Galaxy S3 Stolen In Bangkok

TanmaySawant

Hello Friends,

I'm from Mumbai, India.I'm at a huge loss.

Please listen to my problem, from 23rd June-30th June(till morning), I was in Thailand.

On 29th June i was in Bangkok, and between 3:20-3:25pm my SAMSUNG GALAXY S III was robbed sad.png((.. I think it was robbed in or around the outside area of GEMS gallery near MBK Centre Bangkok.We requested the Gems Gallery authorities to view the CCTV but they were not willing.They were denying and then we lodged Police Complaint in bangkok but of no use.The 2 police came with us and they spoke with the gems gallery authorities in thai and then they went in 5mins without even telling.Very disappointed with this behaviour of the Police sad.png( the lady Police said that Samsung Thailand can trace it.We even called Samsung Mobile Thailand.But they were not understanding english sad.png so no use. And yes I had bought this Galaxy S III from Mumbai,India and It had indian aircel network microsim in it not any thai sim.I''ve the IMEI no. and original BILL too. Please tell me what i will have to do.And please can you guys try if Samsung Mobile thai can do anything to Trace it back.It was hardly 2 weeks old. Please see that you can do to trace it back!!!can you guys speak with Samsung Thailand please I need the Galaxy S III sad.png Guys need your help.This is the biggest Thai forum.Hope you guys help me.!!!

Edited by TanmaySawant

Download the "Plan B" app to your phone. Quite how you will retrieve it is another matter but this should be able to tell you where it is.

http://lifehacker.co...l-it-beforehand

I agree with Smokie - the tracking apps might locate your phone, but retrieving it will be next to impossible if you have already left Thailand. The Royal Thai Police usually require some "incentive" to get involved in these cases.

I am curious to know how the robbery happened- did you leave the phone unattended somewhere? Pickpocketed? your story might help other readers to be more careful with their valuable and highly desirable mobile devices. I wear mine on a neckstrap, and now wondering if this is as stupid as wearing a big gold chain in plain view.

Is this a joke of a thread? I mean reallyrolleyes.gif

I lost my phone, can all you people go look for it for me and get it back?whistling.gif

How exactly were you robbed in Gem factory? this factory has more security than the customersthumbsup.gif

How about you post the truth not that it makes any difference.

You took a freelancer from the street, bargained it down to almost nothing, got drugged and robbed.and now wondering why it happened to youblink.png

let me guess ..........

a pretty "lady" came up and hugged/kissed/groped you

and told you you are handsumm mann ....

soon afterwards you noticed the phone was missing ?

more like a sexy lady said" i go with you for 500 baht" he replied 100 baht and woke up the next day in an empty hotel room.

pretty lady's or ladyboys do not hang around gem factory'swai.gif

Smokie gave the most sensible advice.

You can register the Lookout Plan B software. You can do this from a pc and it will automatically install on the phone - provided the sim is still in the phone.

However, tracing will be tricky. It will identify a general location. Perhaps a building. But how do you work out who within the building has it....

Police....resource are limited. Even if u can tell them u traced it to certain place, chance of them allocating two policemen to go recover an item worth 20,000 baht?

We have to be realistic

One option is to report to your service provider..back in India. Give them the imie number. You won't get it back, but just means whoever stole it won't be able to use it

I don't know how that applies when overseas though

Cheers

Smokie gave the most sensible advice.

You can register the Lookout Plan B software. You can do this from a pc and it will automatically install on the phone - provided the sim is still in the phone.

However, tracing will be tricky. It will identify a general location. Perhaps a building. But how do you work out who within the building has it....

Police....resource are limited. Even if u can tell them u traced it to certain place, chance of them allocating two policemen to go recover an item worth 20,000 baht?

We have to be realistic

One option is to report to your service provider..back in India. Give them the imie number. You won't get it back, but just means whoever stole it won't be able to use it

I don't know how that applies when overseas though

Cheers

phones blocked by IMEI /network can still be usually be activated in another country

you can actually delete your imei or even change it if you know what your doing

I used to use TEKTRAK but they went bust. Locate the mobile / android, remote ring and wipe it clean before locking it. Have not been able to find a replacement software package that provides the same service as TEKTRAK.

You sound like a very honest gentleman, however to come on a forum and also trust the TV croud is just wrong.

Posted from my brand new very very cheap SAMSUNG GALAXY S III :)

Did you get it from a Tuk Tuk Driver parked outside MBK?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

(about me only for information not the same story a loss not a steal, last month I forgot my samsung mobile in the toilet of Swampy (Suvarnabhumi bkk airport), I was stupid I know because I had many little bags from shops with me, and I took all with me inside toilet, and only after 10 minutes, I remembered my error, and came back in toilet, I told the wooman who was cleaning but she did not know anything about anybody who could find it !

I was so sad sad.pngsick.gif , without hoping to recover my mobile, I went to lost+found desk in airport, I told the man about my mobile description, (and told him lost it about 20 minutes ago in toilets), and I could not believe it, he showed my little bag with my mobile inside ! I was so happy !)

So sometimes you can be very lucky like me, but I feel very sorry for you indeed.sad.png

Jay.

• Like 1

Hello Friends,

I'm from Mumbai, India.I'm at a huge loss.

Please listen to my problem, from 23rd June-30th June(till morning), I was in Thailand.

On 29th June i was in Bangkok, and between 3:20-3:25pm my SAMSUNG GALAXY S III was robbed sad.png((.. I think it was robbed in or around the outside area of GEMS gallery near MBK Centre Bangkok.We requested the Gems Gallery authorities to view the CCTV but they were not willing.They were denying and then we lodged Police Complaint in bangkok but of no use.The 2 police came with us and they spoke with the gems gallery authorities in thai and then they went in 5mins without even telling.Very disappointed with this behaviour of the Police sad.png( the lady Police said that Samsung Thailand can trace it.We even called Samsung Mobile Thailand.But they were not understanding english sad.png so no use. And yes I had bought this Galaxy S III from Mumbai,India and It had indian aircel network microsim in it not any thai sim.I''ve the IMEI no. and original BILL too. Please tell me what i will have to do.And please can you guys try if Samsung Mobile thai can do anything to Trace it back.It was hardly 2 weeks old. Please see that you can do to trace it back!!!can you guys speak with Samsung Thailand please I need the Galaxy S III sad.png Guys need your help.This is the biggest Thai forum.Hope you guys help me.!!!

Sorry my friend not a hope in hell of ever seeing it again ......

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Sorry about your phone. I would suggest checking to see if you have some kind of insurance that would cover it be it travel, home or credit card. If not, it is best you just forget about this and get another phone. Consider how the police would respond in Mumbai if the same happened to a Thai person visiting India and now has returned home to Thailand.

I understand this is a big pain for you but if you weren't actually "robbed" (physical threat used to steal phone) then this crime would be pretty minor in most major cities around the globe and add to the fact you are no longer in Thailand, it really becomes a much less desirable crime to pursue even if the police did have the resources. Even if they were to dedicate time and resources to this and found your phone, it would probably get lost again before it got shipped back to you.

Don't believe you will ever see your phone again. This is Thailand, land of corruption, thievery , and lies. They have probably already gone to the dishonest used phone market and sold it. Sad to say, but true. I am sorry you have had to go through this unfortunate event. Same in other countries, not just Thailand.

Don't believe you will ever see your phone again. This is Thailand, land of corruption, thievery , and lies. They have probably already gone to the dishonest used phone market and sold it. Sad to say, but true. I am sorry you have had to go through this unfortunate event. Same in other countries, not just Thailand.

Going to be good for "the morning after", when you cannot remember where the hell you left the phone as you crawled into bed when the sun was coming up. laugh.png

I'm not sure it can tell you whether its fallen down the back of the cooker or inside one of your shoes! laugh.png

1000s of people lose their phones every day. The police don't have the resources to look for lost mobile phones. If you have an expensive phone then you should insure it or look after it. If the police tried to find every lost/stolen phone then they wouldn't have time to do anything else. Forget about the lost phone and get a new one. Just think of it as an expensive lesson learned.

I lost my phone, can all you people go look for it for me and get it back?whistling.gif

How exactly were you robbed in Gem factory? this factory has more security than the customersthumbsup.gif

You took a freelancer from the street, bargained it down to almost nothing, got drugged and robbed.and now wondering why it happened to youblink.png

Thanks for sharing the story of what happened to you.

Thanks for sharing the story of what happened to you.

is there a point to your post?rolleyes.gif