Where To Buy Custom Mac Configuration (Preferable With Vat Refund)?

sb1983

Did anyone tried to buy custom mac configutation in Bangkok or Pattaya?

I want to buy Mac Mini with 2.7 i7 processor, 8Gb of memory and Engish full size keyboard.

On apple.com I found few shops and contacted this one http://www.eits.co.th/ They told me that they don't have tax refund and they can order custom configuration for me if I pay 10k THB in advance. Order will be delivered within 10-14 days which is not good since I'll visit Thailand only for 15 days.

There is a online order available here http://store.apple.com/th/configure/MC816TH/A? and they wrote that they would deliver within 3 days. Did anyone tried to order from this website? Do they really able to deliver in 3 days? I could ask my Thai friend to make an order since they accept only Thai and US credit cards.

Maybe anyone know some other options how to buy Mac?

Apple Store Thailand is delivering very swiftly. Normally their delivery time is less than advertised. Go for it!

Seconded. For custom configurations definitely the way to go in Thailand. Stores don't stock these - in the case of the Mac Mini, the i7 is a BTO option.

Just don't order on Thursday or Friday....wink.png !!!!...... or it will get held up, over the week end, by shipping company.... but delivery is fast & good, direct from the Mac Store... You can track the order online. It will start in Singapore or Hong Kong.

I use my Canadian Visa Card, so to say they only use US or Thai cards is not true.... a Russian neighbour of mine, used his Russian credit card to order mac here too .....

But you need to set up the Ship to address correctly even if the out of Thailand home address is different.

• 4 weeks later...

So, where can one buy a Macbook and claim the VAT refund?

I plan to buy a Macbook Pro, so the 7% VAT refund would save almost $200

Is it possible to claim it from the thailand apple online store? I seriously doubt it because of the documents required between seller and buyer.

Thanks

Why not just use the education online store. Probably about 7% cheaper (Ie same as VAT) than normal prices.

thanks for the tip, by the way, saved me over $200 on my retina MacBook Pro... yup, I am a student of life...