How To Set Up A Proxy / Vpn From The Uk

daniel2183

Yes i use www.hidemyass.com

Great piece of software its not free about 70usd if i remember correct

you can select any country you want to hide behind

Once you have done that you can watch all UK channels from http://www.filmon.com

If you use a normal IP in thai you can still watch 100s of channels free just select SD

if you select HD then you have to pay a FEE

It also has 10 XXX adult FREE

Once you select a UK IP Or Turkey IP you will see all the UK Channels listed

as i said its free if you watch in SD look window player top right to chnge to SD

regards

Edited by james255

Looks good:-) is there a way to use my computer in England instead of using hidemyass?

Yes in England just goton filmon

when the moive starts to play look top right and click on SD its free

It loads as HD as default so thats why you only get 15sec

Change it to SD and EnJoy

Oh if its the XXX your talikng about if i remember the ASIA xxx is free

the others you have to susbscribe about 120 us per year !!

Just remeber to change to SD

The 120 US give you all channels FREE 1000S channels

you can also Record and catch up if you subscribe its the best i have ever seen

regards

Edited by james255

Yes it is possible to set up a VPN server as you suggest. The problem is that it likely won't work very well for streaming video because your download speed in Thailand will be limited to the upload speed of your home broadband connection in the UK.

Looks good:-) is there a way to use my computer in England instead of using hidemyass?

Have you looked at logmein dot com. it allows you to control your uk computer from Thailand over the internet. only problem is you will need a good connection in Thailand for it to work well.

There are free sites too for hiding your IP address,you can also get local call number from your home town,local call rates from UK to phone here,there or anywhere,also a virtual mail drop address.

Xhamster .com,that highly religious,puritan site ,now banned in certain quarters in Thailand can be accessed at webwarper.com

Yes the speeds in Thailand are pretty hopeless

you could use Expat Shield. It'll show you as having a UK IP address enabling you to watch TV via iplayer etc. You'll still need a good internet connection/speed in Thailand to prevent buffering though.

To watch 'UK iplayers' you won't be able to use sites such as 'hide my ass' because they just hide your IP address. Iplayer etc needs to see a UK IP address to work, it won't work if the IP adrress is 'hidden'.

Edited by sumrit

I've used Witopia for years and have been very satisfied. For US$50/year you get close to 100 different VPN servers that you can use and change any time for no charge, and they are located in dozens of different countries. Speed is quite good, and their support is excellent should you have any problems. In the UK, they have servers in London and Manchester. Those work for all the UK-centric services that I have tried.

https://www.witopia.net/products/