Computer/It Market In Chaeng Wattana Area?

mrjohn

Sorry no. I reckon 80% of the computers sold in Bangkok go through the top three or four locations, any others have very little selection and (perhaps only a little) higher prices.

I find leaving just after the worst of the morning rush, or timing it to get to Pantip around 10:30am works best.

Hardware House and JIB have many branches and are usually OK. They are also able to preorder things if you catch a staff with half a brain.

Else I recommend Panthip or order online at invaidit (spelling?????)

How about IT square? The big mall on the corner of Chaeng Wattana and Vipawadee-Rangsit.

Or, you can head a few more km north past Don Muang and go to my personal favorite, Zeer Rangsit. Much better than Pantip Plaza as the vendors aren't nearly as viscous about gouging farangs. If you like Pantip, you'll enjoy Zeer.

There is a Panthip on Nam Wong Wan Road(almost opposite The Mall) whihc is not too far from Chaeng Wattana

I agree, it is only 2 floors though but i always could find what i wanted there. However for the higher spec stuff i went to the other pantip.

Yup IT Square, or better (a bit further north, past Don Mueang) would be Zeer Rangsit, allegedly the largest IT mall in the region, puts Pantip in the shade.

How would one get to Zeer Rangsit from central Bangkok using public transportation other than a taxi?

Yup IT Square, or better (a bit further north, past Don Mueang) would be Zeer Rangsit, allegedly the largest IT mall in the region, puts Pantip in the shade.

How would one get to Zeer Rangsit from central Bangkok using public transportation other than a taxi?

Tuktuk

Many thanks for the advice here. Zeer Rangsit sounds like just the sort of place I was thinking of.

I did a search on Google maps and came up with this:

Map Ref 13.977132,100.605483

Can anyone confirm that this is the location?

post-13487-0-36107400-1340013703_thumb.j

yep, that's it.

easy to get there and back from Victory Monument, just take a minibus to Rangsit, and tell the driver, "Jot Merry King* duay khrap". He'll let you out just across the road from Zeer, which also happens to contain the Asia Airport Hotel - it's huge, you can't miss it.

Catch the minibus back in front of Zeer, and Bob's yer uncle.

* if the driver isn't old enough to remember the Merry King store, just say, "Zeer"

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App