I'Ve Seen More Police Patrolling In Rawai In The Past Two Days...

Jimi007

I am guessing the big boys from Bangkok are still around getting the local Chalong BIB's out of their station and doing some actual patrolling. There was also a check point late this afternoon by the Soi Sai Yuan "Y" with some rather big bikes hiding around the corner.

End of the month. Quotas must be met.

Do you have any idea how many tourists need to be cited each month to in order to support just one mia noi?

The big bikes were the BIB? Or were they hiding to avoid the check?

• Like 1

Do you have any idea how many tourists need to be cited each month to in order to support just one mia noi?

The BIB's! I've never seen them with real bikes before. Maybe they were from BKK too.

My wife just told me that they were hitting bars and piss testing the punters.

She mentioned the Icon for sure and said they hit other bars last night.

I was near Chalong pier road tonight and didn't see any cops there.

Good, I hope they do something about that end.

• Like 1

1st and 15th of the month they are always out strong...1st is a monthly payday, and the 15th is divvy up of the service charge

Good, I hope they do something about that end.

Agreed. Icon is the root of many accidents, fights, and late night mayhem.

What is meant by the piss test, is that the stream flow, the distance, the arc and angle covered, the old tab butt hitting for control for accuracy, do the boys in blue just say "lob your knobs out boys", ah i bet it's for drugs, problem is there so moreish, i think the police do a fantastic job, thats the tourist, not the Thai, we all moan about the police, but whats a realistic solution and which governing body enforces it over and above the police themselves

The BIB's! I've never seen them with real bikes before. Maybe they were from BKK too.

Next question, were they chopper style or sport tourers? Not CB'r' 250's right? The BIB are/were getting some of those. Not very big, but I have seen some Honda Phantoms among the Phuket BIB's fleets too. The police in Phuket Town have at least a couple BMW r1200rt's that were donated by Barcelona BMW. You will see them parked at the Central Intersection quite often.

Did they look like this?:

accessories-new-ray-toy-motorcycle-bmw-r1200Rt-p-police-replica-black-white.jpg

Next question, were they chopper style or sport tourers? Not CB'r' 250's right? The BIB are/were getting some of those. Not very big, but I have seen some Honda Phantoms among the Phuket BIB's fleets too. The police in Phuket Town have at least a couple BMW r1200rt's that were donated by Barcelona BMW. You will see them parked at the Central Intersection quite often.

Did they look like this?:

One may have been a BMW, but it was all white. The other was a white rice rocket of some type. I was really looking very closely as I was riding by, trying not to get stopped.

Edited by Jimi007

What is meant by the piss test, is that the stream flow, the distance, the arc and angle covered, the old tab butt hitting for control for accuracy, do the boys in blue just say "lob your knobs out boys", ah i bet it's for drugs, problem is there so moreish, i think the police do a fantastic job, thats the tourist, not the Thai, we all moan about the police, but whats a realistic solution and which governing body enforces it over and above the police themselves

What an incredible sentence!

Edited by Old Croc

What an incredible sentence!

Thank you wai.gif

It's a song KB don’t get things twisted.

Yeah I agree both rather stupid, but beside that I wouldn’t sweat the Police patrolling Rawai too much.

It's actually a good thing in that area of Phuket.

As long as you’re not pulled over drunk I don't see much of a problem.

Also I would advise wearing your helmet. Gives them less reason to pull you over.

• Like 1