What'S Your Favourite Pub?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food at the Black Swan is excellent....not really my kind of drinking hole though.

Where do you live in Bangkok? Have you ever tried the Paulaner Beer Garden?

i dont recall smokie actually living in Bangkok, or thailand for that matter.

Correct. Anyway I still find plenty of time to meander around Bangkok's bars...I'll be trying the Paulaner soon...thanks for the tip!

Food at the Black Swan is excellent....not really my kind of drinking hole though.

Where do you live in Bangkok? Have you ever tried the Paulaner Beer Garden?

i dont recall smokie actually living in Bangkok, or thailand for that matter.

Correct. Anyway I still find plenty of time to meander around Bangkok's bars...I'll be trying the Paulaner soon...thanks for the tip!

Where's the Paulaner?

It is in Nonthaburi apparently SC, and looks a decent place on YouTube, but presumably is too far from central BKK to justify the journey for a few drinks.

Perhaps our pal could tell us how much a cab would cost from Lower Suk., just for interests sake.

It is in Nonthaburi apparently SC, and looks a decent place on YouTube, but presumably is too far from central BKK to justify the journey for a few drinks.

Perhaps our pal could tell us how much a cab would cost from Lower Suk., just for interests sake.

I think that's Purple Line country.

I'll not be going there for a few years yet

SC

• 2 weeks later...

For pool and friendly staff (sometimes), I like New Wave on soi 7. It is a bit of freak crowd though with a mix of people from all walks of life, but that is the exciting part, you can play against all sorts of people. tables arent great though.

For drinks, the pickled liver on 7/1, Nick is a friendly guy. Londoner can be fun, with a pretty good band, though it gets quite loud and if you don't go on a buy 1 get 1 night, the food/drinks are pricey and it can be quiet.

For pool and friendly staff (sometimes), I like New Wave on soi 7. It is a bit of freak crowd though with a mix of people from all walks of life, but that is the exciting part, you can play against all sorts of people. tables arent great though.

For drinks, the pickled liver on 7/1, Nick is a friendly guy. Londoner can be fun, with a pretty good band, though it gets quite loud and if you don't go on a buy 1 get 1 night, the food/drinks are pricey and it can be quiet.

There's nothing worse (by way of exaggeration) than a quiet pub wth a loud band

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 3 weeks later...