Ever Had Your Car Tire Punctured - 2Nd Road In Front Of Restaurant?

lovetotravel

There's basically 2 problems:

There's owners of properties which are located at a spot where there is no parking-place. That's something to consider when opening a business.

There's visitors of businesses, who would like to park their vehicles within 3 meters from the entrance.

Nobody seems to be responsible to create a solution where both groups of people are satisfied.

I often go to Central PTT by car and I know that I never will be able to park my park at my destination. More an more I park my car somewhere along the bath-bus route and get around with them.........saves a lot of hustle.

been going on for years and will never stop...myself I had my car done with the old nail in the tyre trick opposite soi 8 years ago, it is a low act and must be a highlight of some of these shopowners/security guards days keeping in mind their mind numbing daily existence and how it is everyone elses fault they fail in their lives whistling.gif

Glad you got the tire replaced. That's a great shop I referred you to on Suk just before Pattaya Nua as you are headed to BKK. Screw in the tire. Just enough to go all the way through. Shop guy told you it was from the road, I'm doubtful. Just too coincidental.

Glad my PM got you sorted out.

I think that parking a car in a place that clearly impedes customer entrance to a bar, restaurant etc is obviously unacceptable. But parking on a public road where parking is allowed, but doesn't impede customers in any way, is surely up to you. Not for some bar or restaurant owner to dictate where you can or cannot park!

In the OP's case they didn't dictate that he couldn't park there - they just slashed his tire.

Your attitude just won't work well here. Here there are unwritten laws you have to learn if you want to live peacefully.

I agree, everybody is trying to park their cars in the city and I can understand that the restaurants/shop owners guard the parking space in front of their place vigorously, but in OP's case the guard should at last have told OP that parking is not allowed there, instead of just slicing his tire.

Why are you accusing the security guard of slashing the tire?

No, we did not eat there. Lots of spaces, but right in front of a row of restaurants.

And yes, I am getting that dash cam. Was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't that be great!

i have two

its a real comfort blanket

What would you do with the video footage if someone damaged your car? Show it to the police? You think they would undertake a Pattaya wide search in an attempt to identify a person who damaged your car?

Why are you accusing the security guard of slashing the tire?

Interesting that I have received a few PMs asking if I had parked outside a particular restaurant. Yes, same restaurant. So it seems to be a pattern with this particular place. Wish I could name it, but I can't.

i have two

its a real comfort blanket

What would you do with the video footage if someone damaged your car? Show it to the police? You think they would undertake a Pattaya wide search in an attempt to identify a person who damaged your car?

You never know. Not all police are bad. I would guess it depends on the establishment. If connected, you'd just be stirring up heap loads of trouble. Otherwise, you might actually stand a chance. Like the sting operation that was performed here recently against a well known farang. Police got involved and sorted it out quickly.

You never know. Not all police are bad. I would guess it depends on the establishment. If connected, you'd just be stirring up heap loads of trouble. Otherwise, you might actually stand a chance. Like the sting operation that was performed here recently against a well known farang. Police got involved and sorted it out quickly.

Let's get real here. It's not a matter of police being good or bad.

OK, so you're got a face on your dash cam of a person that bent down close to your car. You take it to the police and tell them you think this guy slashed your tire.... (He could have been taking a piss) ... I don't think a dash camera could get a shot of someone actually slashing a tire.

Even if they cared about your tire and believed it was the guy who did it, how would they find a person to match the video shot? Even if they did find the person who did it there wouldn't be much you could do to recoup the cost of your tire.

Sure, get a dash cam to help in cases of accidents, but it won't help in these cases.

When I park anywhere I'm not sure about I ask someone nearby if it is ok. Even if I believe the park is legal, I still ask. You don't want to walk away from your car or bike when you've upset someone. Who's right and who's wrong is not all that important here. When I park I observe the faces of Thais operating businesses nearby to see if they seem cool or not.

The unwritten law here is that any business owns the curb space outside their shop. Bike taxi boys own any areas they work from. This is the law. Obey this law and you'll never have a problem.

In reality you have to be thankful it was only a tire. A decent scratch down the side of you car would have been far more costly.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

My take is if you have solid evidence like a video they have to look into the case. If reluctant, you can mention that it is on YouTube already. I would also not hesitate getting the mayor involved, after all he had the image of Pattaya high on his agenda last time I checked.

I think that parking a car in a place that clearly impedes customer entrance to a bar, restaurant etc is obviously unacceptable. But parking on a public road where parking is allowed, but doesn't impede customers in any way, is surely up to you. Not for some bar or restaurant owner to dictate where you can or cannot park!

In the OP's case they didn't dictate that he couldn't park there - they just slashed his tire.

Your attitude just won't work well here. Here there are unwritten laws you have to learn if you want to live peacefully.

What attitude is that? Did you read my post? Your reply makes no sense.

The dash cam, if pointed towards the side of the car, would clearly show the security guard walking over, looking around, bending down for a short time, then walking back. Could it help in getting something done? Who knows, but it wouldn't hurt. And if confronted with this, might make them stop. Who knows. But it wouldn't hurt. Some of us actually want to try and make Pattaya a better place. Crazy, eh?

What attitude is that? Did you read my post? Your reply makes no sense.

I thought it was clear...

Your attitude that if you think you have the legal right to park somewhere you're going to exercise that right irrespective of the fact that some Thai business owner may get very upset with you.

Some of us actually want to try and make Pattaya a better place. Crazy, eh?

Yes, laughable actually. There have been missionaries in town working on that for decades.

Better you work on your street smarts...

Some of us actually want to try and make Pattaya a better place. Crazy, eh?

Yes, laughable actually. There have been missionaries in town working on that for decades.

Better you work on your street smarts...

Street smarts are there. As is social responsibility. I do what I can knowing full well not everything is attainable. Good approach to life. I do the best I can.

Street smarts are there. As is social responsibility. I do what I can knowing full well not everything is attainable. Good approach to life. I do the best I can.

That's a fine attitude, but you have to know your limit. Expecting the police to start a manhunt for a tire slasher on the basis of a dash cam shot is way beyond that limit.

That's a fine attitude, but you have to know your limit. Expecting the police to start a manhunt for a tire slasher on the basis of a dash cam shot is way beyond that limit.

Ask Beardog if this is possible. His house was broken in and they tracked them down via his stolen mobile! Several are in jail now. Pigs do fly now and then. wink.png Keep the faith!

The few falangs I know who own motor cars in Pattaya are constantly griping about trafic jams and parking problems. Unless you live out of town or on the darkside they must be a headache rather than an asset. I have never been anywhere with a public transport system as efficient, regular and as cheap as that in Pattaya.

I live in London and my neighbours resent strangers or even other neighbours parking outside their houses. The fact that the vehicles are legally taxed and insured does not cut any ice with some peoples' territorial instincts, it's human nature.

I live in London and my neighbours resent strangers or even other neighbours parking outside their houses. The fact that the vehicles are legally taxed and insured does not cut any ice with some peoples' territorial instincts, it's human nature.

You make a very good point. Where I live sometimes people park their cars on the narrow street in front of my place. Legally they're entitled to park there and there's nothing I can do about it - but it still annoys me that they are parking in "my space". It's like an invasion of privacy.

Edited by tropo

Posting the dashcam footage on youtube & sending the link to the media & other businesses in the area would have the desired effect without necessarily dropping the victim in the sh*t:)

Edited by evadgib