Crb With Minor Conviction When Applying For Nib In Uk

Hi peeps my first post here and need a little help

My wife has been offered a good job at an international school in BKK. She has been a early years teacher in the uk for several years. We applied to the Thai consulate in Cardiff for her visa and submitted the documents from the school. The consulate have been really helpfully with the whole process. We had an email to say her NIB had been processed then yesterday they called up to say they had forgot to ask for the CRB. She obviously has an enhanced CRB because she works with children in the UK. These types of CRB shows every conviction no matter how old they are. my wife has two convictions, one in 1994 and another in 1999 for shoplifting. This is when she was (in her words) young and stupid. Since then she completed her degree and has been working in the uk with kids without any problems from the schools questioning her. So now the Thai consulate has asked for this we have sent it off and await Monday to see what happens.

I've read lots of posts on here about this topic but can't find any conclusion. Does anyone have experience in such a situation? We are really worried the NIB will be refused. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, my user name says Tubby, when it should be tibbsy, I need to turn off the spell correction on this dam iPad!!,!,

Cheers

Please try to use acronyms that are easy to understand. This Forum is used by people of mixed nationalities who would have problems knowing what you mean.

Am sure that a shop lifting incident is not going to affect her application, also it is over 10 years ago. Don't panic, on Monday everything will be okay.

On here most people use the short version Non Imm B instead of NIB

For the Criminal Record there really is no short version as far as I have seen.

Edited by beano2274