Thaksin Wants To Make Deals: Suthep

webfact

NEGOTIATIONS

Thaksin wants to make deals: Suthep

The Nation

30184292-01_big.jpg

Democrat Party members hold a rally at a park near the Min Buri district office yesterday as part of their campaign to block the reconciliation bill, which they say is actually meant to whitewash the 'Prime minister's brother pushing opposition to stop haranguing her'

BANGKOK: -- Veteran Democrat politician Suthep Thaugsuban insisted yesterday that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had sent negotiators over to see him and ask the party to stop opposing his sister, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Suthep said he responded by saying that if he were Thaksin, he would stop going against the will of the public and would withdraw the charter amendment and reconciliation bills. He said withdrawing these bills would secure Yingluck's job through to the end of her four-year term.

When asked if he was sure Thaksin had sent these negotiators, Suthep said: "Certainly! These mediators have been used by Thaksin several times."

Meanwhile, Thida Thawornseth, chairwoman of the red-shirt Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship, said she believed that the former PM had spoken to everybody, including the Democrats, the Army, businesspeople and even the ammart (elite).

"This is called a game at the top of the pyramid, because it involves talking to the elite. I know that the elitists don't want the reconciliation bill or the charter amendment. Therefore, I'm not surprised that they have exchanged proposals as they [the elite] had worked hard on the 2006 coup before gaining the 2007 Constitution," she said.

However, she said she did not think the Pheu Thai Party would make such deals, because as long as the 2007 Constitution stays in place, the people will remain under the power of the ammart.

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said he thought Suthep was making up stories, otherwise he should provide evidence.

"It appears Suthep is making this up, because it is just part of a political game. It is ridiculous! Who would be naive enough to contact Suthep? And even if they contacted Suthep, I don't believe he can make decisions for the Democrat Party," Prompong said.

Meanwhile, Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said yesterday that the former PM was indeed in Hong Kong as reported by the media and it was normal for people to fly over and meet with him or have meals with him.

However, he said, these visitors were not likely to discuss the Cabinet reshuffle, because Thaksin respected his sister's decisions.

He added that he did not know where Thaksin would be headed next, but confirmed that it would be in Asia.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-16

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, he said, these visitors were not likely to discuss the Cabinet reshuffle, because Thaksin respected his sister's decisions."

Said with a straight face - amazing! In fact, incredible.

• Like 2

"However, he said, these visitors were not likely to discuss the Cabinet reshuffle, because Thaksin respected his sister's decisions."

Big T and his hand picked group, actually thinks either we're that stupid or he really don't give a big dump. blink.png

:Lets be honest, to make deals you have to have something to contribute to the other side, or your strong enough to back up any potential threat. Its looks more like a pot limit poker game to me, if you want to get in the real game, its no limit and play/bluff or fold.

It does look like a couple players are playing with a ringer in the game, but in this case, the players seems to know who the threats are. It will be interesting to see who wins the final/game finish pot.

I am of the opinion that the best government for this country would be a dictatorial one -- and that's exactly what we would get from Thaksin. Unfortunately we've already seen what the Democrats have accomplished during their term -- HARDLY ANYTHING. The Dems are a scattered lot. Aside from the rampant corruption, they did little to nothing in terms of 'educating' the masses or making us any more confident in them than we are with the redshirts. Abhisit is the only person I would trust -- but he's surrounded by scumbags as bad (if not worse) as the reds.

In any case, the people of this country seem to WANT to be ruled. They cannot make decisions for themselves based on morals -- that issue has effectively been dealt with through their conditioning in the education system and maintained through various government agencies specifically established to ensure that the population remains malleable and dense.

So who best to rule these people than someone who has the money and power to instigate and unify all the other corrupt agencies? It's not that Thaksin is good or anything -- but he's the biggest, baddest, most corrupt person you'd ever find. Perfect for the job.

Edited by theajarn

theajarn: You made a fit description of Thaksin but the real world has/is progressing away from this type of despot. Even Asia is starting to acknowledge the error of their past ways. Thaksin's problem is he has not kept up with the times nor 21st century reasoning/thinking.

What is evident is Thaksin's mentors/heros seem to be the old school robber barons/thieves/dictators. His thinking is mirrored in his business ventures, "take everything you can" and put absolutly nothing back in for the future. This type of leadership can lead to a bankrupt country, who must cry for foreign aid. The next problem is how to get the aid to the population, while bypassing the corrupt system in place.

• Like 1

So someone else is telling TS to call a halt to his interfering nonsense.

Good. The more the merrier. The more time that passes the looser his grip will become, every day he spends out of Thailand is an embarrasment for him, made even worse by the fact that his party is in power, and he still can't come back.

I am of the opinion that the best government for this country would be a dictatorial one -- and that's exactly what we would get from Thaksin. Unfortunately we've already seen what the Democrats have accomplished during their term -- HARDLY ANYTHING. The Dems are a scattered lot. Aside from the rampant corruption, they did little to nothing in terms of 'educating' the masses or making us any more confident in them than we are with the redshirts. Abhisit is the only person I would trust -- but he's surrounded by scumbags as bad (if not worse) as the reds.

In any case, the people of this country seem to WANT to be ruled. They cannot make decisions for themselves based on morals -- that issue has effectively been dealt with through their conditioning in the education system and maintained through various government agencies specifically established to ensure that the population remains malleable and dense.

So who best to rule these people than someone who has the money and power to instigate and unify all the other corrupt agencies? It's not that Thaksin is good or anything -- but he's the biggest, baddest, most corrupt person you'd ever find. Perfect for the job.

The Democrats didn't accomplish much, but they didn't do anything bad. Corruption was minimal (in compare with Thaksin times). For dictator Thaksin is the worst Thailand could get. Any boring Democrat government is way better.

• Like 2

The Democrats didn't accomplish much, but they didn't do anything bad. Corruption was minimal (in compare with Thaksin times). For dictator Thaksin is the worst Thailand could get. Any boring Democrat government is way better.

Actually the Dems did give free education up to M3. Free school uniforms (at least a subsidy) free text books. The last 2 have been canceled by this Phua Thai government to pay for the computer tablets. They also streamlined the health system taking out the ridiculous 30b per visit cost (PTp Have tried putting it back)

There are others as well. The mistake the dems made was simple they acted like a government (generally) not a huge PR campaign like PTp.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

Meanwhile, Thida Thawornseth, chairwoman of the red-shirt Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship, said she believed that the former PM had spoken to everybody, including the Democrats, the Army, businesspeople and even the ammart (elite).

He was talking to the ammart? So he was talking to himself? His family members? His cronies in PTP? His big business allies? International business media that have lobbied on his behalf since even before the coup? All the people his policies like cutting corporate income tax are designed to benefit?

Actually the Dems did give free education up to M3. Free school uniforms (at least a subsidy) free text books. The last 2 have been canceled by this Phua Thai government to pay for the computer tablets. They also streamlined the health system taking out the ridiculous 30b per visit cost (PTp Have tried putting it back)

There are others as well. The mistake the dems made was simple they acted like a government (generally) not a huge PR campaign like PTp.

Yes this is what I call "not much". There are a 1000 other things they could have also done. And being a little bit cynical, in a democracy being a government is a kind of huge PR campaign.

If they would have scraped the alcohol purchasing times, it would have had a much bigger impact on the election than anything they could ever do with education.

PTP is overdoing it with in 6 month everyone will be rich, Thailand will be the hub of this and that, there won't be a drugs anymore, but the Democrats clearly didn't address the things people want to hear about.

(consider me an old cynic)

Yes this is what I call "not much". There are a 1000 other things they could have also done. And being a little bit cynical, in a democracy being a government is a kind of huge PR campaign.

If they would have scraped the alcohol purchasing times, it would have had a much bigger impact on the election than anything they could ever do with education.

PTP is overdoing it with in 6 month everyone will be rich, Thailand will be the hub of this and that, there won't be a drugs anymore, but the Democrats clearly didn't address the things people want to hear about.

Wait.wait.wait.

You are seriously saying that dropping the booze buying times is more important than free education.

hahahahahaha wonderful thanks for the laugh. Have another beer :blink:

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

However, she said she did not think the Pheu Thai Party would make such deals, because as long as the 2007 Constitution stays in place, the people will remain under the power of the ammart.

here in is the problem - the inability for these uneducated people to understand the difference between the "law" (which the constitution attemps to uphold) and the "ammart"

perhaps it would be helpful for her to explain which particular part of the constitution she's not happy with so we can all understand what the problem is

It's logic like this that allows dictators to take power. The current mob may be inept in many ways but they are corrupt and adept at "raping" the country and lining their own and their clans' pockets. If Thaksin returns and takes power then its "brakes off and full ahead". You advocate another potentail Stalin, Hitler or Pol Pol?

Check the Transparency International Corruption Index, corruption has stayed pretty constant in Thailand regardless of who is in charge.

Also, given a choice between a corrupt democracy and a corrupt military dictatorship, I'll choose democracy. Apparently I'm in the minority on this in TV.

Wait.wait.wait.

You are seriously saying that dropping the booze buying times is more important than free education.

hahahahahaha wonderful thanks for the laugh. Have another beer blink.png

read my posting again......

It would have had a bigger impact on the election. Means for the normal Somchai it would have been a bigger topic.....

Wait.wait.wait.

hahahahahaha wonderful thanks for the laugh. Have another beer blink.png

read my posting again......

It would have had a bigger impact on the election. Means for the normal Somchai it would have been a bigger topic.....

Nonsense. The average 'Somchai' buys his booze from the local m&p shops, as do Itongue.png And I rarely see some saleng driver loading up at Villa Market, which does sell booze all day, their obviously having paid the bung.

Ok, I will concider you an old cynic. But I disagree very strongly on you opinion.

Check the Transparency International Corruption Index, corruption has stayed pretty constant in Thailand regardless of who is in charge.

Also, given a choice between a corrupt democracy and a corrupt military dictatorship, I'll choose democracy. Apparently I'm in the minority on this in TV.

Now why would you leave out an important word in the title of your quoted index. "PERCEPTIONS" are something quite different to actual occurrences, and must allow for differences in freedom of the press, the number of defamation suits being lodged, and a financed slur campaign being waged.

But that doesn't help your position, does it?

Prompong is telling the truth, actually. Thaksin tells his sister what decision to make. She makes the decision. Thaksin respects her for making the decision, which he has made for her. Whether she respects her brother is another matter.

He added i respect my sister becuase she does what I tell herrolleyes.gif

Edited by givenall