill on its third reading on Tuesday but it would depend on a resolution from the party on Monday.

Pheu Thai MP for Lop Buri Amnuay Klangpa said the Speaker had decided to call for a vote on the charter amendment bill on June 19. He hadn't done this on Friday because he learnt that the bill needed support from Senators but some of them had left the meeting after learning about the Constitution Court decision to suspend deliberation. But he said they now had enough support from senators and wanted to push for passage of the bill.

Democrat Songkhla MP Wirat Kallayasiri said before he filed a complaint with the court to seek the suspension of deliberation on the two bills in the House, he had asked legal experts if he should file it directly with the court or via the Attorney General. But he believed those who said the move should be done quickly to prevent Parliament from voting to accept the bills on the third reading. He said if the charter amendment bill was passed, Thai democracy would turn into dictatorial rule similar to that of Germany's Adolf Hitler

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-10

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course some will call this a threat by the Democrats,

when it more reasonably can be seen as a precient warning of

what will come, since sentiments are not 100% behind PTP's moves.

They may have a mandade to govern, but it's hard to see how this

totally biased rush job that will not bring about ANYTHING in it's name,

'Reconciliation', BUT will benefit Thaksin, his interests and those of

the PM personally, and their clan.

Governing is about working for the people, not working for the boss.

There is no mandate to work for the boss as he sees fit.

There is no mandate for the PM to get 900 million baht,

when her brother gets his money back as a clause in these bills.

This really puts the CON in reCONciliation.

The people can not help by see this for what it is,

a sham to get power and profit,for the Shin Clan.

Even the Red Shirts were seeing this for several days last week,

after Thaksin misspoke stating the naked truth by accident.

Impossible to see this otherwise with clear eyes and open mind.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Seems crisis is already here.If she persists with the madness, we have trouble from the opposition. If she puts it on hold, have trouble from red shirts and fellow party members, not to mention the big brother.

Yesterday, had a chat with a motorbike taxi outside of work, just a general chit chat about business, he asked me if business was doing well,i answered that it was not and it was very quite.

His response was, its because have trouble in Bangkok again, and maybe will get worse again.

Just thought it was an interesting comment from a local taxi driver with some perspective of what is happening.

Seems crisis is already here.If she persists with the madness, we have trouble from the opposition. If she puts it on hold, have trouble from red shirts and fellow party members, not to mention the big brother.

Yesterday, had a chat with a motorbike taxi outside of work, just a general chit chat about business, he asked me if business was doing well,i answered that it was not and it was very quite.

His response was, its because have trouble in Bangkok again, and maybe will get worse again.

Just thought it was an interesting comment from a local taxi driver with some perspective of what is happening.

He is hearing the word on the street.

If the street is talking this way, then the word is out things are afoot.

Very bad omens similar to when Thaksin lost his money to the courts.

No tinfoil hat or mai bpen rai head in the sand attitude is gonna save Thailand, if she doesn't act.. HAH!

More like; if she continues to act as she is acting, and those actions of her minders surrounding her.

Edited by animatic

Aye, there's the rub.

"Clear eyes and open mind", something the Red Shirts (Chemise Rouge) seem unable or unwilling to grasp.

But then, some would say that applies to Yellows as well.

• Like 1

From what I can see, she can't get involved. Yingluck and her family stand to benefit the most from this bill passing, so to be seen as directly involved with the bill will create bigger problems (for her) once it passes.

the bill must pass without her involvement.

Aye, there's the rub.

"Clear eyes and open mind", something the Red Shirts (Chemise Rouge) seem unable or unwilling to grasp.

But then, some would say that applies to Yellows as well.

Of course these two groups represent a small portion of the Thai populace,

who as the silent majority wish both would go away, and someone work for them instead.

• Like 2

From what I can see, she can't get involved. Yingluck and her family stand to benefit the most from this bill passing, so to be seen as directly involved with the bill will create bigger problems (for her) once it passes.

Inaction is just the same as action in this case.

If she stops it then she is acting against her own self interest, sooo un Thai,

and against her extended clan and it's minions interests, they will not be best pleased.

If she choses INACTION, then that in itself is an action to allow her clan to benefit.

In which case she is acting against the best interests of a large, likely majority, of Thai citizens.

Regardless of vote counts, that is still not a MAJORITY of citizens, no matter how they spin it./

There is no possibility of her staying out of it, because she is squarely in the middle of it.

Edited by animatic

Or even better still, the bill must not pass without her involvement ;)

How can she not be involved? She is the leader of the party holding a majority, If her party votes for it she bears responsibility, adding a whole new meaning to the buck stops here.

Possibly she could declare a conscience vote (another new concept, a Thai politician with a conscience) but if every MP who has a conflict of interest in this bill recused himself, it would fail on numbers. It is quite obvious that the major beneficiary of the bill is Thaksin, and which member of PTP is not involved with or indebted to him, not to mention the red shirt MPs voting for an amnesty for themselves.

Edited by OzMick

Thaksin sings "Let It Be"

IMHO the majority of the people of Thailand prefer something with a lot more zip.

"Hit the Road Jack" Verse 2

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)

What you say?

well baby, listen baby, don't ya treat me this-a way

Cause I'll be back on my feet some day.

(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)

(you ain't got no money you just ain't no good.)

Well, I guess if you say so

I'd have to pack my things and go. (That's right, and take your family with ya)

Edited by OzMick

Thaksin sings "Let It Be"

IMHO the majority of the people of Thailand prefer something with a lot more zip.

"Hit the Road Jack" Verse 2

What you say?

well baby, listen baby, don't ya treat me this-a way

Cause I'll be back on my feet some day.

(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)

(you ain't got no money you just ain't no good.)

Well, I guess if you say so

I'd have to pack my things and go. (That's right, and take your family with ya)

how much to have you sing both, record it and post a link for us to listen?tongue.pngcheesy.gif

He is hearing the word on the street.

If the street is talking this way, then the word is out things are afoot.

Very bad omens similar to when Thaksin lost his money to the courts.

No tinfoil hat or mai bpen rai head in the sand attitude is gonna save Thailand, if she doesn't act.. HAH!

More like; if she continues to act as she is acting, and those actions of her minders surrounding her.

She will end up in Dubai before she knows it.tongue.png

The experience and conversation that phl relates regarding his conversational experience in post # 9 is indeed on a par with my similar situation last night.,

Had a chat with the taxi driver last night whilst I was going home, he too had the same comments as the M/C taxi driver that phl encountered

Seems as if there is indeed discontent bubbling up in many sectors of society and as said, ''trouble is brewing.''. There is a lot of discontent out on the streets and most of it stems from the policy of Thaksins return and the current proposed charter change.

The main topic was that people were coerced, bribed into voting for a bunch of sham policy statements from P.T. and now those grass roots supporters are seeing through the deception and seeing their political idols for what they are. Self serving power mad money grubbing creatures, who in reality have no insight into peoples lives nor interest in improving the quality of life for the population at large.

A select few will be the beneficiaries of this current maladministration and its whitewashing of theft, the abuse of power and a money based self enrichment political policy..

Indeed if we are not careful the population of Thailand may well be disenfranchised and thus lose their voting rights altogether if Thaksin, his family, their political puppets and the host of brown nosing acolytes get their way.

Good post, thankswai.gif I am sure this mess dosen´t goes as smoothly as Thaksin was hoping for.

The experience and conversation that phl relates regarding his conversational experience in post # 9 is indeed on a par with my similar situation last night.,

Had a chat with the taxi driver last night whilst I was going home, he too had the same comments as the M/C taxi driver that phl encountered

Seems as if there is indeed discontent bubbling up in many sectors of society and as said, ''trouble is brewing.''. There is a lot of discontent out on the streets and most of it stems from the policy of Thaksins return and the current proposed charter change.

The main topic was that people were coerced, bribed into voting for a bunch of sham policy statements from P.T. and now those grass roots supporters are seeing through the deception and seeing their political idols for what they are. Self serving power mad money grubbing creatures, who in reality have no insight into peoples lives nor interest in improving the quality of life for the population at large.

A select few will be the beneficiaries of this current maladministration and its whitewashing of theft, the abuse of power and a money based self enrichment political policy..

Indeed if we are not careful the population of Thailand may well be disenfranchised and thus lose their voting rights altogether if Thaksin, his family, their political puppets and the host of brown nosing acolytes get their way.

Good post, thankswai.gif I am sure this mess dosen´t goes as smoothly as Thaksin was hoping for.

Thaksin should remember these wise words:

""Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake." Savielly Tartakower (1887-1956)

whistling.gif

Now, where have I seen that before?

I don't disagree with what her duty is. I agree in the interests of the country she should be already actively involved.

I think though enough smoke and mirrors exist for her stay out of it and walk away from the "crisis looming" looking at worst like a woman doing mans business.

The Thaksin family are NOT getting back what they hoped for. I would think they all have open dated air tickets, and before going want to leave the country in the biggest manure as possible, Something similar to spoilt kids who cannot get their way. T S has in my opinion got one of the biggest grudges on earth, ( the love of HIS people has already already shown it's face) he has failed them, lock stock and barrel.

The Thaksin family are NOT getting back what they hoped for. I would think they all have open dated air tickets, and before going want to leave the country in the biggest manure as possible, Something similar to spoilt kids who cannot get their way. T S has in my opinion got one of the biggest grudges on earth, ( the love of HIS people has already already shown it's face) he has failed them, lock stock and barrel.

i think you may find love in Thai is little different, if he was to throw around 1 000 baht notes again, i am sure the feeling of love will re-ignite again.

• Like 1

The love(greed) from the people will be always there, as so many show love to foreigners until the visa runs out. For what he is doing to his beloved counry, he cannot love them. He would throw SIRLOIN STEAK to dogs to get them to be his friend. Who would let their friends and family suffer turmoil, just because he wants more slices of cake.