Thai Keyboard For Mbp

ragandboneman

Hi,

I bought a MacBookPro in England last year, which obviously has only an English character keyboard. Now that my Thai reading and writing ability has improved somewhat I am looking to get a decent Thai option to use with my MBP.

I have already installed the Thai virtual keyboard, but to be honest it's not the best. What are my other options, get the keyboard replaced whilst next in Bangkok, or buy a wired or wireless keyboard from some apple dealer in Thailand and use that.

Has anybody else been down this road and how did you achieve a decent outcome, has anybody had their english keyboard replaced with a Thai dual language one, if so what was the cost and where did you have it done.

Many thanks for any answers and suggestions.

Regards

I heard there are some stores that can laser engrave Thai characters on the existing keyboard.

If you are in Bangkok, it might be worth checking unlimitmac.com, they can do it for 900 thb but don't know how good it will turn out.

Edited by arkom

You can find Thai stickers at places like B2S. I'd definitely recommend going that route. I've been using them and they work fine, and I used them back when I was studying Russian too; no damage to the keyboard at all.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find stickers just how I wanted them here (transparent and light-colored text), so I ordered some from the US and shipped them here.

Changing the keyboard to Thai on the MBP unibody is a huge job and hugely expensive. Requires replacing the whole bottom casing more or less. Not much change from 10000THB. Forget it.

Thanks for the information, I didn't realise it would be that big of a job with associated cost, that idea is consigned to history already.

Just buy a bluetooth thai/en keyboard in any Apple resellers Store. Simple. http://store.apple.c...node=MTY1NDA1Mg

Ye, think that looks my best option, not too keen on the sticker route.

Thanks for all replies, much appreciated.