Succesful Obtained 1 Year O Multi Entry As Pensioner At Antwerp Consulate Consulate

Today received my 1 year MULTIPLE entry non O on basis Pensioner , required 1250€ pension to prouve in total or combined with savings to become the total amount .

No ticket asked , pension letter statement asked , bank statement for the to combine amount, clap2.gif

Fee 130€

Edited by david555

wai.gif

Today received my 1 year MULTIPLE entry non O on basis Pensioner , required 1250€ pension to prouve in total or combined with savings to become the total amount .

No ticket asked , pension letter statement asked , bank statement for the to combine amount, clap2.gif

Fee 130€

laugh.png

A one year multi-entry Non immigrant O visa based on retirement pension?

Thank you for that report.

Would you mind answering a few questions, please?

1. What is your nationality....and is this visa possible for all EU citizens to obtain? Also could someone from the U.K. be given that same type of visa in Antwerp?

2. Was your pension a government pension or a private ( non-government) pension? And did the approval require that verification letter from whoever gives you the pension? Would a certified or notarised letter be necessary?

3. And finally, do you know if a non EU citizen....for example, one from the U.S.A....could also get that same visa ln Antwerp?

Sorry, to ask so many questions, but multi entry non immigrant O visas are becoming difficult to get these days,,,,and those people that want them are eager to know the details of where they can be obtained and exactly what was needed there to get one sucessfully.

biggrin.png

Edited by IMA_FARANG

wai.gif

Fee 130€

laugh.png

1. What is your nationality....and is this visa possible for all EU citizens to obtain? Also could someone from the U.K. be given that same type of visa in Antwerp?

2. Was your pension a government pension or a private ( non-government) pension? And did the approval require that verification letter from whoever gives you the pension? Would a certified or notarised letter be necessary?

3. And finally, do you know if a non EU citizen....for example, one from the U.S.A....could also get that same visa ln Antwerp?

Sorry, to ask so many questions, but multi entry non immigrant O visas are becoming difficult to get these days,,,,and those people that want them are eager to know the details of where they can be obtained and exactly what was needed there to get one sucessfully.

biggrin.png

My nationality is Belgium, my pension is govermental pension , i think all nationalitys can apply wherever consulate as they mansion different requirements for example india and others.

BUT i must remark that in UK Hull consulate only request 900¨£ for income Pensionar !!

You must also be 50 years or older

I showed my official request aplication for demand pension , showed my former pension declaration for tax letter as proof last year, and letter stating monthly pension amount as now

And for the missing amount i showed bank statement wich i let stamped and signing by the bank responsible person .

I think you only have to prouve with documents your financial situation in English or local Dutch or French as languages accepted

in attachement THE Hull consulate documentation , just scrol down to NON O visas , i think would be moreapropriate as you seems to be a UK citizen

• 2 weeks later...

wai.gif

Fee 130€

laugh.png

biggrin.png

My nationality is Belgium, my pension is govermental pension , i think all nationalitys can apply wherever consulate as they mansion different requirements for example india and others.

BUT i must remark that in UK Hull consulate only request 900¨£ for income Pensionar !!

You must also be 50 years or older

I showed my official request aplication for demand pension , showed my former pension declaration for tax letter as proof last year, and letter stating monthly pension amount as now

And for the missing amount i showed bank statement wich i let stamped and signing by the bank responsible person .

I think you only have to prouve with documents your financial situation in English or local Dutch or French as languages accepted

in attachement THE Hull consulate documentation , just scrol down to NON O visas , i think would be moreapropriate as you seems to be a UK citizen

UPDATED ? HIGHER INCOME NEEDED FOR NON O 's !!!

Hull does not require a higher income than Antwerp, nor vice versa. It is THB 65,000 per month or the equivalent in local currency, the amount in local currency depending on the exchange rate used by the consulate.

just received my 1 year non O multiple as pensioner on basis 1250 € same as stated on Consulate Amsterdam website ( i checked Amsterdam just now ), but i was warned that they would higher it in future ...date for my visa issue 22 june 2012 , i used combination pension and savings .

Unles VERY recently they highered it !

LINK Amsterdam so you can see yourself ;

http://www.thaiconsu...-amsterdam.org/i

regards

PS : my bangkok ban currency convertot gives me 58,152.00 bht for 1200£ not 65000 bht

Edited by david555

Hull does not require a higher income than Antwerp, nor vice versa. It is THB 65,000 per month or the equivalent in local currency, the amount in local currency depending on the exchange rate used by the consulate.

I suspect more than a few readers would love to know how they can get 65k baht for 900 UK Pounds.biggrin.png

I suspect more than a few readers would love to know how they can get 65k baht for 900 UK Pounds.biggrin.png

i think the confusion is that the old pdf ( few months from thaivisa. com ) is not correct anymore , so i updated it with the new from hull website who stated 1200 £ wich is not 65000 bht , but as i been warned by Antwerp consulate they would change in future the 1250 € who is also not 65000 BHT !!

In Belgium the goverment pension for a single worker (NOT State Employed workers) is around Max netto 1550 € if married and no pension on wife own name , + 25% as family pension )

THIS is the latest one who replaces the 900£ one

Edited by david555

Thank you, david555, for posting the link to the web page of the Thai consulate in Hull showing the current financial requirement for the non-O visa for travel to Thailand for the purpose of retirement.

For those who are wondering how the Thai consulates arrive at their exchange rates, here is my speculation on it. There are two rates we are talking about:

1. The exchange rate used for fees of consular services, including visas

2. The exchange rate for financial requirements to qualify for certain categories of visa

The rate for consular services is the more crucial one of the two for the consulates and I presume that this gets adjusted more frequently than the other one. I would assume that the Thai embassy in a given country takes the initiative and asks the MFA for permission to use a new rate and once approved, all other consulates in the country must use the same rate.

The rate for the financial requirements for some visa categories seems to get adjusted less frequently. I believe the rate for the GBP was over THB 70 at one point within the past five years, which might explain the previous requirement of GBP 900 for THB 65,000. Whether the adjustment of this rate is also synchronised for all consulates within a country I do not know, but it would make sense if it were.

Thank you, david555, for posting the link to the web page of the Thai consulate in Hull showing the current financial requirement for the non-O visa for travel to Thailand for the purpose of retirement.

For those who are wondering how the Thai consulates arrive at their exchange rates, here is my speculation on it. There are two rates we are talking about:

1. The exchange rate used for fees of consular services, including visas

2. The exchange rate for financial requirements to qualify for certain categories of visa

The rate for consular services is the more crucial one of the two for the consulates and I presume that this gets adjusted more frequently than the other one. I would assume that the Thai embassy in a given country takes the initiative and asks the MFA for permission to use a new rate and once approved, all other consulates in the country must use the same rate.

The rate for the financial requirements for some visa categories seems to get adjusted less frequently. I believe the rate for the GBP was over THB 70 at one point within the past five years, which might explain the previous requirement of GBP 900 for THB 65,000. Whether the adjustment of this rate is also synchronised for all consulates within a country I do not know, but it would make sense if it were.

My point was only that the required sum in Hull and conditions recently changed again , and that even in Antwerp Cons. they gave me on 1250€ basis (combi pension & savings) the Non O 1 year multy , but warned they would in future higher the sum asked ..., Amsterdam & antwerp followed the same line for the amount , Hull in past not , so is same as here around Thailand , different rules , different sums , different people who makes them ...whistling.gif

I only refered to sums , not to exchange rates , only to prouve they never based them on the inside Thailand rule like for the extension for pensioners (800 000 /400000 OR 65000/income or combination)

If really they go base them on that , than i think no reason anymore to fly home country's

I really start seeing the phrase " AMAZING Thailand " with an deep inside smile giggle.gif