Ending Thailand's Impunity For Real: Opinion

webfact

Do you think this includes human rights for Farangs living here? Or, perhaps, just finding a way to cover everything up.

It depends. Can we get some negative Thaksin pr out of the deal?

A man who murders 2500 innocent people and steals an estimated 400bn from a developing nation's state fund, does not need any help generating negative PR. He's doing a fine job all by himself. Some of the sycophants who support him don't improve his image either.

ermm.gif

I know you and friends are posting just as fast as you can but the rest of the world still is skeptical of military coups and has a tendency to rely of democratically elected governments. You need to crank it up. Especially the murder thing. I don't think Thailand is charging him with murder or that 400 billion theft thing. I don't think the prosecutor has got his orders from you yet. I mean everybody on Thai Visa knows that stuff but the word has not made it out to the rest of the world yet. The rest of Asia is still struggling along with stories like, "The sister of exiled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra swept to victory in fractious Thailand’s elections Sunday, heralding an extraordinary political turnaround five tumultuous years after her fugitive billionaire brother was toppled in an army coup."

http://asiancorrespondent.com/59115/puea-thai-win-clear-majority-thailand-to-get-first-female-pm

• Like 1

Oh come on now, the article says,

"During the Abhisit government, Thailand pledged to review the archaic practice. Indeed, the penalty has not been carried out for over two decades. Under his government, three executions by injections were administrated. The government at the time viewed the execution as a preventive measure to deter the rise of drug trafficking and usages."

It seems that 4 people were put to death in 2003.

(2009 article)

The last executions in Thailand were carried out in 2003, when four people were executed by lethal injection. These were the first executions by lethal injection, which had replaced execution by shooting in the same year.

http://www.amnesty.o...-years-20090826

The last legally sanctioned executions that is. Of course there have been many illegal ones since.

Oh come on now, the article says,

"During the Abhisit government, Thailand pledged to review the archaic practice. Indeed, the penalty has not been carried out for over two decades. Under his government, three executions by injections were administrated. The government at the time viewed the execution as a preventive measure to deter the rise of drug trafficking and usages."

It seems that 4 people were put to death in 2003.

(2009 article)

The last executions in Thailand were carried out in 2003, when four people were executed by lethal injection. These were the first executions by lethal injection, which had replaced execution by shooting in the same year.

http://www.amnesty.o...-years-20090826

The last legally sanctioned executions that is. Of course there have been many illegal ones since.

Those darned illegal executions will get you every time. Why didn't Abhisit prosecute anyone for those?

I don't think Thailand is charging him with murder or that 400 billion theft thing.

That is because he "fled justice" and ran away to the exotic life of a dangerous fleeing criminal. If he ever comes back here he will be facing a fair amount of investigation and new charges. You can go visit him in prison on visitor days. Bring him a basket of fruit. Passion fruit would be appropriate I think.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

I don't think Thailand is charging him with murder or that 400 billion theft thing.

That is because he "fled justice" and ran away to the exotic life of a dangerous fleeing criminal. If he ever comes back here he will be facing a fair amount of investigation and new charges. You can go visit him in prison on visitor days. Bring him a basket of fruit. Passion fruit would be appropriate I think.

ermm.gif

So if you are a mass murderer and steal 400 billion dollars if you leave Thailand they won't charge you? Good to know.

ermm.gif

So if you are a mass murderer and steal 400 billion dollars if you leave Thailand they won't charge you? Good to know.

You need to be questioned, represented and charged. If you are on the run they can not do this.

By the way, 2500 Thai people did actually die because of Thaksin's 'dealer purge'. It is not some theory I'm proposing, it was a massacre of innocents. The man you are defending was guilty of it without doubt, since he ordered it and was in power throughout. If you think it is a joking matter which your recent posts suggest, you might remember that every one of those 2500 Thai people had families who are missing a loved one because of Thaksin.

I don't mind kidding around, but some subjects are very serious and need to be addressed respectfully.

ermm.gif

You need to be questioned, represented and charged. If you are on the run they can not do this.

By the way, 2500 Thai people did actually die because of Thaksin's 'dealer purge'. It is not some theory I'm proposing, it was a massacre of innocents. The man you are defending was guilty of it without doubt, since he ordered it and was in power throughout. If you think it is a joking matter which your recent posts suggest, you might remember that every one of those 2500 Thai people had families who are missing a loved one because of Thaksin.

I don't mind kidding around, but some subjects are very serious and need to be addressed respectfully.

So if anyone leaves a jurisdiction he will not be prosecuted for mass murder? Don't be silly. If anyone of importance besides you thought Thaksin was responsible for mass murder he would be charged not only by Thailand but the International Court.

So if anyone leaves a jurisdiction he will not be prosecuted for mass murder? Don't be silly. If anyone of importance besides you thought Thaksin was responsible for mass murder he would be charged not only by Thailand but the International Court.

You should really seriously do some background reading on Thailand's recent history before you post things about that subject. If you had done so before posting, you would not question if Thaksin was guilty of causing those 2500 deaths. I'm leaving this thread now I find your comments distasteful.

You should really seriously do some background reading on Thailand's recent history before you post things about that subject. If you had done so before posting, you would not question if Thaksin was guilty of causing those 2500 deaths. I'm leaving this thread now I find your comments distasteful.

I know how you feel. It took me a while to deal with people who were right when I was wrong. I found the best way is to just apologize and get it over with as soon as possible. I mean if a person had killed 2500 people in Thailand the ICC would be knocking on their door. Thailand would have prosecuted and there would have been a groundswell of world opinion to do something.

But what happened? Even though he was exiled to another country his political party still won. Oh well. I guess you have to admit that there are more people in Thailand who disagree with you than agree with you.

I know how you feel. It took me a while to deal with people who were right when I was wrong. I found the best way is to just apologize and get it over with as soon as possible. I mean if a person had killed 2500 people in Thailand the ICC would be knocking on their door. Thailand would have prosecuted and there would have been a groundswell of world opinion to do something.

But what happened? Even though he was exiled to another country his political party still won. Oh well. I guess you have to admit that there are more people in Thailand who disagree with you than agree with you.

Well, actually, there are more people that disagree, but they just couldn't agree on another option.

There are a few cases that are on hold because Thaksin isn't here. Which is one of the reasons he isn't coming back.