Slain Thai Nurse's Mum To Talk To ICC Lawyer: The Hague

webfact

All Abhisit's and Suthep's fault right. There's CLEAR evidence that the Red Shirt leaders incited violence and called for people to arm themselves and burn the city. Nope, no blame on them. People being injured from RPG attacks and crossfire but not one single blame on those Red Shirt eh? Go to hell, greedy lady, keep being a tool.

who are you telling to go to hell?

the mother of the slain nurse???

i've struggled to read through this thread with its posts that read like indoctrinated religious ramblings, but this one wins the prize for worst post of the the thread.

edit: i guess you were talking about thida, who doesn't really come in to the article at all.

wasn't very clear who were on about...but my mistake whistling.gif

guess i win the prize for worst post laugh.png

(actually don't think that's possible in this thread!)

No, he wasn't talking about Thida.

Struggle on.

so since there's only two women mentioned in the article he had to be talking about the mother of the slain nurse, saying she should go to hell and calling her a tool.

and you feel obliged to come to his defence....

i think you and your buddy are the ones that need to struggle on because my conscience is clear on this one.

what a disgusting comment to make about a mother of a young nurse who was murdered.

No, I didn't "come to his defense"....

I was just pointing out where you were not understanding him.

His point is far to harshly worded, but not irrelevant either.

Just because a concept is not nice and sweet doesn't mean it is not to be looked at.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe that as Thailand is not a "States Party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court", similar to USA, Russia, China etc. any outcome, even if evidence becomes available on which to make a judgment, is in no way binding on Thailand. So basically it's all just a lot of political hot air and a waste of money.

No, I was just pointing out where you were not understanding him.

Just because a concept is not nice and sweet doesn't mean it is not to be looked at.

i thought i did understand him at first, then i thought, no he couldn't be that callous.

so i went back and read the article again, and thought to myself "phew" he wasn't saying what i thought he said, he had to have been talking about thida.

you weren't coming to his defence, yet here you are defending the premise of his point.

oh... and the 'struggle on' bit was just a little dig for good measure too i guess.

I believe that as Thailand is not a "States Party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court", similar to USA, Russia, China etc. any outcome, even if evidence becomes available on which to make a judgment, is in no way binding on Thailand. So basically it's all just a lot of political hot air and a waste of money.

The key part of Amsterdam’s submittal to the ICC is that Abhisit is a British citizen and therefore subject to the ICC jurisdiction.

TH

i thought i did understand him at first, then i thought, no he couldn't be that callous.

so i went back and read the article again, and thought to myself "phew" he wasn't saying what i thought he said, he had to have been talking about thida.

you weren't coming to his defence, yet here you are defending the premise of his point.

oh... and the 'struggle on' bit was just a little dig for good measure too i guess.

Again, I didn't defend how he said what he said,

I defend the idea of looking at the poor grieving woman being manipulated by others,

in other words, being used as a tool for their ends. Likely because she has

been convinced she has something to gain. Hardly unusual in these times.

Just like the guy who charged the Red Shirt lines with a few red friends

wielding machettes in 2008 under Samak and died for his trouble.

The Red Lawyers, (rings a bell) tried to use his wife to sue PAD/Government,

that got lots of political press, and has not been heard of since.

The nurses mother is being used as a political tool,

and apparently convinced she has something to gain.

Sorry if you think we shouldn't mention that because

her daughter died, and is being used as a political tool herself,

with no way of saying I don't wish that to be so.

Personally I think the weasels manipulating her deserve

much higher approbation than one angry forum poster being insensitive.

As to 'struggle on'; that was your phrase about struggling with the post.

If you take that as a dig, then you do, but it's not a flame by forum standards.

Edited by animatic

A very good point.

Somehow I don't see a Thaksin controlled government signing on, because that means all of them will ALSO be subject to that ICC agreement. But it makes political press to say they are filing thus and such... on the local level, for awhile.

• Like 1

Again, I didn't defend how he said what he said,

I defend the idea of looking at the poor woman being manipulated by others,

in other words being used as a tool to their ends. Likely because she has

been convinced she has something to gain. Hardly unusual in these times.

Just like the guy who charged the Red Shirt lines with a few red friends

wielding machettes in 2008 under Samak and died for his trouble.

The Red Lawyers, (rings a bell) tried to use him to sue PAD/Government,

that got lots of political press, and has not been heard of since.

She is being used as a political tool,

with no way of saying I don't wish that to be so.

Personally I think the weasels manipulating her deserve

much higher approbation than one angry forum poster being insensitive.

She is being used as a political tool,

with no way of saying I don't wish that to be so..

you know that wasn't my issue at all, my issue is calling her greedy and telling her to go to hell.

there's no need or justification.

saying she is being used is a fair enough argument to put forward.

The key part of Amsterdam’s submittal to the ICC is that Abhisit is a British citizen and therefore subject to the ICC jurisdiction.

TH

As I understand it Amsterdam is a turnip and root vegetables are not permitted to make representations to the ICC

By now 2012-06-29 02:55

So on the 25th lawyer Karun said to go to talk with the ICC, the talk was supposed to be on the 26th. Now on 29th no success story (yet). I'm I too impatient ?

By now 2012-06-29 02:55

So on the 25th lawyer Karun said to go to talk with the ICC, the talk was supposed to be on the 26th. Now on 29th no success story (yet). I'm I too impatient ?

The ever-reliable news source, law and public relations firm Amsterdam & Partners LLP, produced a press release on the 28th.

It mentions the efforts of academician Thongchai Winichakul, who "led the delegation" (but for some reason has not been previously mentioned in the OP or this thread), who was going to provide his unique perspective on the Bangkok occurrences from his strategic viewpoint 13,632 kilometers away.

There's no mention whatsoever of the nurse's mother's testimony, but it does conclude with the dynamic words of the firm's boss:

“The meetings held with the ICC were productive, and we will continue to comply with all normal protocol to move forward through the process,” said international lawyer Robert Amsterdam of Amsterdam & Partners LLP.

http://robertamsterdam.com/thailand/

p.s. rubl... again, it's not Karun, it's Karom.

as in something that hits something and bounces off.

wink.png

Karun is the pint-sized Kung <deleted> Master with a penchant for domestic violence against his wife.

Edited by Buchholz

Probably only ecause of a slight oversight, but the ICC webpage on 'situations and cases' only mentions:

"The OTP is currently conducting preliminary examinations in a number of situations including Afghanistan, Georgia, Guinea, Colombia, Honduras, Korea and Nigeria"

http://www.icc-cpi.i...ions and Cases/

The Robert A. webpage has "Dr. Winichakul emphasized the historical importance that the court could make in Thailand, where coups and violence against civilians by the military has occurred repeatedly throughout history."

A redefinition and broadening of scope for the ICC. By a professor of history, who can't be bothered by legal details I guess

BTW "historical importance that the court could make in Thailand" ?

Probably only ecause of a slight oversight, but the ICC webpage on 'situations and cases' only mentions:

"The OTP is currently conducting preliminary examinations in a number of situations including Afghanistan, Georgia, Guinea, Colombia, Honduras, Korea and Nigeria"

http://www.icc-cpi.i...ions and Cases/

The Robert A. webpage has "Dr. Winichakul emphasized the historical importance that the court could make in Thailand, where coups and violence against civilians by the military has occurred repeatedly throughout history."

A redefinition and broadening of scope for the ICC. By a professor of history, who can't be bothered by legal details I guess

BTW "historical importance that the court could make in Thailand" ?

War on drugs? Tak Bai?

We all know what an apostle of human rights Amsterdam is and Thailand is his speciality after all

In the ICC schedule it does say this for today.

H.E. Mr. Sunai Chulpongsatorn,

Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the House of Representatives

of the Kingdom of Thailand,

visits the Court

Ahhhh.... a visit from the unbiased, impartial Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the House of Representatives....

sunai10.png

The Indicted Red Shirt Leader Out On Bail Sunai Chulpongsatorn

Edited by Buchholz

I actually think this isn't such a bad idea. Have both sides plead their cases to a completely impartial judging panel. No pastry boxes allowed. No threats to reveal names and addresses of judges. No witness intimidation. No rentamob blockading the court. Some facts will never be known, such as who actually pulled the triggers on most of the deaths, but there are enough public statements from both sides to put a case together. The 2010 government's legal team could point to Thaksin's revolution calling speeches from 2009 and 2010, the pre- and during protest speeches of the red leaders in 2010 and the orchestrated acts of arson and attacks by black shirts. Robert Amsterdam could read out Thaksin's Wikipedia page.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1