Koh Samui Car Ferry?

Seatran ferry service leaves from Donsak every hour.

Google it for 1st and last ferry times.

Cost last time we went was approx 450 for the car plus about 150 per person !!

Donsak is about 1hr drive from Surat Thani, very well sign posted in English as well as Thai.

Hotels, not sure.. Try Trip Advisor..

9.321023,99.738693 google maps, 2 ferries Raja and Seatran both go from nearly the same area Donsak. If your first time probably best to go for Seatran as they go to nathon the main town, Raja are quiter and i found the que's used to be smaller but go to Lipa Noi a bit further out.. I went a few weeks ago used Seatran and was half empty so no que. Hotels, well theres loads, personally i would have a trawl through Agoda, get pictures good prices and reviews. I went online at ferry port with aircard, booked hotel in Chaweng, 3 hours later when i got there they had received faxed booking.

Edited by marstons

9.321023,99.738693 google maps, 2 ferries Raja and Seatran both go from nearly the same area Donsak. If your first time probably best to go for Seatran as they go to nathon the main town, Raja are quiter and i found the que's used to be smaller but go to Lipa Noi a bit further out.. I went a few weeks ago used Seatran and was half empty so no que. Hotels, well theres loads, personally i would have a trawl through Agoda, get pictures good prices and reviews. I went online at ferry port with aircard, booked hotel in Chaweng, 3 hours later when i got there they had received faxed booking.

Does Seatran still go on the hour while Raja on the half hour?

Im pretty sure that they both leave on the hour, going both ways.

Last ferry from Donsak-Samui is 7pm with both companies.

You might find that Seatran last ferry from Dongsak is at 18.00.

Im pretty sure that they both leave on the hour, going both ways.

Last ferry from Donsak-Samui is 7pm with both companies.

You might find that Seatran last ferry from Dongsak is at 18.00.

99% certain it's 7 Rooo. Used to be 6 which is why the visa runs vans had to drive like crazy to be sure of making it.

Last ferry goes 19.00 from Donsak, last ferry from Samui 18.00

http://www.rajaferry...id=32&Itemid=22

http://www.seatranfe...om/schedule.php

Done a run to Malaysia and back 2 days ago. Roads were empty (I thought perhaps a coup) so made very good time. Didn't have to fill in the immigration card to get into Malaysia which someone on the bus said has been going on for some time so that used up less time. Driver had a stack of Thai cards which he handed out when we stopped for a free bite to eat on the way down. Just missed the 5 o'clock ferry.

Ferry on the hour either seatran or raja seatran better as it comes into Nathon and is better ferry for comfort, hotels there are lots but I would suggest Hansa resort , bophut right on the beach every room has a view and it is a two minute walk to the many resteraunts at fishermans village, also tesco big c only 5 minute drive stay there you will not be disappointed !!!!!!!

Ferry on the hour either seatran or raja seatran better as it comes into Nathon and is better ferry for comfort, hotels there are lots but I would suggest Hansa resort , bophut right on the beach every room has a view and it is a two minute walk to the many resteraunts at fishermans village, also tesco big c only 5 minute drive stay there you will not be disappointed !!!!!!!

sorry forgot both ferries leave from Donsak, Suratthani !!!! takes about an hour !! car about 450 passenger 150/180 !!

sorry forgot both ferries leave from Donsak, Suratthani !!!! takes about an hour !! car about 450 passenger 150/180 !!

More like an hour and 45 minutes.

More like an hour and 45 minutes.

4 beers.

4 beers.

Friend of a friend was heading over to Thailand and some months back he was asking for advice. He was going to stay in BKK for 3 days then head to Samui and wanted to know the best way. After talking about the various ways he chose to fly to Surat. After we met up he said exactly the same thing, a 4 beer trip.