Teaching In Thailand

Hello,

I am an Indian and working in Thailand on Non-IB visa. My family is also staying with me here on Non-O visa. This month my wife got an offer for teaching in a Thai Govt. school.

Please help me to know the following

1. Do my wife need to get a new visa? (She has Non-O visa as of now)

if yes, how? does she need to go out of country for this or it can be changed in Thailand also?

2. The school is applying for her work permit. They asked for Passport, Degree certificate and other educational certificates. What else she may need to get WP?

Many thanks & best regards

If your wife will need a new visa depends on the immigration office, and probably also on the kind of school. It is not uncommen that if she is on an extension of stay as your dependent they will send her abroad to get a non-B visa. But if she will start working for a government school, they might just change the reason for an extension of stay. having a government teacher going with ehr to the labour office and immigration would be nice.

Basicly the documents you mention is it, but she must also go to a doctor to get a health certifcate. Just go to a local government hospital and ask for a doctors certficate for the labour office.

Another important item is that she either has a teachers licence or waiver of the teachers license, both immigration and labour office can ask for this. So it is important that the school applies for it right away wit the Thai teachers Council.

• Like 1

If a new visa from a Consulate is required believe nationality will require a trip to home country unless also a resident elsewhere.

How do you know which nationalities require a trip home and which don't? Visa-exempt list (GB, USA, Korea, etc)?

Have not seen as such but believe this Brisbane listing of those able to obtain visa only if resident in Oz is likely a full list.

1. Syria

2. Iraq

3. Palestinian

4. Iran

5. Sudan

6. Algeria

7. Libya

8. Yemen

9. Egypt

10. Afghanistan

11. Nigeria

12. Nepal