Looking For Replacement Engine For 94 Steed 400

droptune

I have a 400cc Honda Steed and I want to drop a brand new engine in it since the current one needs quite a bit of work and I am not sure a full rebuild at any of these shops would turn it out the smooth results I would expect. I see a lot of classifieds ads for Honda Steeds touting the bike having a new engine, so I am sure they are either selling them here or there is a way to import one. Does anyone know where I could order one?

Where are you droptune? I can ask around up here in Phitsanulok, they get a lot of components from BKK.

I am in Pattaya, but I am willing to have the motor shipped from another province if need be.

"new" and "brand new" are far from the same thing!

Yeah, I was hoping there was a way to buy a brand new motor, but a nice factory reconditioned motor would do as well. There are a few shops here in Pattaya that claim to work on big bikes that aren't Harleys, but I am gun shy to hand the engine over to one of them to completely rebuild. There is one shop on Thepprasit road that specializes in fixing and customizing japanese cruisers so I am going to go talk to them today if they have any idea, but my hopes aren't too high.

Not easy to find good mechanics but they are about. There is an American Guy who uses the Kronberg on Soi Diana who has a very good reputation with Harleys. Try going in there and talking to Bjarne, a Danish national who owns the place and he's a good bloke. A lot of Bikers use his bar and it a nice relaxing place for a beer and food. I will also ask around up here this evening.

Good Luck

Edited by aitch52

So I talked to the mechanic on Thepprasit (who by the way has some beautiful custom bkes, almost all are japan bikes too) about getting a new motor and he said no. He said we could get another motor but it would probably only be about 80% good. So it looks like my best bet is to have someone break the motor down and completely rebuild it.