Enforce Law About Nominees?

I cant find this on the forum?from bangkok post today.I dont know if i can put a link?I do it any way and if can not then remove it

Bangkok post today under business/economics/property

Link Removed

Just take one thing from the articel:

BKK Post Quote removed, sorry

hmmm that would be bad for many people.

Edited by Crossy
Link to and quote from Bangkok Post removed per forum rules

It's not a question of "if" they introduce some law like this, it's a question of "when".

Thai people do not want non-Thai people owning Thai land. Discuss.

(Or "discuss if you like". I doubt that discussion will make a scrap of difference in the long run.)

This should make all real estate company that tell there customer its ok to buy in company litle bit more careful about this kind of bad advice,or would they?.

"Ombudsman Siracha Charoenpanij said the new law would comprise punishment for companies offering advice to foreigners on how to hold Thai property by disguising their legal transaction. This would include law firms and consultants"

And enter ASEAN...or not. Looks like the basic delaying tactics, but who knows, maybe Thailand will implode and it's destination Myanmar. The show is so old it has stopped being entertaining a long time ago.

• Like 1

I cant find this on the forum?from bangkok post today.I dont know if i can put a link?I do it any way and if can not then remove it

Both linking to and quoting articles from Bangkok Post are against Thai Visa forum rules (by request of Bangkok Post).

Sophon

I read this yesterday and i must say this smacks very much of "yes we want your money but we don't really want to give you anything in return" nothing new in that respect.

If they want to outlaw company ownership, fine, do it definitively once and for all, but offer a real solution.. 99 Year leases would

be a good start.

They have no idea how much damage their reluctance to change will create, with places like Cambodia and Myanmar starting to open up to Foreigners and Foreign business' if Thailand does not "get with the program" inward investment to this country in this sector will rapidly become a thing of the past!!

"Ombudsman Siracha Charoenpanij said the new law would comprise punishment for companies offering advice to foreigners on how to hold Thai property by disguising their legal transaction. This would include law firms and consultants"

I wonder if this would also apply to Land Department officers that demand hefty "fees" to process such transactions?

]If they want to outlaw company ownership, fine, do it definitively once and for all, but offer a real solution.. 99 Year leases would

]be a good start.

99-year leases make obvious and perfect sense to me. Can't imagine why they don't have them already.

]If they want to outlaw company ownership, fine, do it definitively once and for all, but offer a real solution.. 99 Year leases would

]be a good start.

99-year leases make obvious and perfect sense to me. Can't imagine why they don't have them already.

24.gif

Because Thais don't wanting foreigners owning land, it's as simple as that, not even for 99 years,being as its their land it's there perogative,a nothings going to change for a long time so stop bleating about it .

• Like 1

]be a good start.

Because Thais don't wanting foreigners owning land, it's as simple as that, not even for 99 years,being as its their land it's there perogative,a nothings going to change for a long time so stop bleating about it .

Maybe you should look up what the word "lease" actually means. It does not mean ownership. Not even close.

Besides which (even if leasing did mean ownership as you suggest, which it doesn't) legal 30-year leases already exist here so presumably you are suggesting that Thais have a special interpretation of ownership that lasts less than 30 years as opposed to ownership that lasts more than 30 years? Some Buddhist thing perhaps?

And whilst you're looking up what "lease" means, maybe you should check out "bleating" as well.

OK chaps, let's play nicely.

This is a potentially important development for those using nominee companies, it would be unfortunate to have to close the thread.

Still looking for alternative sources.