Any Guys Ride From Bangkok For Regular Track Racing?

I'm new to the bike scene, and new to Thailand for that matter. I'm looking to meet up with people who like to go track racing who ride over from Bangkok. I'm completely new to track, however I'm wanting to get started so anyone who already rides over to Bira or elsewhere from Bangkok would you like to baby sit me and help me get started! :/

I'm not looking to break any records just to have some fun and get a better grip of riding a bigger bike. Anyone doing lessons would be a big bonus.

Check out the calendar section on www.Bira.co.th for track availablity on Mondays (which is reserved for bikes) or Sundays which is half day... always a few farangs around if you have any questions.

Just show up on your bike, drop tire pressures and hit the track for 1200 Bath...thumbsup.gif

Graham Knight does lessons, can use your own bike or rent an ER6, 0891190000 for details.

Hi and thanks for the info.

I've already spoken with Graham whos been more than helpful and has a good setup with biking gear also available to use. Only problem is he works week days which is when I'm available most and I also work weekends like this weekend which makes it limited to availablility. I'm going to fit the training in with Graham, but I wanted to also see if there are people who ride to Bira circuit for a day of racing regular :)

Got the calendar understood, there are days for shared bike riding on the Monday which I'd like to take part in.. but last time I ridden to Pattaya took me 3 hours due to trying to avoid the toll motorways :/ Hoping to go Monday if there could be some training available.

Anybody taking part Monday from Bangkok :)

i recommend ya run Seacon track a few times to get the hang of your bike. It's, local, cheap and fun - if a bit tight for a bike over about 250 IMHO. YOu can find it in the pinned bike map thread.

Once youre bored with Seacon, then a trip to Bira would be next. I recommend an overnight trip as you'll be toast, and day half-gone, once you arrive at Bira from Bangkok.

i recommend ya run Seacon track a few times to get the hang of your bike. It's, local, cheap and fun - if a bit tight for a bike over about 250 IMHO. YOu can find it in the pinned bike map thread.

Once youre bored with Seacon, then a trip to Bira would be next. I recommend an overnight trip as you'll be toast, and day half-gone, once you arrive at Bira from Bangkok.

Bangkok Racing Circuit behing Seacon Square closed several months ago. Owners sold the land and cashed in.

Bangkok Racing Circuit behing Seacon Square closed several months ago. Owners sold the land and cashed in.

Yeah, that tracks gone unfortunately would have been useful and that's what I'm looking for, to improve on my balance and handling of the bike :/ bira is abit of a pain being a trek away. Took me 3 hours coming back by motorbike from pattaya, the dirt in the air from the busy roads wasn't great either but it's the only option.

Yeah, that tracks gone unfortunately would have been useful and that's what I'm looking for, to improve on my balance and handling of the bike :/ bira is abit of a pain being a trek away. Took me 3 hours coming back by motorbike from pattaya, the dirt in the air from the busy roads wasn't great either but it's the only option.

Depending what bike you're riding, Thailand Circuit would probably be the best place to learn as its a slower and more technical track then BIRA. The track is not in the same condition it was before the flood but would still be good for getting use to your bike. Unfortunately there's no one there doing any real training but most of us that ride at the track are easy to talk to and will help out when we can.

Depending what bike you're riding, Thailand Circuit would probably be the best place to learn as its a slower and more technical track then BIRA. The track is not in the same condition it was before the flood but would still be good for getting use to your bike. Unfortunately there's no one there doing any real training but most of us that ride at the track are easy to talk to and will help out when we can.

Hi, and thanks for your input. I'm open to ideas, I've no fixed plan in place or 100% decided on anything I just want to be able to handle and ride a bigger bike better than I do. But riding it fast would be a bonus!

I'm a big lad, and these tight leathers.. well let me say I don't know how you guys do it! :/ Is there other options for track clothing? This is going to be my first clothing purchase for track. Is there any light clothing because I can sweat like a b(*^*(&^! especially in this heat.

The Thai Circuit, been searching online and cannot find it.. is it closer, or futher away from Bangkok? I was told about another circuit by Moo at Wet4U in Kaeng Krachan racing circuit - Hua Hin which I didn't realise isn't actually that far away but not having any luck at that track either for training.

Thailand circuit is the closest to Bangkok about 70km west near Nahkon chaisi. There's superbike racers there this weekend, so might be an alright time to drop by for a look. Guys will be practicing from Thursday on.

Wearing the leathers while on the track is ok but it's a pain to wear if you have to ride through Bangkok traffic on the way there. That's why most of us just buy a van or throw the bike and gear in the back of a truck and drive there.

I've recently started riding track - I started off with Alpinestar A-10 Airflow jeans (mesh/leather) and a mesh/leather jacket that were ideal for starting on the track, in my opinion. After about 5/6 track days I've ended up buying a set of leathers - they are OK will travelling, but while waiting at the traffic lights do get a bit warm.

As newf said, Thailand Circuit is probably the best for learning and improving. If you're a beginer, you may not notice the condition so much as the fast guys... TC is THB800 per day, Bira is THB 1200 a day. Kaeng Krachan is THB 1000/day and Bonanza (Khao Yai) is THB1000 day (I think).

Good luck ! & check out the Superbike racing on Sunday at TC.

Graham night is OK for training, - there are some Thai guys but not sure how they are at communicating in English (or can you speak Thai)

Edited by KarlHatton

Thanks chaps, I now know of three tracks! And a 4th to look in to. Will look in to clothing, think I'm likely to go for non leathers.

Thanks for the info in Thailand circuit will try there first for training. Want to be able to ride there and back with traing same day a few times before the lay overs commence. Don't want to buy a truck, won't be here long enough I don't think.

Their was a website for www.thailandcircuit.com but it's gone, anyone have their contact details. Will contact them for training.

Training today was great fun. Track is big enough, and quality of the road surface is good enough, plus its only an hour away.

Will be going back again to meet my new Thai friends!

More info. Did the instructer speak english. What sort of things did you do?

thanks

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Bill, who is thai, he spoke little English however this lad was very nice who called made sure I was alright and asked me to come with more protection next time so he can learn me more. I turned up with just shorts and a sweater. My own fault but I still learnt a lot and i was very happy. He is meant to be very good on he track and is racing this Sunday. Hoping to get along and watch.

There were other Thais there who all grouped together and helped from different motorbike shops but I felt fine. Good bunch of guys. I'll be back very soon. Working on my protection and a better set of tyres as we speak

Bill, who is thai, he spoke little English however this lad was very nice who called made sure I was alright and asked me to come with more protection next time so he can learn me more. I turned up with just shorts and a sweater. My own fault but I still learnt a lot and i was very happy. He is meant to be very good on he track and is racing this Sunday. Hoping to get along and watch.

There were other Thais there who all grouped together and helped from different motorbike shops but I felt fine. Good bunch of guys. I'll be back very soon. Working on my protection and a better set of tyres as we speak

You booked a motorbike instructor on a racing circuit and turned up with shorts and a sweater... what were you expecting tuition in.. applied beach chair sitting ?

G;ad to see next time you are planning to turn up in more appropriate gear

For those that are interested I've found info of the Thailand circuit details I've attached below. I've also found a Thai racing instructor. A full days lesson tomorrow is costing me 1,500 baht? Inbox me if interested.

http://web.me.com/kr..._&_Contact.html

http://web.me.com/kr...rcuit/Maps.html

Did you have to prebook the instructor or just on the spot when you arrive?