New Canadian Passport

I have 3 pages left on my passport and still have to do an extension on my current tourist visa which will make 2 pages. I heard some countries require you to apply for a new passport from Hong Kong is it the same for Canadian passports, if not how long should it take? I tried searching at the Canadian embassy sites but couldn't find anything definitive.

hello i do my pasport in Bangkok at Canadian embassy i paid 5000 baht for 48 page or half price for 24 page take 2 weeks so just called 026360540 i think you need birth certificate last time they ask me so

hello i do my pasport in Bangkok at Canadian embassy i paid 5000 baht for 48 page or half price for 24 page take 2 weeks so just called 026360540 i think you need birth certificate last time they ask me so

Birth certificate, I hope you are kidding me.

You would think handing in the old passport would be okay.

The last time ( less than 5 years ago) I applied for my passport in Seoul.

Why couldn't they make our passports good for 10 years like the Americans.

I haven't seen my birth certificate in over 20 years.

What happened with me:

10-15 business days

Birth certificate, driver's licence, Social security card or other gov ID + passort

Garantor (bank manager, doctore ect...)

If you have time you can mail the old passport to embassy in BKK and they will Fedex you a new one, tried it and it works

They did not ask for my birth certificate, even though i had it with me, last year, when I did this in BKK....

But they are really fussy about your passport photo.... don't smile sad.png and must be white background....not blue, as my local shop insisted it should be!!!! rolleyes.gif There was another problem with photo too, (I forget now!!) by the third attempt she was happy! OMG!!!!

When you do your next visa run make sure to take both old and new passport with you.

Yes, a ten year passport would be good, UK does that too, in reality we only get 4.5 years....bah.gif

A few years back now, I had to get a friend to use a mailed key to get into my house, search through a filing cabinet and FedEx my birth certificate to me so I could get a new passport in Bangkok. No choice about that - they insisted.

And there were questions about the photo, something about the background and maybe it wouldn't be acceptable, but it seemed just on the line, so tried and it went through.

Not an easy process, but doable. And a ten year one would sure make it much easier, both in Bangkok and in Canada!

You need the birth certificate and if you do not have a guarantor in Thailand the Embassy will do it for you, 1,500 Bhat. The forms are beside the passport applications. 12 days and I received it at my door. You have the option of picking it up at the embassy or mailed to your home.

I did a renewal in Bangkok last year. They require 21 working days for delivery so that'll work out to 4-5 weeks from time of application

You'll need an original birth certificate, I got a new one from the registry in Alberta from this link.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/cert.aspx?lang=eng

Pick your province of birth and follow the link, It's all online and I got a new birth cert in about 4 weeks. I think you can pay extra for faster delivery

Complete application form is on this link

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/form/pdfs/pptc153.pdf

• 1 month later...