National Football League Nfl American Football Returning To True Visions

grantbkk

Does anyone know the particulars surrounding today's announcement in the unnamed national newspaper reporting the return of NFL football to the True Visions lineup?

Very good news if it's true (no pun intended).

If it's for real I guess I'll withdraw my complaints with the Office of National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) and the Office of the Consumer Protection Board.

Found this news on the True Visions website:

TrueVisions, the leading sports broadcaster in Thailand, welcomes back the channel home to number one American games ASN following major demands from fans who love the exciting American games. These matches which will join TrueVisions’ with more crystal clear picture on High definition system existing wide array of sport content include NFL American football, NHL ice hockey, and NCAA college-level matches, among others. Fans in Thailand can stay tuned to these games starting July 1, 2012.

Ongard Prapakamol, Chief Commercial Officer at TrueVisions, revealed, “When speaking of the leader in broadcasting world class sports content as well as live matches, TrueVisions is recognized as number one. We broadcast the most popular soccer leagues such as English Premier League or Thai Premier League. We are always looking for more kinds of sports to bring to our viewers to cater to everyone’s interest. Recently, we have decided to welcome back ASN, the number one American games channel that will certainly please our Thai and non-Thai viewers.

This channel will be available by following package

Platinum package – on Truesport HD1 (122), TrueSport 3 (103) and ASN (113)

Gold package – on TrueSport 3 (103) can be upgrade the High definition channel by HD package

Gold lite package - ASN (113)

Apart from that, huge American football matches such as NFL and NCAA will also be available on our True Sports channels so that viewers in every package can enjoy our premium content, starting July 1, 2012.”

The highlight of the ASN channel, as confirmed by TrueVisions Chief Programming Officer Attaphon Na Bangxang, is its fame as one of the very first sport channels that broadcast in HD in Asia. Its premium content focuses on American games, led by NFL American football, the ultimate game loved by people around the world. It also features NHL ice hockey matches, one of the most watched sports in the US, and college-level sports NCAA which include American football and basketball.

NFL American football in 2012-2013 season will take 17 weeks from September to December, and the playoffs for the following year begin in January, building up to the final match Super Bowl between the champions from the East and the West in first week of February. Fans can watch at least 4 live games a week during the season, and every match in the playoffs up until the Super Bowl week. Highlights from each match will be recaptured on Total Access programme.

As for NHL or the National Hockey League, it is another extremely popular sport in the US, just like NHL American football, Major League baseball and NBA basketball matches.TrueVisions has the broadcasting rights for three years up until 2013-2014, and these exciting matches will be broadcast on ASN. NCAA or National Collegiate Athletic Association features American football and basketball, and these matches are where future superstars are spotted.

The fun doesn’t stop just there – many other sports are featured on this channel, such as Nascar, extreme sports, Cage Fighting Championship, Australian Football League, which is a cross between American football and rugby, and lacrosse, an up and coming sport originated from a tribal game played by Native Americans.

These world-class matches will be brought to the Thai viewers by the best platform TrueVisions, where all major sport contents are gathered such as Premier League, UEFA Champions League, NBA basketball, major golf tournaments, Grand Slam tennis, Volleyball World Grand Prix, motor sports like F1 and MotoGP, and Thai Premier League – the very best soccer league in Thailand.

Watch these finest matches on ASN, which is packed with the best games for true sports fans, starting July 1. For more information, call 0-2725-7000

This channel will be available by following package

Platinum package – on Truesport HD1 (122), TrueSport 3 (103) and ASN (113)

Gold package – on TrueSport 3 (103) can be upgrade the High definition channel by HD package

Does this mean they'll be rearranging ASN-HD to channel 122 (currently broadcasting other sports including soccer)?

If so then satellite HD users will no longer be able to watch soccer in HD and will instead get NFL football. (unless they also rearrange channel 120.

Certainly good news to have more choice on True.

Of course its possible that they are adding extra sports as insurance in case they lose The English Premier League after next season.

No,no that's the cynical view, True always consider the interests of their subscribers first. rolleyes.gif

Of course its possible that they are adding extra sports as insurance in case they lose The English Premier League after next season.

No,no that's the cynical view, True always consider the interests of their subscribers first. rolleyes.gif

I don't think the thousands of True's Thai customers would be happy at the EPL being replaced by NFL!

I don't think the thousands of True's Thai customers would be happy at the EPL being replaced by NFL!

Maybe True tested their demographic and found that most if their HD subscribers preferred non-soccer sports? That's just a guess but based on experience that none of my Thai friends give a hoot about high def sports, while my non-Thai friends are willing to pay the extra fee (myself included) to get HD programming - and would rather watch NFL/NHL than EPL.

I agree with you completely but it might happen if GMM outbid them. I would imagine a significant number of viewers, especially Thai, only take the Gold Package for the EPL, maybe would downgrade to Freeview if no EPL, just for the soaps.

I've got one better on you True Subscribers. This season I'm gonna be able to watch 4-5 NFL games per week. I'll get even MORE games if I decide to pay a bit extra

The games are going to be ON when I PREFER them to be on: Monday evenings, sometimes maybe Thursday evenings and ALL day Sunday!

Oh, and the game broadcasts will be LIVE, not tape-delayed.

Yes....I'm returning home to the US in 3 weeks after 6 consecutive missed NFL seasons! I am SO looking forward to becoming a football fan again!