Anyone For Gold Detecting Next Week End?

The place will be around Tak province.( 420 km north of Bangkok ) Preferable those who'd like like to join should own Gold Metal detecting. ( If not , I have 2 spare machines but you have to give 50% of gold find wai.gif )

Also please take your own transportation in case you want to leave earlier as this trip probably last at least 5-6 days.

We will not camp there so the accommodation will be in Tak province where it's easier to find suitable B/F

lunch box and dinner in town. (new and clean small guest house around 350-500 Baht )

Should have camel back or bottle of water with you while detecting,

Photo0173.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Due to heavy rain in the area, we have to cancel trip for this week end.

Mai pen rai khap,

Read your post to late any way.

I'm in for a detecting get to gether. I own a Tesoro Lobo and a modded Mine lab GP 3500.

Swinging my coil in Chiang rai province now.

Let me know when you like to organize your next trip.

Regards,

Rimbuman

I have received messages regarding gold detecting so let me answer here for every one will get the idea.

Every metal detector will find gold no matter what.

The most important thing in gold detecting is ...luck.. Yes luck comes first , without luck . sorry no gold .

The second important is the place . If you use the most expensive detector in the place where there is no gold then it's useless. ( so I'll make sure to take you to the right place. )

The last and least is your detector or pan .

Ok so as long as you have a working metal detector then you can come along.

Currently there are many places up north , middle and south of Thailand where you will find your gold rolleyes.gif and some of you will find very old stuff ( probably over 1,000 years old )

fromcasio042.jpg

We usually stay in hotel during the trip as it's more convenient and safer for your gold. w00t.gif

The only place that we can do camping is the southernmost of Thailand ....Nara Thiwat as it is very safe.biggrin.png

We probably organize a trip in November as there is no rain ( except some place )

So those who really want to join please pm. me in advance and let me know where you from.

Paul

Edited by norad

Are you guys doing this for fun or can one find enough to make a living out of this ? Must be a strange sight to see a bunch of farangs swinging those long detectors in the wilderness.

PS Sorry, just noticed it is posted in the sports section.

Edited by saakura

If you do not already own a metal detector , please don't buy . Go and buy tennis racket instead as you will also get suntan burned and some sweat.

But if you have plenty of fund in a bank and missus won't complain much when you buy a $6,000.- walking stick, then go ahead , order the best gold detector from states.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by norad

Well if you have money to spend then buy the best ( $6,000 )as it can help you locate big deep nuggets . And if you buy the cheap one ( $700-$900 )then you will mostly find small nuggets on the surface. But the operating cost for both machine is the same ( travelling expense +meals +accommodations ). So in the long run, the expensive machine makes your family happy.biggrin.png

However , I forgot to tell you the con.....

once you find your first gold .......you will also get an incurable disease w00t.gif

it's call yellow fever ..crazy.gif

oops sorry they call ...gold fever.whistling.gif

So I'd suggest that you buy a tennis racket .

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by norad

I have found gold before, I understand the effects. I was hoping you might suggest a model (brand name) of a gold detector. but I will do some research and bring one back with me next time I make my way west.

Good luck and may your pan always bring up some color.

Is this for real? I mean so many Thais work as construction workers getting sun burned or carry heavy stuff or risk getting cuts. Why are they not all mining for gold? And gold is a known precious in Thailand. Unlike , say in parts of Africa, they do not know what a stone by the name of diamond is worth.

Is this for real? I mean so many Thais work as construction workers getting sun burned or carry heavy stuff or risk getting cuts. Why are they not all mining for gold? And gold is a known precious in Thailand. Unlike , say in parts of Africa, they do not know what a stone by the name of diamond is worth.

They are doing right now in some parts of Thailand .( sorry I can not disclose here )

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am a prospector. I have only been real prospecting in WA, and the first and most important thing is, its not luck, it has all to do with skills. Luck is finding 1 time a big nugget, but prospecting is being able to find consistend gold by using a very well organized system, like Research of the areas and being able to read the landscape while walking, and understanding the geology of it. Knowing what rocks to look for when you are out in the field.it, this will take you years to get it right.

this is not a thing you can do by standing up in the morning and reading this post and impulsively taking of for prospecting because you want to strike it rich.

Thailand of course is much more Easy then Wa since there you need huge 4x4 and a massive amounth of supplies to keep yourself going in the outback.

And the kind of detector/ tools you use count a lot. Not all detetcors find gold (most of then realy dont). and they specially dont work in real gold fields where the ground 90% of the time is way to hot (higly mineralised) also the conductivity of natural gold is very difficult for detectors to cope with. A simple detector wont penetrate deep, and if you do find any we talking about 0/10cm max on a normal nugget. Maybe in Thailand there is still so much alluvial gold that even with a crap detetcors you get a beep. but thats certainly not the case in Oz or USA goldfields.

I walk with a by woody fully modded gpx 5000 and have some serious coils with it, and they told me Norad that you walk with a by woody modded SD-2100, so yes you will find it ;-). and i have seen some nice pics of species and nuggets that you found allready, looks sweet.

If you ever like to try some real deep detecting Norad for big nuggets give me a call. But in my opinion, promoting gold prospecting on a forum like this, and by making it sound as a game of luck and easy, is not a fair thing to do.

And why do Thais dont do it? Many thais do it allready, but they dont talk about it. thats what prospectors dont do, they do not talk about it. And problems for thais can be, you need to put a lot of money and time in it. easy 10/20k usd. And its not that easy.

Good luck to Y'all, onces you have seen it, gold fever kicks in, you've been warned ;-)

• 1 month later...

Hi giogio29,

Just read your... I have only been real prospecting in WA, and the first and most important thing is, its not luck, it has all to do with skills.....

then why you ended your message with ...Good luck to Y'all, ?????? whistling.gif

and why not ....Have a nice skill? rolleyes.gif

And no I do not walk with Woody modded SD2100 anymore since I sent it to Woody for repairing job and never seen it back .crying.gif .

cheers,

Paul

• 11 months later...

Hi Norad , are you still active in Thailand , and do you go prospecting with your metal detector? , Comming to Thailand in Januari to stay 2 months , then i go to WA for 2 months to gold prospect ,,, i have a very good metal detector and i am interested in tagging along when ever,, problem is i will be in Sisaket near Ubon , but if our talks turn out to be interesting i am not scared to travel ,, , please contact me on my email,, [email protected]

Reguards Andy

• 10 months later...