Home Pro Paint Ambush

stevehaigh

what's with home pro (chalong) paint department. no longer are they content to hassle you to buy paint in their own area, now they wait in ambush for you at the front of the store with color swatches in hand, 'hey little boy, wana buy some color? all the cool kids are doing it'

maybe i just spend too much time in home pro

I tried to get a new propeller for a 18" fan at HomePro yesterday, they don't have one. Only 16 inchers. But they tried to sell me a new wall fan.

I ended up at Amon in BigC, 95 Baht for the part instead of 1700 for a lousy wallfan at HomePro.

Well a lot you can say abouth Home Pro , spoke several times with there store manager and he wend alway's in defence almost a '' this is the staff fault'' . I recently have seen there asortiment reduced and this can only be due to lack of sales. 9 out of 10 you can not find what you are looking for and 6 out of 10 you buy something you dident need in first instance. Home pro , quality is questionably , Service - poor , after service if can is pushed towards the manufacturere , Price setting - compair and you know ,It is becoming a show room where you can order good .

My experience with Home Pro is totally different, but in Bangkok not in Phuket. We found an excellent selection of merchendise priced far below what prices in the USA are. The staff were all very professional. I am thinking this is a management push to increase sales in your local store.

I tried to get a new propeller for a 18" fan at HomePro yesterday, they don't have one. Only 16 inchers. But they tried to sell me a new wall fan.

I ended up at Amon in BigC, 95 Baht for the part instead of 1700 for a lousy wallfan at HomePro.

Typical of the "big" stores. Most mom and pop " plastic " shops sell fan blades.

a couple of weeks ago, i wanted to buy a new fridge. i saw the one i liked in HP chalong but they only had the floor model, no stock.

so i asked them to check HP tesco/lotus and they said no stock there either, i'll have to order and wait 3 weeks,

anyhow, i didn't believe them and i was right, HP tesco/lotus had about 5 units in stock!

No I dont wand paint

No I dont need a ladder

No I doont need a Tv

No I dont need a air con

No I dont need curtains

No I dont need tiles

No I dont need taps

No I dont need ......

You know what I need , left alone , If I wand someone follwoing me all the time I will buy a dog , and if my cat would bark she was also a dog . I said that service is poor and afther service well , ther have been some forums before on that .

Dont they think that at a certain point it is ennoying poeple been asked the whole time abouth things they not need , this regardless counts not only for Home Pro , now lets hope that they dont start as in other shopping als with blairing out music at 100 DB and the Khap-Khap-khap-Khap advertisment .

Shopping should be fun , No ????

• Like 1

I shop in HomePro Chalong often. I have never been bothered with sales people, in fact it's often hard to find sales staff when I need help. As said, they are usually huddled together chatting. Prices are so so, i can find many things cheaper if I shop about. But it's just the convenience of many items in the same location that make me buy there. Plus I have a HomePro discount card biggrin.png

• Like 1

My experience with Home Pro is totally different, but in Bangkok not in Phuket. We found an excellent selection of merchendise priced far below what prices in the USA are. The staff were all very professional. I am thinking this is a management push to increase sales in your local store.

I am also happy with the service at Homepro Chalong. I don't compare prices with the USA prices though, don't care too much about those. The only interesting comparison is those with prices at other outlets here on the island.

No I dont wand paint

No I dont need a ladder

No I doont need a Tv

No I dont need a air con

No I dont need curtains

No I dont need tiles

No I dont need taps

No I dont need ......

You know what I need , left alone , If I wand someone follwoing me all the time I will buy a dog , and if my cat would bark she was also a dog . I said that service is poor and afther service well , ther have been some forums before on that .

Dont they think that at a certain point it is ennoying poeple been asked the whole time abouth things they not need , this regardless counts not only for Home Pro , now lets hope that they dont start as in other shopping als with blairing out music at 100 DB and the Khap-Khap-khap-Khap advertisment .

Shopping should be fun , No ????

Personally, I don't find shopping fun!

Because I don't find it 'fun', I suspect I have a determined look on my face and the assistants generally leave me alone, unless I'm actually looking at something.

I will try the '' Determined look '' , maybe that help , must be honnest mostly the paint guys are pushing , maybe becorse there prices are more expensive then the specialized shop .

The lock and handle section was significant reduced , tiles beside the middle section promotion it is '' order '' item .

Last but not least , I cancal the Home pro card as they sell or exchange your Nr to other retails and was getting on a daily basis promotions of them as associated business . ( I found this a non done ).

Anyway, no a lot of chooice beside the mom and pap shop or the local hardware shop .

<snip>

Last but not least , I cancal the Home pro card as they sell or exchange your Nr to other retails and was getting on a daily basis promotions of them as associated business . ( I found this a non done ).

Really, I have had a card for a few years, don't think I have had any 'spam' from that card. How would they contact you, could only be by phone as that's the only detail I gave them.

Just don't look at the water heaters or you'll have to street fight your way outta there.

Home Pro is the one of the most annoying customer experiences in LOS, but there is a lot of contenders in the field

I just heard they have a promotion on waterheaters whistling.gif

Just don't look at the water heaters or you'll have to street fight your way outta there.

Home Pro is the one of the most annoying customer experiences in LOS, but there is a lot of contenders in the field

I just heard they have a promotion on waterheaters whistling.gif

Could be a promotion for 90% off peterheaters but I still wouldn't shop there.

Edited by sportsman69

Well a lot you can say abouth Home Pro , spoke several times with there store manager and he wend alway's in defence almost a '' this is the staff fault'' . I recently have seen there asortiment reduced and this can only be due to lack of sales. 9 out of 10 you can not find what you are looking for and 6 out of 10 you buy something you dident need in first instance. Home pro , quality is questionably , Service - poor , after service if can is pushed towards the manufacturere , Price setting - compair and you know ,It is becoming a show room where you can order good .

was just doing my old man thing waiting for the wife to do her driving test so went off to Homepro to pick up nuts bolts and power tools and closely examine...as we do..

Well a few years back this place was new and great with all the stuff I needed to build a house...

Now it is like a garage sale, junk and boxes and crap everywhere ..nice coffee shop inside door now closed and selling a million types of door handles and light fittings but all the show kitchens, plumping, white goods etc...gone.replaced by huge expensive roofing product display.

So it is back to the mom and pop stores for me...trouble is they don't seem to like old men mumbling over their nuts and bolts and balls of string....lol

I've always had decent service at Home Pro Chalong and I think their range in products is pretty good.

nice positive comment ...

home on the 15th...

cocktails, at Tamarind chalong or rawai? bye the bye to celebrate golden jubalee and my birthday to...wub.png

sorry my phone not work but i can find u mate..

.cheers

I don't understand the problem as I have found the staff extremely helpful 90% of the time.

If you don't want paint, just say no and they will move on to the next customer!

Yes I have to agree, I have always found it to be a good service experience, the prices are fair as well, but sometimes the constant following around does get annoying, I just politely tell them I'm looking around on my own, and thank you. Generally speaking, it would really help if you brushed up on your Thai a bit, but I'm sure with all the bitching and moaning customers they have to deal with on a daily basis, they’ll probably just get the hint and just walk away themselves.

Not sure if they have a commission never asked, but I do know a majority of people that work there have a least a 4 yr university degree.

Some people just fail to realize that they are not back at home.

So you tell me had never a Sms from them ? Every promotion , discount etc... you get them . Robinson - M Shop - BMW- AIS PLUS- SCB Easy net - NDWC - .................. And other that you can not read as they are completely in Thai .

Maybe you phone has nor recieve SMS function ?

So you tell me had never a Sms from them ? Every promotion , discount etc... you get them . Robinson - M Shop - BMW- AIS PLUS- SCB Easy net - NDWC - .................. And other that you can not read as they are completely in Thai .

One tip for reading Thai SMS:s without able to read Thai. Several mobile platform have applications which will resend incoming SMSes by email to for example Gmail. Gmail have translation services, which will translate Thai SMSes to preferred languages.

Here is one Android app I have not tried yet. I had similar on my Nokia N900 earlier.

http://lifehacker.com/5458083/back-up-your-sms-messages-to-a-gmail-label-on-android

.. in case you wish to read your incoming spam :)

I also have the card and I have never received promotional material by SMS, or via any other method.

I've always had decent service at Home Pro Chalong and I think their range in products is pretty good.

nice positive comment ...

home on the 15th...

cocktails, at Tamarind chalong or rawai? bye the bye to celebrate golden jubalee and my birthday to...wub.png

sorry my phone not work but i can find u mate..

.cheers

PM sent.