Diamond Drill Bits

NBD

I bought a new kitchen work top of lovely polished granite, cut to size for a very reasonable price. I got it home this afternoon and realised there was no hole for the gas pipe. Doh!

So I now need to drill a roughly 1" or 2.5cm hole in it to get the gas pipe through. And granite is hard as all hell. What I need is a diamond tipped saw of the right diameter but I can't find one anywhere. I've tried Thai Watsadu on Bang Na Trad and the Home Pro in the new Mega Bang Na, which is huge and I would have thought they'd have it if any Home Pro would.

I guess I need somewhere more geared up for professionals, rather than the home DIY enthusiast. I tried my local DIY guy who didn't have one, but had a normal drill bit that he said was fine for granite, which I started off using thinking I'll drill 3 hole and get the pipe through that way. That lasted about an hour, during which time I got half way through!

Anyone suggest somewhere that might have the right thing? Preferably in the upper Sukhumvit/Bang Na area, but can travel.

Or better yet since I will only ever need to drill one hole with it once, anyone have such a thing they can loan/lend/sell me?

Thanks in advance.