Airport To Hua Hin

gazza99

Yeah, it's about 2,000. You could save one or two pennies by walking across to the railway station and getting a taxi there, but not worth the extra effort IMO. I think a flight to Hua Hin is about 2500-3000. Minibuses go from Victory Monument in town for a few hundred but not sure what time the last one leaves. At the end of the day, if you need to get there fast and in comfort, take a taxi. :o

I need to get from the Int Airport to Hua Hin (plane arrives at 18.50). I notice in previous threads that a taxi would cost around 1,800 - 2,000 Bht. Is this rate still about right? Any other suggestions?

i did the journey by bus from the Southern Bus Terminal last year - cost about 100 Baht and took 4 hours.

Had plenty of touts in the Airport Arrivals hall offering to take me for 2000 Baht, so if you are arriving that late in the day then taxi is best. Its not a bad price for a 2 hour road trip !

Ian

Should I deal with the touts or go straight to the taxi rank?

good question - at least with the taxi rank you will have someone to complain to if it all goes wrong !

might be an idea to get a quote to Hua Hin at the taxi rank first - if you get a decent price then i would suggest taking it. i've never tried the touts before - never sure about them but i guess there are good deals to be had there.

Anyone else tried the taxi rank for long trips ?

I have done many long trips (Pattaya etc) by sitting in a taxi taking me to a bus station, only for the driver to offer to take me all the way and then we negotiate a price. This works well as the driver gets an "off the record" booking that the taxi rank doesn't know about and you get a good deal.

if it was me i would take this approach - maybe at a taxi rank away from the airport - a bus station or the airport train station.

Well good luck - i don't suppose i've been much help !

Ian