Round Trip Advice...

snowflake

I love traveling and this october I want to travel to Chiang Mai (I always wanted to go up there, but somethings keep popping up)... This year, I am sure I can go...

When I ride from NST to Bangkok I stop off in Hua Hin for the night, this time I will just skip that and pass Bangers. How many days would you guys recommend for me to travel from Bangers to Chiang Mai- and then turn east and move towards Udon Thani?

I just want to ride my bike, I will probably do 500km++ every day... Not too much stopping... and I would like to do the famous "1800" twisties...

Not much for sightseeing, just a holiday away from the GF on my (GF) bike...

Any advice? apart from going over the bike er6f before I leave?

from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai, if you leave early like 07:00, you can reach Chiang Mai within ten hours but it exceeds your limit of 500km per day but it does not matter. It is a day trip and I think with er6f you can do around 700 - 800 km per day easily. People ride on their honda waves, scooters more than 500 km per day man.

Chiang Mai to Udon is again a full day trip and from Udon to Nakhon Si will take at least two full days of riding so you can estimate the rest like how many days you will spend on these locations.

sorry if I was not clear... but 500++ km pr day... I am happy with 800km.. I don't mind... ok, so that is 4 days... now I need to find something else to do as well...

I know that the high way is faster, but what about some (back roads) are they good or bad? Dangerous??? Anything that I should not miss out on?

Back roads are always more fun but requires a slower pace.

Besides, back roads are not as smooth and maintained as highways and they might be two laned. Lots of villages, towns to pass so if you go thorough back roads, it will be a much more slower trip.

So, it is all up to your time but you will not miss much if you take highway. All flat and paddy fields man.

Not long ago, i made Krabi Ao Nang to Bangkok which is around 900 km with my cbr250 within ten hours with 4 stops so 800 km on er6n is not a problem.

I am going to try to get over 1000km in one day for this trip... Just to see if I still have it...

I went up and down to Bangers from NST on my CBR in three days, just for fun... I liked that... The ER6F should be better than that... but what do I konw___