Us Veteran'S Service Organizations

retiredaamt

My wife and I are considering moving to Ubon around November or December of this year. How are the hospitals? Are there any Veteran's organizations (VFW or American Legion) in the area that can/will assist vet's with claims and benefits. Also, any other info on the area will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Not trying to take anything away from Udorn but that is about 326k by the way the crow flys. Karot is not any closer. Has any thought been given to starting a VFW Post at Ubon. I'm sure there are enough Disabled Vet's and Retirees in the area that could benefit from a local Post. Not to mention the benefit to Surviving Spouses and Dependents. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I think Ubon is great compared to most other cities here. It may not have all the fancy restaurants and such as Pattaya or Bangkok but I haven't gone to those anyway.

It might be possible to get enough vets (I am one) here in the area interested in starting a VFW post.

There are 2 private hospitals. I have not personally used one but have heard they equal to others here in Thailand.

There is info on this embassy webpage for help with VA benefits. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/federal-benefits-and-taxes.html

Thanks Rdrokit and ubonjoe. I have all the info on starting a new post and know all the contact to assist me if I do decide to organize or help organize a Post in Ubon. It would be very beneficial to all vet's, retirees, widows and dependents. A place close to assist with claims and benefits. The problem is not having enough interested Vet's and Retirees. It takes 25 people to start a Post. By the number of posts here, that might be difficult. We will just have to wait and see.