Windows 7 Ms Live Mail Auto Sign In Problem

melsnet

Try this:

Options > Connection > Connecting to Windows Live Services > Stop signing in

MSPain

Thanks for your suggestion but still opens without signing in, even after reboot.

Before posting spent ages on google and but got no solution to resolve the problem

Strange that for security reasons you cannot seem to disable auto sign.

I would recommend that you try the following:

1) Uncheck the "remember password" box.

2) Close the program.

3) Restart the program.

4) Change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL (secure connection) settings (for instance, if you are using SSL, don't use it once at this stage, if you are not using it, try to use it at least once at this stage). Outgoing (SMTP) port should be (in most cases) 25 (unsecure) or 26 (sometimes) or 587 (Hotmail secure connection) or 465 (Gmail and Yahoo secure connection) for instance, incoming (POP3) port should be (in most cases) 110 (unsecure) or 995 (Hotmail / Gmail and Yahoo secure connection).

5) Try to connect to your email account using your new connection parameters (the program should ask you to enter your password at this stage and then, don't check "remember password"!).

6) Close the program.

7) Restart the program.

8) Change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL settings again to what they where prior this test (but leave the "remember password box unchecked).

9) Try to connect to your email account using your former connection parameters.

10) Close the program.

11) Restart the program and check if it's working correctly now.

Edited by GuyL

2) Close the program.

3) Restart the program.

4) Change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL (secure connection) settings (for instance, if you are using SSL, don't use it once at this stage, if you are not using it, try to use it at least once at this stage). Outgoing (SMTP) port should be (in most cases) 25 (unsecure) or 26 (sometimes) or 587 (Hotmail secure connection) or 465 (Gmail and Yahoo secure connection) for instance, incoming (POP3) port should be (in most cases) 110 (unsecure) or 995 (Hotmail / Gmail and Yahoo secure connection).

5) Try to connect to your email account using your new connection parameters (the program should ask you to enter your password at this stage and then, don't check "remember password"!).

6) Close the program.

7) Restart the program.

8) Change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL settings again to what they where prior this test (but leave the "remember password box unchecked).

9) Try to connect to your email account using your former connection parameters.

10) Close the program.

Many thanks for your reply but having problem following your instructions

Have looked in windows 7 live mail but cannot locate where I can change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL settings. My email provider is Hotmail

2) Close the program.

3) Restart the program.

6) Close the program.

7) Restart the program.

10) Close the program.

Thanks for your reply but cannot locate in Windows 7 Live Mail where I can change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL settings. My email provider is Hotmail.

Thanks for your reply but cannot locate in Windows 7 Live Mail where I can change the outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP3) mail ports and SSL settings. My email provider is Hotmail.

I don't have the same version on my computer at the moment, but you should be able to right click on your email account (within Live Mail), then click on "Properties", then on the "Advanced" tab and then you should find all those settings.

I don't have the same version on my computer at the moment, but you should be able to right click on your email account (within Live Mail), then click on "Properties", then on the "Advanced" tab and then you should find all those settings.

Yea tried that but do not have the advanced tab displayed in the properties box.

Yea tried that but do not have the advanced tab displayed in the properties box.

It should be located near "General", "Servers" and "Security" tabs. Have a look at the attached picture.

post-91253-0-34055500-1339490090_thumb.j

It should be located near "General", "Servers" and "Security" tabs. Have a look at the attached picture.

account

Tools > Accounts > Hotmail Account >

Tabs "General" "Servers" "Connection" "Security" No Advanced tab. The Connection Tab does not show the info to change

account

Tabs "General" "Servers" "Connection" "Security" No Advanced tab. The Connection Tab does not show the info to change

Obviously, we are using different versions of this program, but these connection settings should be located somewhere in your version too (maybe should you try to search "Server Port numbers" in your software's help database). Sorry, I can't help you more if you can't find those settings, but as suggested by hml367 earlier, your problem might very well be related to the use of Microsoft Sign-in Assistant. I would uninstall it too.

account

Obviously, we are using different versions of this program, but these connection settings should be located somewhere in your version too (maybe should you try to search "Server Port numbers" in your software's help database). Sorry, I can't help you more if you can't find those settings, but as suggested by hml367 earlier, your problem might very well be related to the use of Microsoft Sign-in Assistant. I would uninstall it too.

You both could be correct but am loath to uninstall Microsoft Sign-in Assistant as i will not be able to reinstall

What are your settings in the "Servers" tab for your Hotmail account?

In the past, Hotmail members had to use a proprietary connector developed by Microsoft to log in. If I am not mistaken, it's not possible anymore. Nowadays, you have to use a POP3 incoming mail server (pop3.live.com) and smtp.live.com as the SMTP outgoing mail server. If you are using different connection settings, that may be the reason why you don't see the "Advanced" tab for your email account.

You should also check if you are actually using another account (within Live Mail: Tools > Accounts > Email Account >) for retrieving your emails (not labelled as a Hotmail account, but it does not matter if the settings are correct), because you might be currently checking an inactive configuration (not used for mail synchronisation) when going to: Tools > Accounts > Hotmail Account >.

Edited by GuyL

Problem solved. When I launch Windows Live Mail it now makes me enter my Hotmail password before access.

Don't no what the fix was, but must have been one of the suggestions. Maybe when I did a reboot it activated the changes.

Anyway thanks for your time and help

melsnet.... Do you have any Microsoft Messenger products on your computer? And do you have the Live/Microsoft/Windows Sign in Assistant on your computer?

MSPain

Yes to both

deleted since your problem solved post came while I was making the post.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Problem solved. When I launch Windows Live Mail it now makes me enter my Hotmail password before access.

Don't no what the fix was, but must have been one of the suggestions. Maybe when I did a reboot it activated the changes.

Anyway thanks for your time and help

That's great if the problem is now solved. Often, one has to (at least) close and restart the program in order to activate the changes made within Live Mail.