Inside The Lines

BeerMoney

Except for the boot camp analogy, I thought the observations about Thai students were interesting.

Speaking of observations, it's interesting how some 'literate spelling experts' use sarcasm to show off their expertise. Too bad they never learned that sarcasm doesn't have to be witless.

The word 'color' has sometimes been used in English since the 15th century.

• Like 1

Except for the boot camp analogy, I thought the observations about Thai students were interesting.

Speaking of observations, it's interesting how some 'literate spelling experts' use sarcasm to show off their expertise. Too bad they never learned that sarcasm doesn't have to be witless.

The word 'color' has sometimes been used in English since the 15th century.

I like the occasional spelling differences between the UK and USA. It helps determine the nationality of the poster for a start.

Edited by Beechboy

You made an interesting observation O/P and I suppose it's something to do with hand-eye co-ordination. Whilst I should not imagine that Thai youngsters are better developed at this at an earlier age, it does seem to be unusual and perhaps there are some universal tests you could access in order to discover more.

Dominant hand, dominant eye etc. Mixed preferences or whatever.

As a general fact, and probably nothing at all to do with anything here, Asians are reknowned for the good hand eye co-ordination needed in such sports as table tennis and squash, in which they excel.

I had an English friend once who was in special education and he was insistent upon the fact that dyslexia was only common to the English Language. Whether this was true or not, I would not know. But all this kind of thing would seem to come into the basic skills repertoire that is taught to infants in England.

Wow, an intelligent response! What a treat, thank you!

Maybe it is hand-eye coordination, but for some reason I was thinking it had to do with conforming.

My step mother was orthophonist and dyslexia was her daily bread

I know about 10 of my friend that have been dyslexic

You made an interesting observation O/P and I suppose it's something to do with hand-eye co-ordination. Whilst I should not imagine that Thai youngsters are better developed at this at an earlier age, it does seem to be unusual and perhaps there are some universal tests you could access in order to discover more.

Dominant hand, dominant eye etc. Mixed preferences or whatever.

As a general fact, and probably nothing at all to do with anything here, Asians are reknowned for the good hand eye co-ordination needed in such sports as table tennis and squash, in which they excel.

I had an English friend once who was in special education and he was insistent upon the fact that dyslexia was only common to the English Language. Whether this was true or not, I would not know. But all this kind of thing would seem to come into the basic skills repertoire that is taught to infants in England.

Wow, an intelligent response! What a treat, thank you!

Maybe it is hand-eye coordination, but for some reason I was thinking it had to do with conforming.

Sorry for all the snide remarks , you made a very interesting observation, and all most replies could find to say was your spelling , your name, or some juvenile remarks.

I agree with you, I believe it has something to do with conforming,

conforming up to a point is good, it helps us get a long as social animals, but past a certain point it becomes counter productive because it robs us of our individuality.

This early life strict conformity to authority, manifests it's self in many negative ways later in life.

we all see the Thais that are so sweet in every day life, but become maniacs behind the anonymity of the wheel of a car.

PS: most posters in this forum are more interested in why farangs should not sell Durian , than your interesting observation

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1