Flaky Buttercrust Pie From Butter Is Better

butterisbetter

Just in case you thought flaky buttercrust pies were mythical objects, here are a couple photos of a slice from Butter is Better. One photos is about as close up as the rules of common decency allow. The slice in question happens to be Strawberry Rhubarb. But we also regularly make blueberry pie (when we can get wild blueberries - domestic ones, even when organic, don't have much flavor) and apple pie. We occasionally do cherry pies and we're planning on doing an apricot pie, too.

strawberry_rhubarb_pie_slice_flaky_crust_s.jpg

strawberry_rhubarb_pie_closeup_s.jpg

• Like 2

SO what is the price per piece or for pie and is at at any shop or one shop better than the other to find this treat ?

How much ?

Apple pies 60 per slice or 320 per pie

Strawberry rhubarb or blueberry 65 per slice or 350 per pie

(6 slices to a pie)

Mr B is B can you actually get 'wild' blueberries here?

I thought they needed a winter period to become dormant.

Wild blueberries are a fantastic food!

We put on our hiking boots, gird ourselves with a basket and go to the frozen food section of Makro. Okay, it's a shopping cart. But what is a shopping cart if not a basket on wheels? You're right that wild blueberries wouldn't grow in this climate. There are cultivated blueberries being grown not just here but even in Indonesia. I haven't tried them because even if they were delicious, the cost of a pie made with them would be astronomical.

SO what is the price per piece or for pie and is at at any shop or one shop better than the other to find this treat ?

As for where to find it. Usually we have pie at all 3 of our branches.

Our bakery/diner is located on Changklan Road just a bit south of the intersection where Pantip Plaza is. GPS 18° 46.825’ N 98° 59.982’ E

We have a bakery outlet inside the Rim Ping Supermarket located at Mee Chok Plaza. GPS 18° 49.424’ N 99° 0.625’ E

We also have an outlet at Nim City right next to the Rim Ping supermarket there. Nim city is located across the Mahidol Rd from Airport Plaza. GPS 18° 46.316’ N 98° 58.641’ E

You can call our store to find out where and what kind of pie there will be. That phone number is 053-820-761

Mr B is B can you actually get 'wild' blueberries here?

I thought they needed a winter period to become dormant.

Wild blueberries are a fantastic food!

We put on our hiking boots, gird ourselves with a basket and go to the frozen food section of Makro. Okay, it's a shopping cart. But what is a shopping cart if not a basket on wheels? You're right that wild blueberries wouldn't grow in this climate. There are cultivated blueberries being grown not just here but even in Indonesia. I haven't tried them because even if they were delicious, the cost of a pie made with them would be astronomical.

The frozen blueberries are good, but also pricey. I buy about 5 packets a week and eat them every morning.

Blueberry pie is great!

Looking at those pictures this mouth comes as close to drooling as a human body's radioactivity-impaired salivary gland can manage :)

Ahh, memories of picking and eating wild blackberries in Florida as a child, coming home stained blue.

best, ~o:37;

£7 or $10.50 for a pie that by the looks of the 1/6th size i could easily devour a whole one at one sitting.......a rice field worker would have to slave for almost 2 days in the hot sun to buy that..........a tad overpriced me thinks

Oh, Natty. It's been said before/ done to death - both for BIB and for other quality establishments in Chiang Mai. BIB will no doubt have something to say, but I can't help biting: You pay for quality. If you want something that will taste as good as anything you've ever had in your life, then you go to BIB. It's that simple. And what's a pie in your country cost, anway ? The price is competitive, all with natural ingredients, no mixes, sourced in this exotic land. You go bake a better pie for less ! And then, as to quantitiy ? Yeah, we big old Farangs can throw back some large quantities at time, but in this case it's up to you whether you need quality or quantity.

I believe you could grab yourself the corn pie at McD's for about 30B.

• Like 1