Extra Large Helmet?

impulse

Apologies for the rookie question.

Is there any place to find an extra large motorcycle helmet in Bangkok?

Or any particular brands I should look for that make helmets for fat-headed people?

I haven't looked much, but every one I have tried on has been too tight for comfort. I'm really hoping I don't have to look for hours or days to find one that fits.

Edit: I should perhaps add that I don't want to spend more for the helmet than I spent on my second hand scooter.

Edited by impulse

I got a Shark (our bike forum sponsor) D tone hologram in XXL as I am hat size 63 and thai helmets are about as much of a fit as a beer coaster for me, fits great, maybe could have even gone an XL as it has loosened up a little and now very comfortable, but if you like a tight fit the XL may be ok.

Index also makes XXL helmets, not that much Thai motorcycle shops stock them, but they're manufactured. I'm sure that other Thai motorcycle helmet manufacturer make XXL helmets.

Of course a Shark helmet is a good choice, actually if it wasn't for a Shark helmet I probably was not here

Index also makes XXL helmets, not that much Thai motorcycle shops stock them, but they're manufactured. I'm sure that other Thai motorcycle helmet manufacturer make XXL helmets.

Of course a Shark helmet is a good choice, actually if it wasn't for a Shark helmet I probably was not here

Before the shark, I had Index's largest helmet (the ultra Boof) and it still was too small, the front of the foam left a dint in my forehead everytime I wore it, even after compressing the foam about 5mm still too small.

be careful a good helmet with the right size has to be very tight or if you do an accident, the helmet turns with your head inside which is pretty dangerous more than not wearing a helmet.

Just shake your head and if the helmet is moving left and right or up and down, it is not the right size.

Besides, the cushion is tight at the beginning but it gets softer later on.

Good info all, Thanks!

Okay, I gotta ask- What's a Shark helmet cost? And where can I try one on before forking over the $$$?

I looked at some other mail order helmets from Thailand and they literally were more than I paid for the scooter.