Landslide Victory For Khun Itipon, Who Is Voted In As Mayor Of Pattaya

Rimmer

Landslide victory for Khun Itipon, who is voted in as Mayor of Pattaya

PATTAYA:--Our news today is dominated by the elections for Mayor of Pattaya which took place on Sunday.

Pattaya has now chosen its next Mayor of Pattaya who will serve the City for the next 4 years. The winning candidate is the incumbent Mayor, Khun Itipon who was candidate number 1 on the ballot paper; he will be joined by his team of candidates 1 to 6 on the ballot. During the vote count it quickly became apparent that Khun Itipon would win and would win by a considerable margin.

The results of the election still require final ratification by the election commission; however the final voting figures were as follows: In first place with 21,448 votes was candidate number 1 on the election paper, Khun Itipon, in second place was candidate number 2, Khun Udomsak who polled 2,187 votes. Third place went to candidate number 3 Khun Su-aynee with 1,651 votes and in fourth place, candidate number 4 on the ballot sheet, Khun Supagit who received 319 votes.

It was a landslide victory for Khun Itipon and he is hoping his older brother Khun Wittaya will be as successful in the forthcoming Chonburi Provincial Elections which takes place on 8th July.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/57335/landslide-victory-khun-itipon-voted-mayor-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-06-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

As much voter apathy as other cities around the world.

21,448 votes was candidate number 1 on the election paper, Khun Itipon, in second place was candidate number 2, Khun Udomsak who polled 2,187 votes. Third place went to candidate number 3 Khun Su-aynee with 1,651 votes and in fourth place, candidate number 4 on the ballot sheet, Khun Supagit who received 319 votes.

Are these numbers low? I am not sure of the population of Pattaya.

The Mayor Pattaya deserves.

Maybe you could point out some of his achievements during his previous term?

Methinks Necron wasn't being entirely complimentary!

As much voter apathy as other cities around the world.

21,448 votes was candidate number 1 on the election paper, Khun Itipon, in second place was candidate number 2, Khun Udomsak who polled 2,187 votes. Third place went to candidate number 3 Khun Su-aynee with 1,651 votes and in fourth place, candidate number 4 on the ballot sheet, Khun Supagit who received 319 votes.

Are these numbers low? I am not sure of the population of Pattaya.

I'm not sure but my guess is that 90% of the Pattaya population doesn't has the right to vote in Pattaya since they are registered hundreds of miles away.

I'm not sure but my guess is that 90% of the Pattaya population doesn't has the right to vote in Pattaya since they are registered hundreds of miles away.

You can probably make that 99%.

Hardly any adult Thais in Pattaya actually come from here. They nearly all come from elsewhere, though not necessarily very far. Many of course do indeed come from a long way away.

So restaurants and bars were closed for 2 days to thousands of expats, locals and tourists just so 26,000 people could vote! Have to make sure they don't riot, should the election process not go in their favour!!! Lol only in Thailand!!

So restaurants and bars were closed for 2 days to thousands of expats, locals and tourists just so 26,000 people could vote! Have to make sure they don't riot, should the election process not go in their favour!!! Lol only in Thailand!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I'm sure Kiss and Mcdonalds restaurants never closed.:o

And your point is what?

And your point is what?

My point is when have you seen restaurants closed in Pattaya during a local election. Me never seen restaurants closed because of it. Bars yes have seen closed but also have seen many open regardless of the occasion.