Red Shirts Reclaim 1932 Coup Anniversary To Advance Cause

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What majority? 14 million from 69 million does not make a majority. 48% (ptp) against 34% (dems) of voters does not make a majority.

The Thais got what they voted for.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

They? You mean the majority that voted for the current government? I didn't think you liked the result of having the the Thai people vote.

Could you please stop it with the 'majority' BS!? If there were 30,000,000 eligible voters and the government got 15,000,001 and the opposition got 14,999,999 votes, the former becomes the majority. Screw the other freaking 14,999,999 voters right? Seriously get out of here with that crap. In this case the Democrats got 11,433,762 votes in 2010. That's a hefty amount of people don't you think?! They have every right to voice their opinion and rely on the opposition to do their job without inciting violence unlike the Red Shirts. Tell me, within the last year of Yingluck governance, have the Democrats called on violence even once!?

I'm Thai, my family is Thai, I have friends that are Thai and being told "ohh why don't you just let the government do its job and bring Thaksin back" by people who burned the freaking city I was born in is damning. How would they like it if we go burn their crops and farms for politically motivated reasons.

Now that the PTP is the government <deleted> do they need to rely on holding mass rallies to disrupt traffic and further cause intimidation? What the hell is the point of even having MPs elected if they can just have mob rule? I should take a chill pill but seriously, this is getting out of hand especially now on the other thread about Justice Ministry wanting to grant 26 million of tax payers money to bail out arsonists? These people are criminals! If they have the violent mentality to set aflame and rob malls, what other criminal activities might they do in the future!? Get the F out of here Red Shirts and this stupid government.

I guess we should agree on our terms. The current government and its coalition partners represent the majority of voters participating in the last election? Yes or No? There was no other party in the last election getting more votes? Yes or No?

They? You mean the majority that voted for the current government? I didn't think you liked the result of having the the Thai people vote.

Could you please stop it with the 'majority' BS!? If there were 30,000,000 eligible voters and the government got 15,000,001 and the opposition got 14,999,999 votes, the former becomes the majority. Screw the other freaking 14,999,999 voters right? Seriously get out of here with that crap. In this case the Democrats got 11,433,762 votes in 2010. That's a hefty amount of people don't you think?! They have every right to voice their opinion and rely on the opposition to do their job without inciting violence unlike the Red Shirts. Tell me, within the last year of Yingluck governance, have the Democrats called on violence even once!?

I'm Thai, my family is Thai, I have friends that are Thai and being told "ohh why don't you just let the government do its job and bring Thaksin back" by people who burned the freaking city I was born in is damning. How would they like it if we go burn their crops and farms for politically motivated reasons.

Now that the PTP is the government <deleted> do they need to rely on holding mass rallies to disrupt traffic and further cause intimidation? What the hell is the point of even having MPs elected if they can just have mob rule? I should take a chill pill but seriously, this is getting out of hand especially now on the other thread about Justice Ministry wanting to grant 26 million of tax payers money to bail out arsonists? These people are criminals! If they have the violent mentality to set aflame and rob malls, what other criminal activities might they do in the future!? Get the F out of here Red Shirts and this stupid government.

I guess we should agree on our terms. The current government and its coalition partners represent the majority of voters participating in the last election? Yes or No? There was no other party in the last election getting more votes? Yes or No?

Don't waste your time with these guys . People who worship an absolute monarchy simply cannot grasp the true concept of what democracy is.

Is that your reasoning? So if the village chief rapes your wife and has more people to vote for not being guilty, you'd let it go and forget about all the other minor stuff like morals, laws, etc? All that matters is numbers to you right? You're too blind.

Here, another example. Some armed robbers made camp in your village, just sitting there burning cow manure, dancing, screaming for the hell of it. The cops came and said "ok look, get out of here... or it's gonna get ugly" to which one of the armed men said "F, you.." and shoots. Now there's mayhem in your once peaceful village and one of your relatives gets shot. You don't know who did it because as Suthep would put it "they walked into the bullets".

By your reasoning, you'd blame the cops right for coming and confronting to the armed men to stop burning sh*t in the village. If the cops never came, noone would've died right?

Don't waste your time with these guys . People who worship an absolute monarchy simply cannot grasp the true concept of what democracy is.

Worship an absolute monarchy? HAHAH right! I've never lived in an absolute monarchy. What if I told you I was raised in New York city and despite background scams going on, enjoy the peaceful democracy. I don't see color coded politics, I don't see Republicans asking their supporters to lay siege to the cities, I don't get scared and intimidated when I see a mob of people who wear red shirts.

Go back to the absolute monarchy that you've experienced and crawl back into bed please.

• Like 2

35.5M votes cast (valid/invalid, 75% of registered voters), PT 15.7M votes, with coalition partners about 18.5M votes for the government, slightly more than half.

So, understanding democracy, that means the opposition should shut up and even be eradicated ermm.gifblink.png

I guess if you don't want a democracy and free elections that is of course your choice. If you do want a democracy and free elections you have to live with the results of the rule of the majority. Free elections, rule of law and freedom of the press. Thailand has never had any of these things.

• Like 1

35.5M votes cast (valid/invalid, 75% of registered voters), PT 15.7M votes, with coalition partners about 18.5M votes for the government, slightly more than half.

So, understanding democracy, that means the opposition should shut up and even be eradicated ermm.gifblink.png

Just name another country in this universe which has had as many military coups as Thailand had since the abolition of absolute monarchy.

None whatsoever, nill, zero, ...

Military coups are the absolute annihilation of a democracy .

Why is it so difficult for you sycophants to understand ?

Just name another country in this universe which has had as many military coups as Thailand had since the abolition of absolute monarchy.

So, that's why Chulalongkorn University historian Asst Prof Suthachai Yimprasert, himself a red shirt, wants June 24th back as National Day, to celebrate the coup which moved power from the King to some people, thereby absolutely annihilating democracy. Now that makes sense blink.png

So, that's why Chulalongkorn University historian Asst Prof Suthachai Yimprasert, himself a red shirt, wants June 24th back as National Day, to celebrate the coup which moved power from the King to some people, thereby absolutely annihilating democracy. Now that makes sense blink.png

Before 1932 there was a democracy in Thailand? Please? Perhaps I am not understand you.

Richard E. Grant is from Swaziland and he's really cool. So I guess that sinks your absolute monarchy being all bad theory.

Next.

What are you advocating please?

Nothing dear I'm just another loyal redshirt like you. Power to the people !

I guess if you don't want a democracy and free elections that is of course your choice. If you do want a democracy and free elections you have to live with the results of the rule of the majority. Free elections, rule of law and freedom of the press. Thailand has never had any of these things.

I agree with you about free elections, rule of law and freedom of the press. I'd like to point out that majority of the Thai people don't have a problem with those things either but there are some things wrong with the government and the Red Shirt movement.

The government is choosing the benefits of a few (or one man) over the majority. They perhaps could've gone ahead with the charter amendments if they didn't include the whitewashing bit. Sacrifices had to be made and I actually don't mind compensating family members of peaceful protesters and by-standers. But what does whitewashing corruption of politicians have to do with Reconciliation? Nothing. The government can pass whatever laws they want but it is the duty of the opposition to check upon it in the legislature. They have to represent their own voters as I've been repeating myself.

The Red-shirts have gotten the idea of democracy mixed up with mob rule. They have to know that they can't use intimidation to win everything in a democracy, that's why you elect representatives to voice your concerns and not take to the streets every time something doesn't go their way ie: Red shirt leaders will gather a mob to eradicate the Democrats. This whole coup thing is being milked by the Red-shirt leaders and the government. It's like a trigger word that arouses people's emotion, negating logical reasoning to step back and look at the big picture.

• Like 1

Before 1932 there was a democracy in Thailand? Please? Perhaps I am not understand you.

Ask TheCure who wrote "Military coups are the absolute annihilation of a democracy".

Richard E. Grant is from Swaziland and he's really cool. So I guess that sinks your absolute monarchy being all bad theory.

Next.

Yunia I have been polite and a gentleman and asked a reasonable question, why would you answer in such a manner?

Ask TheCure who wrote "Military coups are the absolute annihilation of a democracy".

TheCure was stating a general non time specific fact. You were being time specific to 1932 that is why I asked you. I was polite in my question please do me the courtesy of being polite in your answer.

Next.

Yunia I have been polite and a gentleman and asked a reasonable question, why would you answer in such a manner?

Sorry I was joking and also I don't understand your question. Also "dear" is a term of affection and kindness.

I originally made what I thought was a passing joke about Swaziland, Richard E Grant, and how him being from there and him being like super-cool, makes it okay if they are a bit 12th century and stuff. The joke was actually funnier before I explained it.

But rest assured, if I had the honour to vote in Thailand, I would vote for PTP every time. They are manly, suave, even dashing, and they remind me of Clark Gable in his prime. Down with the coupist elites!

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

I agree with you about free elections, rule of law and freedom of the press. I'd like to point out that majority of the Thai people don't have a problem with those things either but there are some things wrong with the government and the Red Shirt movement.

The government is choosing the benefits of a few (or one man) over the majority. They perhaps could've gone ahead with the charter amendments if they didn't include the whitewashing bit. Sacrifices had to be made and I actually don't mind compensating family members of peaceful protesters and by-standers. But what does whitewashing corruption of politicians have to do with Reconciliation? Nothing. The government can pass whatever laws they want but it is the duty of the opposition to check upon it in the legislature. They have to represent their own voters as I've been repeating myself.

The Red-shirts have gotten the idea of democracy mixed up with mob rule. They have to know that they can't use intimidation to win everything in a democracy, that's why you elect representatives to voice your concerns and not take to the streets every time something doesn't go their way ie: Red shirt leaders will gather a mob to eradicate the Democrats. This whole coup thing is being milked by the Red-shirt leaders and the government. It's like a trigger word that arouses people's emotion, negating logical reasoning to step back and look at the big picture.

I was in Thailand fighting for Thailand when the American President LBJ was killing American soldiers because of his incompetence and poor management of the war. Many of my friends died so that his partners could make money from war profiteering. But I had no choice except to wait for the next election and vote him out of office. In the next election his party lost and the war was stopped by the next American President as was the will of the majority of the American people. Still in a democracy the majority rules and many of my friends died in Thailand because the LBJ was a bad President that is one if the problems with a democracy. Democracy is not perfect but it is the best political system in the world today.

I was in Thailand fighting for Thailand when the American President LBJ was killing American soldiers because of his incompetence and poor management of the war. Many of my friends died so that his partners could make money from war profiteering. But I had no choice except to wait for the next election and vote him out of office. In the next election his party lost and the war was stopped by the next American President as was the will of the majority of the American people. Still in a democracy the majority rules and many of my friends died in Thailand because the LBJ was a bad President that is one if the problems with a democracy. Democracy is not perfect but it is the best political system in the world today.

I suppose you were telling everyone that was protesting against that government and the war that they should shut up since LBJ was elected by the majority (at least he actually got a majority)

TheCure was stating a general non time specific fact. You were being time specific to 1932 that is why I asked you. I was polite in my question please do me the courtesy of being polite in your answer.

My dear chap, please explain why you deem my "Ask TheCure who wrote "Military coups are the absolute annihilation of a democracy"." impolite? I was brief and direct.. I didn't call you names, neither did I call anyone 'absolut monarchy lovers' nor 'sycophants' (like TheCure).

Furthermore if TheCure was stating a general non time specific fact, it suggests it applies to any coup, therefor also the 1932 coup being hailed by the red-shirts, or more precisely by the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship

I suppose you were telling everyone that was protesting against that government and the war that they should shut up since LBJ was elected by the majority (at least he actually got a majority)

1. I wasn't talking to you. 2. I was waiting for an answer from a Thai person. 3. I have never told anyone to shut up on Thai Visa. I am the polite one. I don't do that. 4. I am all in favor of non violent legal protest. 5. I am not in favor of coups, violence, or property destruction in any country for any reason.

• Like 2

Kerry. Why were you fighting for Thailand? Weren't you fighting for America against the Vietcong?

How did your friends die in Thailand surely they died in the fighting in Vietnam?

These questions are not meant to disrespect you or your friends. Just asking for facts.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

1. I wasn't talking to you. 2. I was waiting for an answer from a Thai person. 3. I have never told anyone to shut up on Thai Visa. I am the polite one. I don't do that. 4. I am all in favor of non violent legal protest. 5. I am not in favor of coups, violence, or property destruction in any country for any reason.

Re point 4 & 5 (except coups). Does that mean you're against the red-shirt's illegal violent protest and their property destruction?

Maybe you should also specify who is allowed to respond to your posts, otherwise people you're "not talking to" will respond.

Edited by whybother
  • Like 1

My dear chap, please explain why you deem my "Ask TheCure who wrote "Military coups are the absolute annihilation of a democracy"." impolite? I was brief and direct.. I didn't call you names, neither did I call anyone 'absolut monarchy lovers' nor 'sycophants' (like TheCure).

Furthermore if TheCure was stating a general non time specific fact, it suggests it applies to any coup, therefor also the 1932 coup being hailed by the red-shirts, or more precisely by the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship

I think it all goes back to your original statement rubl

"So, that's why Chulalongkorn University historian Asst Prof Suthachai Yimprasert, himself a red shirt, wants June 24th back as National Day, to celebrate the coup which moved power from the King to some people, thereby absolutely annihilating democracy.That makes sense."

Well it does make sense rubl, but not the way you put it. Before the '32 coup there was an absolute monarchy - not democratic, in any way, shape or form. After the '32 coup there was, a Constitutional Monarchy, the first step along the rocky road to full democracy, so something to be celebrated by the red shirts even though it took a coup to achieve it.

Does that make sense?

Edited by phiphidon