Unusual Sight At Suvarnnabhumi

Having just checked in for our flights back for a short visit to Blighty we sat down to eat at the food area near to Burger King. As we sat eating I noticed a person with a small white dog (remember this is air-side). Thinking this was a bit strange I carried on eating. A few seconds later a person slipped whilst walking in front of me. As I looked I noticed that they had actually slipped on a dog turd. Yep, there, in the midde of the concourse of the "Gateway to Asia" was a dog turd. This people kept walking through it and spreading it further up the concourse. I have just managed to find a cleaner to clean it up, she could barely believe what I was telling her.

What is the deal with this dog just walking around air-side?

Some companies allow dogs in cabin.

They have to be kept in a properly locked box during the flight (unless dogs for medical conditions :blinds/cardiac/etc)

Before the flight they ought make the most out of their last minutes of roaming rolleyes.gif

Departure gate, Swampy-Chiang Mai, Air Asia, I saw a lady put a dog into her handbag before the flight. First thought was what did that look like when they x-rayed the bag at security?? Followed by what if it needs the toilet on the plane? Will she have to hold it over the flush toilet? What if it misses? What if she drops it down the toilet? How would it look covered in lu blu??

I should point out that I have a fertile imagination.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

I emailed the url for this fun thread back to the U.S., just received the following comment.

Mac

A friend of mine flew LA-to-Bangkok on United last year, just about a year ago in fact, first class all the way.

In Japan, an American woman got on with a very large dog. There was a minor battle about where the dog should go, but the totally ambulatory woman insisted she needed the dog as an aide, and the nice Japanese and the nice airline people didn't want to be the ones that took a helper-dog away from a possibly disabled woman, even though she was obviously as disabled as Lebron James, although wirier.

About an hour into the 6-hour flight to Bangkok, the dog commenced pooping, with obvious diarrhoea, and continued to do so, on and off, for hours. The stews did their best with newspapers and such, but the first class passengers all wished they'd splurged on economy. Every time the animal had to go, he went to a different place of course - who would want to put new poop on the place with old poop, eh?

The woman made NO attempt to help the cleanup, and offered not a word of apology, not one.