Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am not afraid to post, but often don't see the point. I often want to post something helpful to the community, but it seems most people only sit around on their PCs waiting to flame every poster (such as when I tried to simply warn everyone about my mugging on Sukhumvit in 2010). Ironically, I would guess most who "know it all" do not even live in Thailand.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Thaivisa Connect App

Still worried about posts from 2010 ? Really ? cheesy.gif

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not afraid to post, but often don't see the point. I often want to post something helpful to the community, but it seems most people only sit around on their PCs waiting to flame every poster (such as when I tried to simply warn everyone about my mugging on Sukhumvit in 2010). Ironically, I would guess most who "know it all" do not even live in Thailand.

Flaming can hurt

it's not funny

Don't worry, most of us have grown immune to your regular insults...

I was referring to you actually

I recommend you follow the advice provided in my avatar...

crikey!

I'm French I don't understand cricket and find it tedious to watch on tv and worse in real

As the historian GM Trevelyan commented (as part of an analysis of the French revolution)... "If the French noblesse had been capable of playing cricket with their peasants, their chateaux would never have been burnt."

Even putting the cricket reference to one side, his insightful statement should guide us in our interactions with our fellow men (or women). Essentially, if you are nice to other people, they are more likely to be nice to you.

• Like 1

How would you feel if me and OSTEN and JUDAS and ANELIANE and the other three or four reasonable posters ganged up on you every time you posted something?

Why do you not use the Report Button. Thats what its there for! Mind you if I were to frequent a Swedish forum for example I would be damned careful that I fully understood the language and innuendos before taking any action.

I thought on your "Soya thread' you had some pretty positive and helpful replies, so quite honestly I dont know what the problems are all about.

My report button does not seem to work

And/or my abusers gets my report and post it online

And you of all people are always so helpful and friendly with me wink.png

I actually gave you a very helpful post on your Soya thread.

Your abusers certainly do not receive your report and it is against forum policy to publish a PM I believe.

When I reported you, did you receive anything back from me?cheesy.gif

Edited by edwinclapham

Flaming can hurt

it's not funny

Flaming can be funny

it doesn't hurt

• Like 1

Flaming can hurt

it's not funny

Flaming can be funny

it doesn't hurt

As said previously, there is such thing as social network depression and suicide

In tremble with fear every time I post on TV............

I fear being called a racist by a Bangkok based mongrel lover..........

I fear having to work out what StreetCowboy is on about............

I fear the dripping cynicism of Bendix..................( to be fair he is world class at it, you have to appreciate his genius )

I fear being harassed to death by pm by some of our more unstable members.................

I fear having to explain the rules of cricket to a Thai.............

I fear having to justify my membership of Thaivisa because I'm not an ex-pat................

I fear being beaten to death by gangs of psychotic British pensioners...................( Okay!! I'll sign the e-petition!! )

I fear the duck.............

and most of all.................

I fear being ignored. ermm.gif

cheesy.gif he's awake!

Why do you not use the Report Button. Thats what its there for! Mind you if I were to frequent a Swedish forum for example I would be damned careful that I fully understood the language and innuendos before taking any action.

I thought on your "Soya thread' you had some pretty positive and helpful replies, so quite honestly I dont know what the problems are all about.

Your abusers certainly do not receive your report and it is against forum policy to publish a PM I believe.

Well i must have imagined the very exact word I reported then

Soya : I had one only shop named and it was in PM, not yours

Well, I like the post

I fear the dripping cynicism of Bendix..................( to be fair he is world class at it, you have to appreciate his genius )

I fear being harassed to death by pm by some of our more unstable members.................

I fear having to justify my membership of Thaivisa because I'm not an ex-pat................

I fear being beaten to death by gangs of psychotic British pensioners...................( Okay!! I'll sign the e-petition!! )

Well, I sometimes would fear the poster Diabetic Kid because I think he's the probably in the top 5 smartest guys who I see post on TV. He knows a wealth of information about just about anything. I really enjoy reading his posts. I also enjoy StreetCowboi, but I often don't understand him because I think he's usually being poetic. I like other posters, as well.

Now we have got to the point AGAIN, where the thread has turned into a private chatroom for the usual suspects.whistling.gif

I don't like it more than you do

But if I don't answer abuse will stay and carry on and on

Well i must have imagined the very exact word I reported then

Soya : I had one only shop named and it was in PM, not yours

Madam! I said I gave you what I thought was a helpful post!. Now why do I perpetually get these images of icebergs in my mind!rolleyes.gif

edwinclapham

Purveyor of Troll'opes

• photo-thumb-75486.jpg?_r=1339928901
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 881 posts

Posted 2012-06-02 15:40:27

Without Prejudice

The secret of making soy yogurt without store bought culture

http://live2cook.wor...bought-culture/

the stalks of chilli peppers have wild yeast. that’s the secret.

Madam! I said I gave you what I thought was a helpful post!. Now why do I perpetually get these images of icebergs in my mind!rolleyes.gif

edwinclapham

Purveyor of Troll'opes

• photo-thumb-75486.jpg?_r=1339928901
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 881 posts

Posted 2012-06-02 15:40:27

Without Prejudice

The secret of making soy yogurt without store bought culture

http://live2cook.wor...bought-culture/

the stalks of chilli peppers have wild yeast. that’s the secret.

OK you gave me once one relevant info

Is it supposed to balance all the abuses ?

How would you feel if me and OSTEN and JUDAS and ANELIANE and the other three or four reasonable posters ganged up on you every time you posted something?

I really wouldn't care what you or anyone else did because I don't post stupid things to be ganged up over ...... perhaps a concept you could learn from

cheesy.gif he's awake!

Yes....I have returned, my old laptop collapsed and died, it was a sorrowful death crying.gif

I've been confined to using my Blackberry for the last few days and my right thumb is killing me biggrin.png

I really wouldn't care what you or anyone else did because I don't post stupid things to be ganged up over ...... perhaps a concept you could learn from

Your consistent tone reminds me of my dad telling me to chew with my mouth closed and stuff.

If you do not possess the required skill and speed to bowl a genuine bouncer, pitching the ball short of a length will lead to a long-hop, which will be easy for the batsman to hit to the boundary.

Yes, we are ALL aware of that you are the OP of a thread, that against all odds became very popular. But from there to remind us about it every 10 minutes, well, well, well.

Specially with a sport (????) that in most countries, are not even considered a sport.sad.png

With respect, I think the Brits have gotten a hold of this thread, so I must say I can no longer really keep up with all the peculiarities of British English. I'm not so sure even if we're still talking about the same thing. Seems like sports or something. At any rate, I need to get up early to deal with an ant problem that I have, so I am going to bed.

It has been great chatting with you all tonight. There was noticeably less negativity than I anticipated, so I'm feeling quite good about it.

Good night

Edited by PaullyW
  • Like 1

I just want to clarify that you understand the meaning of the word "reasonable"??. blink.png

If you do not possess the required skill and speed to bowl a genuine bouncer, pitching the ball short of a length will lead to a long-hop, which will be easy for the batsman to hit to the boundary.

Yes, we are ALL aware of that you are the OP of a thread, that against all odds became very popular. But from there to remind us about it every 10 minutes, well, well, well.

Specially with a sport (????) that in most countries, are not even considered a sport.sad.png

For you, I recommend cricket

Edited by brit1984