Karon Beach Road

sharastani

I am thinking of staying in Karon (maybe Crown Plaza). Just thinking it is a a bit more low key for a married couple.

Is there plenty of places to shop and eat within walking distance?

Most of the information i can find says that there are a few shops by the Karon circle and few at the south end on the way to kata. But I can't see how long it is in between. Is there anything in between or will it be a long and fruitless walk??

Any idea how long the walk is from Crown Plaza to the Karon Circle and to the south end of the beach and Kata??

Also, please let me know if you have any restaurant recommendations in karon or other resorts. It is my wife's birthday while we are there.

Thanks

not so much on the beach road itself in Karon. As you said most of the shops and restaurants are either around Karon circle or at the southern end as you cross over into Kata.

However, there are 2 small roads that lead off from the beach road which have some bars and restaurants. One is Luang Pho Chuang road, can't remember the name of the other. Both are within walking distance of Crowne Plaza.