Wireless Internet/Monile Phone Hotspot/Pak Chong

pgrin

I'm going to be in the Pak Chong area for a month. When I lived in Thailand I used the CAT Aircard in Phuket with good results. This time I would like to use my mobile phone to create a WIFI hotspot for mine and my wife's computer. What SIM card would work best for this? I would like 1 month unlimited data with reasonable speed in this area. Thanks

P

When I was working up in Khao Yai last year I used a True air card and it worked good. Now when I'm up there and in Pak Chong I use my BB with an AIS unlimited promotion. It seems to work ok, but like anything else it could of course be better.

Since you know where you will be exactly you can review the various mobile broadband service provider's web-pages to get a feel for coverage. Obviously if you know someone in the immediate area you could ask what others are using.

TrueMove H or Cat My might be the most likely to have coverage, followed by TOT, then AIS and finally DTAC.

Do you know the exact make and model of your phone? This is required as different providers operate on different frequencies.