England Vs Australia Cricket Odis

7by7

Play to start at 17.30 UK time (11.30 Thai) 32 overs a side weather permitting but it's reasonably fair at the moment....at the moment....

I might pop down the pub and watch...a couple of pints of Bitter and Twisted sounds appealing...as does a drubbing for the Aussie backpackers in the hostel next door. smile.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Australia 145 for 7 from 32 overs.

England's innings restricted to 29 overs after some rain, leaving them a D/L target of 138. They achieve this in the 27th over for the loss of just 3 wickets.

Dear oh dear....not just the 4-0...but the manner of defeat....and the attitude of your players in the wet conditions...David...they should hang their heads don't you reckon?

I disagree ... the bit I saw on TV this morning the Aussies were competitive, in spirit, till the end.

But the 4 - 0 bit ... is more then embarrassing.

Dear oh dear....not just the 4-0...but the manner of defeat....and the attitude of your players in the wet conditions...David...they should hang their heads don't you reckon?

I disagree ... the bit I saw on TV this morning the Aussies were competitive, in spirit, till the end.

I was referring to them running off at the sight of rain and shivering in the cold.

Half the battle us psychological David...and your lads blew it.

People watching me bat have said my batting style reminds them of Geoffrey Boycott

Do you get run out a lot? biggrin.png

Be fair, I don't recall Boycs being run out much.

Can't say the same for his partners, though!

David, I'll remove the mask and cape and turn up in my street clothes.

I was referring to the legendary occasion when Botham took a team decion to deliberately run out Boycott because they desperately needed to push the score along as opposed to watching Geofrey mantain his batting average!

yes that was a good momment 5-0 would have been sweeter coming with the number 1 spot as well. Edited by marstons

I was referring to them running off at the sight of rain and shivering in the cold.

Half the battle us psychological David...and your lads blew it.

So you are saying they are a bunch of pussies? wink.png

Don't where else to put this ...

The One Day International tour to England has revealed the lack of depth and the inconsistency in Australian cricket.

Discussions by the Aussies here.

That links not working Dave but i get the point. What must be a concern is that a five day teast match will expose far more weaknesses.

If the normal weather conditions in England prevail for the ashes series the balls going to be swinging all over the track and it will be an absolute slaughter.

Interestingly, over the last few years i've gone from dreading the ashes to almost salivating at the prospect.

I wouldn't lower myself to do a McGrath whistling.gif but i don't think it will even be close. Best cancell it for two years and allow you lot home advantage.