Holiday Inn Express Opens In Bangkok With Thb 1,999++ Promotion

george

Holiday Inn Express Opens in Bangkok with THB 1,999++ Promotion

InterContinental Hotels Group has opened its first Holiday Inn Express hotel in Thailand.

http://www.agoda.com...siam_hotel.html

IHG is expected to open a further 12 Holiday Inn Express Hotels within South East Asia in the next two years.

Located in downtown Bangkok, the 300-room Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam focuses on providing guests with a core range of facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast, at competitive prices.

“We’re very excited to work with IHG on the first Holiday Inn Express in South East Asia. The brand has a very innovative business model in this category and we’re confident that the hotel will be profitable,” said Mr Sunny Bajaj, Managing Director of Amburaya Hotels and Resorts.

Located at National Stadium Sky Train Station, the hotel is steps away from a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options.

To celebrate its opening, Holiday Inn Express Siam Bangkok is offering a special rate of THB 1,999++ per night for stays before 15 September 2012. As with all Holiday Inn Express rates in Asia, this is inclusive of complimentary breakfast and high-speed Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel.

With 2,133 properties around the world, the brand is currently one of the largest and fastest growing hotel brands in the world. In Asia Pacific, the brand has 40 hotels in its current estate and 54 in the pipeline.

The brand’s expansion plans in South East Asia include properties in Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia over the next two years.

The brand is also continuing to expand across Asia Pacific, in Greater China, as well as India and Australia.

More info: http://www.agoda.com...siam_hotel.html

-- Asiatraveltips.com 2012-06-20

Actually, THB 1,999 ++ isn't that great a rate - and this is their special promo. With an abundance of hotel in Bangkok - there are far better deals to be found. I think I would rather stay in a hotel that has more of a Thai flavor than a Holiday Inn - but always good to have options.

• Like 1

Hotels which hide the rate you will actually pay behind these nasty little "++" symbols (which will add 17.5% to your bill) plus quote a rate one Baht short of 2,000 to make it look like something very special, really don't deserve to be supported.

We've all had quite enough of misleading or concealed add-on prices, and I salute hotels, airlines and others which have the integrity and honesty to advertise the RATE YOU WILL ACTUALLY PAY.

The Thai government would do well to make inclusive pricing mandatory nationwide, especially for hotels and airlines, and create a level playing field for everybody, companies and consumers alike.

The 'plus plus' brigade will never get my support. I hope others share my view.

In full agreement with you. Always good to have more choice but I will continue to stay at my usual venue when in BKK. I find the Hotel I use quite satisfactory and the price quoted on their website (without +++'s) is the price you pay. The price being about one third of what Holiday Inn Express quotes.

Good news for travelers.

Not that I recommend paying their price for an "Express" hotel, but that there are even more rooms now in an already overserved market and they are contributing to the low price of other Bangkok hotel rooms.

I, too, got a kick out of the 10% service charge added to my hotel bills here. I always thought the service was part of the cost of the room.

Couldn't really gripe about the government's share.

At least I didn't get hit up for an obligatory "Facilities Fee" for the pool I never use, or "Garage Use" fee (no car, by the way). Seems hotels are free to advertise a $5 room, then make it all up on the fees they tack on after you hit the button to accept the non-refundable reservation. Sadly, that's happening more and more as the interweb is allowing people to compare prices so much easier than in the bad ole' days.

Why all the negativity...B2000k for a brand new room in the center of a major world tourist and business city is a snip. If one is so inclined, there are plenty of cheaper options and more expensive ones but this might appeal to lots of people.

Because it simply isn't a great 'introductory' rate. It's already at it's level. It isn't 2000 baht. It is 2352 baht. It's only 2000 baht if you have the code to get a special discount.

Krit Thai Mansion. Same location, half the price.

For the same price, I could take a Centrepoint Serviced apartment double the size of their pokey 23 sq. m. room and with better facilities.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

This promo rate is only about 30% less than you would pay for a HI Express in The States. Unless their SE Asia versions are much nicer than what they offer in The USA this sounds like a pretty poor price for quality ratio. For HI Express quality in Bangkok I would think the market should be near 1,000 THB. My opinion is based on 15+ years of very frequent biz travel in the USA probably 75% of which was in Holiday Inn or affiliated brand like Crowne Plaza etc.

• Like 1

Why all the negativity...B2000k for a brand new room in the center of a major world tourist and business city is a snip. If one is so inclined, there are plenty of cheaper options and more expensive ones but this might appeal to lots of people.

Because it simply isn't a great 'introductory' rate. It's already at it's level. It isn't 2000 baht. It is 2352 baht. It's only 2000 baht if you have the code to get a special discount.

Krit Thai Mansion. Same location, half the price.

For the same price, I could take a Centrepoint Serviced apartment double the size of their pokey 23 sq. m. room and with better facilities.

Quite agree, nothing to get excited about at all!

I have stayed in Holiday Inn Expess' all ove rthe place including Dubai. My thought is that they are of low value for the money.

Internet doesn't work. No soap or shampoo. No complimentary water in Dubai just blew me away.