Seeing People Snap Over Very Little Things

WebBangkok

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called a Farang Fit. And after seeing a few farangs exhibit it, some of them rather like the ones described by the OP, I find myself starting to agree with the Thais...it is very ugly and I can understand why Thais lose respect for anyone who rants on and on like a mad dog.

Of course, I had farang fits before. But nowadays, farang fits are replaced with a forced false smile. Just smile and nod, the blood pressure goes down and most surprising the Thais become more open to what you are saying and even more helpful! Call it insincere but it works for me.

• Like 2

As the saying goes...........You can tell the size of a man,..........by the size of the things that upset him. thumbsup.gif

As frustrating as it can be at times, I have also learnt to just chill-out whenever a situation would call for a dummy-spit, not easy but a little while after the situation I fell better for keeping the dummy in. smile.png

Granted I have seen these kinds of things as well, but I have also seen thais snap over nothing too. I once saw a foreigner beaten in the head with iron bars by 3 people who jumped out of nowhere when the foreigner knocked over a glass and politely argued that it was not his fault.

So don't just make this about westerners.

• Like 2

I feel irritated when tootling along on my Honda Wave in the left hand lane, only to be forced to break quickly when a car scorches past, cuting across to either park or turn left.

Why bother overtaking me is my thought?

Still, I mutter 'khwai' and feel better.

Years ago I saw an Australian family with a small cute 2 year old eating in a restaurant. The Thai waitresses were doting over the child, feeding her with sweets

Suddenly the father just lost it,' I've told you before, don't give her sweets, she won't eat her dinner!', he raged. The atmosphere changed from smiles, cooing and murmuring to frowns and silence.

The waitresses just thought they were being nice, the expression 'to be killed by kindness' had no meaning for them! A clash of cultures.

• Like 1

I had a Thai guy having a massive fit at me because I was doing my nails in the bus.

the shouting and violence was unbelievable

I've cut my nails a few times on the bus,(on the way to teach in an office), no comments so far!

Its not as if there is anything here to frustrate the <deleted> out of anyone.

But I've made a mental note not to loose my rag lest some other foreigner objects to me doing so.

Maybe I'll learn to internalise everything per the local custom and then blow my top big time - I'll put it down to the Thai way.

Actually,

This is what probably does happen to the guys who snap over little things, they have held in frustration for aperiod of time. They get 2 straws with the bottle of water they bought and just let it all out at once.

• Like 1

I had a Thai guy having a massive fit at me because I was doing my nails in the bus.

I've cut my nails a few times on the bus,(on the way to teach in an office), no comments so far!

here we go again

the apologist brigade

yeah the topic is fits and fits are by definition overblowned reactions

did i say this is what happen when you do your nails???

If doing your nails includes putting or removing paint I'd be upset too, it smells toxic and I'd flip out if forced to be stuck in a bus with it

• Like 1

If doing your nails includes putting or removing paint I'd be upset too, it smells toxic and I'd flip out if forced to be stuck in a bus with it

upset to the point of shouting with hatred still 15 minutes after I stopped ?

• Like 1

do you scream at your wife for 15 minutes when she paints her nails?

Seen expats fighting over freelancers at several clubs. Unbelieveable !! Why one of them couldn't just come back the next night and take his turn then is beyond me.

Yeah, that one has always befuddled me! It is like they have bought their Aussie/American/English Bar/Pub attitude with them. If you are desperate for that particular one (and in my experience waiting for another fit Thai girl is as simple as closing your eyes and counting to 10, so I don't know why you would) then get back early the next day.

upset to the point of shouting with hatred still 15 minutes after I stopped ?

I quite like the smell actually so wouldn't bother me. Guess the lad was jealous because your nails looked a lot better than his one or two very long nails he doubtless had (for fashion and to cat scrape someone in a school tiff). I bet no one came to your aid either. Makes no difference you are a female here, you are farang first and foremost and you are therefore in the wrong. Just feel lucky that you were not a male; all the other Thais would have laid into you as well then.

Seen expats fighting over freelancers at several clubs. Unbelieveable !! Why one of them couldn't just come back the next night and take his turn then is beyond me.

Yeah, that one has always befuddled me! It is like they have bought their Aussie/American/English Bar/Pub attitude with them. If you are desperate for that particular one (and in my experience waiting for another fit Thai girl is as simple as closing your eyes and counting to 10, so I don't know why you would) then get back early the next day.

Because they might not realise they are on the game and therefore being predatory about their prized catch.

Yeah, that one has always befuddled me! It is like they have bought their Aussie/American/English Bar/Pub attitude with them. so I don't know why you would) then get back early the next day.

It's a club made for farang guys with farang booze where staff speak English

Do you really expect them to behave like thai?

Yeah, that one has always befuddled me! It is like they have bought their Aussie/American/English Bar/Pub attitude with them. so I don't know why you would) then get back early the next day.

It's a club made for farang guys with farang booze where staff speak English

Do you really expect them to behave like thai?

Of course not, farangs are not allowed to carry firearms here.

A thai guy gave his wife a black eye last week in the village bar when she told him he'd had enough to drink.

That swing came from out of the blue and he got up shouting and swearing.

Calmed down soon enough when he staggered off though.

Next day wifey heard the wife had stabbed her husband, luckily for him only in the arm probably as this time she was the one who was drunk.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

do you scream at your wife for 15 minutes when she paints her nails?

No, but she does it someplace so that other people don't have to inhale the toxic fumes from the paint and polish remover. The guy yelling for 15 minutes went too far but I understand why he was angry. Maybe you are used to the smell but a lot of people find it horrible, and on a bus you are forcing everyone to breath it and they can't get away.

Opposite Seacon square a woman sitting on the side of the road using an android phone, her bf arrives takes the phone off her hands and slap her in the face.blink.png

And still Thai guys have a hard time understanding why some women here prefer Farang partners... amazing...

• Like 1

here we go again

the apologist brigade

Calm down, you might have one of these fits this thread is about.

Could you describe the 'unbelievable violence' you endured on the bus?

here we go again

the apologist brigade

I reckon you could start an argument in an empty room anelaine. biggrin.png

No offence intended of course! tongue.png

here we go again

the apologist brigade

Calm down, you might have one of these fits this thread is about.

Could you describe the 'unbelievable violence' you endured on the bus?

I think she is already having one and it does fit the topic so I see no problem rolleyes.gif

here we go again

the apologist brigade

I reckon you could start an argument in an empty room anelaine. biggrin.png

No offence intended of course! tongue.png

my name is aneliane

I have been told that but with my self, in an empty convent and every time the argument never took place

I feel like crying rather more than anything

crying at this inane way of communication