How Evil Is It To Do A Runner?

cdnmatt

3 year relationship, no kids or marriage, and me doing a runner. Just leave a note (in Thai) explaining my rationale, with a sizable chunk of money in it to feel good knowing I left them in a position where if they wanted, they could easily get themselves setup with a decent life. Then disappearing never to be seen again. Other than a (rented) house full of furniture and electronics, we don't have anything together, and I'm happy to leave all that behind. I have two large dogs that will be coming with me, but that's all I care about.

I mean, if this was Canada I wouldn't even fathom doing it. I'm more than man enough to sit down and discuss things, but well, this is Thailand. I already know how the conversation will go, and I just don't see the point in doing it. That, and the last thing I want is some pissed off, deeply hurt Thai on my hands, who no longer has anything to lose.

So on a scale of 1 - 10, how big of an asshol_e does that make me?

Edited by cdnmatt
  • Like 1

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember one thing and one thing only, Thai girls are very vindictive, if you do a runner this will come and haunt you in the future. So be prepared.

Do you mean like a Ghost thing?

I could be wrong, but I always thought that Ghost was a Romantic movie ;)

3 year relationship, no kids or marriage, and me doing a runner. Just leave a note (in Thai) explaining my rationale, with a sizable chunk of money in it to feel good knowing I left them in a position where if they wanted, they could easily get themselves setup with a decent life. Then disappearing never to be seen again. Other than a (rented) house full of furniture and electronics, we don't have anything together, and I'm happy to leave all that behind. I have two large dogs that will be coming with me, but that's all I care about.

I mean, if this was Canada I wouldn't even fathom doing it. I'm more than man enough to sit down and discuss things, but well, this is Thailand. I already know how the conversation will go, and I just don't see the point in doing it. That, and the last thing I want is some pissed off, deeply hurt Thai on my hands, who no longer has anything to lose.

So on a scale of 1 - 10, how big of an asshol_e does that make me?

If she had enough of you she wouldn't give a shit so I personally think your being nice so good luck to you and the dogs and get the *Snip* out of there ....

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Just remember one thing and one thing only, Thai girls are very vindictive, if you do a runner this will come and haunt you in the future. So be prepared.

Do you mean like a Ghost thing?

I could be wrong, but I always thought that Ghost was a Romantic movie wink.png

thumbsup.gif

He could have a change of mind down the track and want back in...maybe he just doesn't know it yet.

• Like 1

The dogs sets off warning bells for me.

I bet she could track you down.

Much better IMO is give her reasons to leave you, ideally where she might feel guilty about it and do a silent runner herself.

For example, have a huge change in financial fortunes, have to move into a tiny shithole of a room, sell the dogs off to be put into soup (boarded in the meantime of course), both of you have to live on a total of say B6000 a month, ask her to pawn her valuables, etc.

You may find your worries are over pretty quickly. . .

It all sound so devilishly simple..I like it.

You get someone else to do the emotionally difficult work of ending the relationship AND you save a nice bit of money for a couple of months so you can have a party when its all over.

All these years of the intricate weaving of webs of lies: cancer scares, 'death bed' parents, 'sudden death' grandparents, sexual identity confusion, time out for emotional healing, spiritual year long retreats.....No longer needed.

Do they get so nasty by watching soap operas I wonder?

Try telling her you went gay. That could help her save face.

And what if she asks him to prove it that he's gay ... ???

If he does prove it it would only mean that he is in "Deep Sh_t" <- This being a figure of speech

I thought Thai girls love you "long time"ermm.gif

That's where the future use of ghosts and spirits comes in

• Like 2

That's just the thing they say to lure you into their web biggrin.png

• Like 1

That's just the thing they say to lure you into their web biggrin.png

wub.png there is me such a romantic! cheesy.gif @ Peeeeeeee

I have been in a relationship with a Thai woman for more than 4 years before, taking care of her and her kids. When the kids decided that they didn't need me anymore, I was kicked to the kerb with hardly a second thought.

With you, no kids involved and if it aint working for you, you should feel no guilt about leaving.

• Like 1