Passport Expiring Before Permission To Stay

My apologies as I imagine this has been covered many times before, but I haven't managed to find the answer:

My permission to stay (O-A Retirement) expires September 18. My present passport expires August 20 2013, i.e. about a month before my next extension of stay would end. How would Immigration handle this:

A/ Refuse my upcoming extension?

B/ Give me an extension until my passport expiry date, upon which I would have to start a new 1-year extension cycle?

C/ Give me an extension until my passport expiry date, which would then be extended until 18 September 2013 when I present a new passport?

Since my country's EU/Schengen passports are only valid for five years, alternatives A/ and B/ above would effectively reduce that to four years sad.png

/ Priceless

They would give an extension until the passport expiry date.

You get the remainder when you submit your new passport.

That's the way I see it.

That's the way I would obviously hope it to be. Does anyone have written proof or personal experience?

/ Priceless

The answer is C.

You will obtain normal one year extension but only until date of expiration of current passport will be stamped until you return with replacement when the remainder will be stamped when doing the transfer process.