PM Yingluck Promises No Severe Flooding In Thailand In 2012

webfact

until almost October when it was compounded by 3 huge typhoons coming in quick succession.

3 huge tyhoons hit Thailand last year in quick sucession ?.....I must have been a asleep when that occured then....blink.png

I guess you were.

They normally go north from the China Sea up from the Philippines in to China, these 3 in Sept/ Oct cut across Vietnam ,Laos and dumped huge amounts of rain across the mountains in northern Thailand which added to the already huge amounts of potential floodwater-you know the rest.

I am fully aware of what typhoon's do in this region, as i have a vested interested....the only tropical storm to hit Vietnam was Haima during 16-24 June, which has a peak wind speed of 35kts....and this was not a Typhoon, this is a tropical storm and another bit of usless information....2011 was the 3rd lowest number of Typhoons to hit the south east asia region since 1965....2011 had 21 tropical storms, 10 typhoons and 7 intense Typhoons. and out of these not one hit Thailand...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM ON TOUR

Yingluck continues third day of flood inspection

30184074-01_big.jpg

Photo : Vorawit Pumpuang

Captions please...

"Well minister Plopadop, if you put the nuclear powered tug boats here and turn their propellors very quickly.....We will not have severe floods"

No, no boats this year, we're going to use a billion Starbucks grande cups to drain the floodwater this time. rolleyes.gif

"And which side of the river is it the yellow shirts live?

" My brother says you must put the Korean pumps he bought last year there"

• Like 1

I am fully aware of what typhoon's do in this region, as i have a vested interested....the only tropical storm to hit Vietnam was Haima during 16-24 June, which has a peak wind speed of 35kts....and this was not a Typhoon, this is a tropical storm and another bit of usless information....2011 was the 3rd lowest number of Typhoons to hit the south east asia region since 1965....2011 had 21 tropical storms, 10 typhoons and 7 intense Typhoons. and out of these not one hit Thailand...

Guess I am wrong then as you have a vested interest.

were very very severe tropical storms that were typhoons, is that OK?

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

Map Guy: Yes, that wet stuff over here and here is called Water, Ms Yingluck

Yingluck: waart-er, wort-er.... Nham!

When I am minister of defence, can I drive the new submarine up this river ?

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

If the sub is made in Thailand, let's hope she gets to.

• Like 2

Nesat was a Cat 3 Typhoon when it hit the Phillipines and a Cat 1 when it hit China

Nalage was a Cat 4 typhoon when it hit the Phillipines and a Tropical storm (not a Typhoon) when it hit China

Yes there was a of water which came down from China and made its way into Thailand, but 3 Typhoons did not hit Thailand last year....and I think the general concensus is that the floods in Thailand were caused primarly by poor dam management

• Like 1

Nesat was a Cat 3 typhoon when it hit the Phillipines and a Cat 1 when it hit China

Nalage was a Cat 4 typhoon when it hit the Phillipines and a Tropical storm (not a Typhoon) when it hit China

Yes there was a of water which came down from China and made its way into Thailand, but 3 Typhoons did not hit Thailand last year....and I think the general concensus is that the floods in Thailand were caused primarly by poor dam management

You are simply nitpicking Typhoon, tropical storm whatever.

Both of those "storms" that were typhoons dumped huge amounts of additional water in northern Thailand on land that was already saturated because of almost 7 months of almost continuous rain up here and the floodwater subsequently had nowhere to go but south.Dam management was just another factor.

I doubt any country in the world would have dealt with it.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1

Both of those "storms" that were typhoons dumped huge amounts of additional water in northern Thailand on land that was already saturated because of almost 7 months of almost continuous rain up here and the floodwater subsequently had nowhere to go but south.Dam management was just another factor.

Not nit picking at all...just stating the facts, I wasnt the one going on about 3 Typhoons over Thailand/Vietnam/lao's

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

If the sub is made in Thailand, let's hope she gets to.

"Where is Dubai again...is it near Chang Mai ?"

• Like 1

Not nit picking at all...just stating the facts, I wasnt the one going on about 3 Typhoons over Thailand/Vietnam/lao's

coffee1.gif

I would like to know her IQ

IQ, I'm not sure, but she can probably express herself using more than 5 - 10 word sentences in her own language.

Even she uses a thousand words in English, it is very difficult to understand what she is talking about. Don't know if it's the language or just uuhh IQ or knowledge or something.. But I noticed that having spent some time in GoGo bars, it makes it easier to understand atleast something of what she is saying.

No, you're right, as an ex issaan gogo dancer shes so thick that she really thinks she can stop it raining. The only reason the stupid lazy drunken layabouts voted for her was so that would happen. Then they could have 5 or 6 crops of rice a year and makes loads of money, except they couldn't because they spend all the time down in bangkok shooting shoppers and burning down their cathedrals, when they're not reducing the local expat foreigners to frothing rage at their exploits. Happy now?

I really admire your determination to defend the current PM so vigorously, even if it further wrecks your already strained reputation in this forum.

coffee1.gif

clap2.gif

I would like to know her IQ

IQ, I'm not sure, but she can probably express herself using more than 5 - 10 word sentences in her own language.

Evidence please.

I can assure you that i can express my self using more than 5-10 words in my own language.

I could respond to that post in 2.

Not without the "F word".cheesy.gif

Thailand was hit by the aftermath of 3 typhoons last year.

Nock-Ten: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/wp201110.asp

The aftermath of Nock-Ten caused widespread flooding in Thailand at the end of July (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_Storm_Nock-ten_(2011)#Vietnam.2C_Laos_and_Thailand),

Nesat: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/wp201120.asp

Nalgae: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/wp201122.asp

I supported giving her a chance to prove herself. After hearing her back track on just about everything she's said, I'm doubting she will ever be qualified to be a PM. Just last week, it was reported to brace for flooding in the south. Now, she's saying no floods in 2012. I guess she's spoken to the rain gods lately. Then again, at least she's not openly corrupt like some others.

30184074-01_big.jpg

"I think I can hear the sound of rushing water ?" laugh.png

"I said we ought to turn left, not right, back at the junction !"

"This is my top-of-the-range invisible Yemeni salmon-fishing-rod, a present from my brother, in Dubai"

"Isn't it safe to return to Bangkok, yet ?"

Edited by Ricardo

Who is Yingluck? God?

Nobody can promise tin will not be raining for the next three weeks. if she can make such promises she can receive a job offer from the US embassy to serve in their army of missionaries.

Perhaps if you and the yingluck bashing bandwagon of several of the posters above read the OP clearly you will know what she meant:

"The prime minister has assured the public that the government will not allow the repeat of last year’s flood crisis in 2012".

She hasn't said there will be no floods or flooding, she is saying it will not be a crisis like last year because different measures are in place or being put into place to minimise the effects of the floods or flooding this year.

But that's not what you want to hear is it?

Just as well as compensation to the flood victims from last year still has not been paid in most cases coffee1.gif

No mate. How do you define "severe"?

Nesat was a Cat 3 typhoon when it hit the Phillipines and a Cat 1 when it hit China

How did China deal with them when they were full-blown?

More and more she is beginning to sound like G.W. Bush.

What would be news - and just as unbelievable as this lady's utterings - is the G.W. Bush is beginning to look like her. Bush looking like a ladyboy would really grab the headlines. cheesy.gif

Who is Yingluck? God?

Nobody can promise tin will not be raining for the next three weeks. if she can make such promises she can receive a job offer from the US embassy to serve in their army of missionaries.

Yingluck in the missionary position? Now there's a thought. laugh.png

Does this remind you of "King Cannute" up to his knees in sea water trying to controll the tides cheesy.gif

Not really. King <deleted> (Canute) was ridiculing his courtiers who were contending that he was such a wonderfully talented and powerful King that he could control the tides. This lady is trying to convince the populace that she can control the weather and the natural flow of water. Chalk and cheese. One was being honest and realistic, the other displaying delusions of grandeur.

My thoughts are that all any Thai Government can do is to limit the inconvenience and damage - and this one is making a pi$$ poor job of that.

Spelling error corrected.

Edited by Bagwan