Asus Transformer Prime Tf 700T

Deke

Does anybody know where in Bangkok I can physically put my hands on one of these before I buy it?

I like the specs but a quick stroll around Fortune Town the other day only uncovered the usual Apple and Samsung tablets (plus a few no-name cheapies).

Also, if anybody knows, can you get a leather cover for the tablet part of these things like they make for Ipads?

I have been following the Transformer Prime blogs for awhile now. At this time I am unaware of Asus even a specifying a release date for said TF700T.

With the TF300T out now kicking butt in the tablet market, the next tablet I believe you will see from Asus is the Prime Infinity which is essentially the 300T with higher end resolution screen, metal casing (with previous WiFi issues resolved), and a couple extra ports.

You should be able to find the 300T around and give it a test drive in the store. ICS is so silky smooth and the screen resolution looks very nice! If you're in the market for a nice Android tablet you'll be hard pressed to find something as complete and solid as the 300T right now. I wouldn't hold my breath for the 700T....anyways if and when it does come out, news about its replacement will already be on its heels. Gotta pull the trigger at some point! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I saw the 700T advertised on the Invade IT website as being available which I why I was wanting to check it out. Maybe I need to call them to confirm that their ad isn't an error.

I saw the 700T advertised on the Invade IT website as being available which I why I was wanting to check it out. Maybe I need to call them to confirm that their ad isn't an error.

Yeah....can you post a link to that ad? I would be interested to see it, as would some folks over on the Android forums! Thanks!

Edited by BKS22

Yeah....can you post a link to that ad? I would be interested to see it, as would some folks over on the Android forums! Thanks!

No photos on their site so may need to contact them to see availability. I was looking for it also.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/tablets/asus/transformer-prime-tf700t-gold-p009354/

No photos on their site so may need to contact them to see availability. I was looking for it also.

http://www.invadeit....t-gold-p009354/

I just got an Email back from them. The do not have it yet. I guess now I need to decide whether to wait or get something else.

http://www.invadeit....t-gold-p009354/

I just got an Email back from them. The do not have it yet. I guess now I need to decide whether to wait or get something else.

While you're waiting, try one of those B2000 "No Name" Chinese Android tablets. Many are running ICS and have surprisingly decent specs. Screens are ok and the 7" ones are so compact and light that they comfortably ride in the cargo pocket of your shorts.

I bought a "MID" brand for my gf's niece and it has held up very well and so far, has run every app put in. Even if you do later get the Asus, I think you will find this to be a great back-up and a lot of fun.

I have just purchased a TF300 in Chiang Mai and first impression is great. Contrary to all reviews and specs. that I have viewed it does have 3G capability with a sim card slot and with 32GB costs Baht 19,900. Only minor irritation is that the limited documentation supplied with it is only in Thai.

I have just purchased a TF300 in Chiang Mai and first impression is great. Contrary to all reviews and specs. that I have viewed it does have 3G capability with a sim card slot and with 32GB costs Baht 19,900. Only minor irritation is that the limited documentation supplied with it is only in Thai.

You can probably pull a full documentation PDF in English off the Asus website.

Thanks DDDave I have already done that, all 90 pages which are well presented. This is my first ASUS product and so far I am very impressed. I looked at the new Samsung Tab 2 with docking keyboard but at approx. the same price there is no comparison.

Can anybody recommend a place in Bangkok that would likely have this in stock? MBK maybe?

Can anybody recommend a place in Bangkok that would likely have this in stock? MBK maybe?

Yesterday I didn't saw any in Panthip placa. There was a big Asus show but without Tablet and no shop seems to have it crying.gif