Pm Thaksin Buys Thai Hospitals En Masse

george

Shinawatra healthcare initiative

As the government attempts to promote the country as a regional medical hub, the business empire of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s family is wasting no time in acquiring as many hospitals as it can.

According to a soon-to-be-published Democrat Party newsletter, the Thaksin administration intends to develop the Kingdom as a medical hub by taking advantage of the country’s abundant supply of medical professionals and high-quality facilities.

A lawyer with close links to Thaksin was earlier reported to have acquired shares in several Thai hospitals. They include Paolo Memorial Hospital (70-per-cent stake), Paolo Memorial Panyavej in Udon Thani and Wachiraprakarn Hospital in Samut Prakan (35 per cent).

Other targets include the Phyathai Hospital Group, Sin-Path Hospital and Vibhavadee 2 Hospital.

--The Nation 2004-01-28

that was the point of the 30 baht health scheme me thinks. Not to make medical care cheaper for the general population, but to bring hospitals to its knees financially so dear leader could buy them for bargin basement prices.

that was the point of the 30 baht health scheme me thinks. Not to make medical care cheaper for the general population, but to bring hospitals to its knees financially so dear leader could buy them for bargin basement prices.

The same idea was coming to my mind too...

Adjan

Guest IT Manager

Now I understand the need to keep education away from the stinking masses.

They will vote, given their 300 baht each, because they don't know what they are selling.

Poor bastards. Fancy having to live with it.. 30 baht per visit and a million per village. In the thinking world, that is vote buying.

I am of the opinion that moonface doesn't read the forum because of the big words we use, but his minders likely do. Wonder what they make of it.

Idiots.

Guest IT Manager

The whole issue worries me for the Thai people. Flu aside.

As I have said elsewhere, we are watching a young guy in our village die because the local hospitaal has run out of the drugs he needs to keep him going. They had enough for him for maybe 3 weeks, then they put him on a weekly saline/sucrose drip.

I used to think the government couldn't play chess. Now I suspect he plays GO. A much longer view required and it appears to have been taken.

Thats what he did with the land probe - made a song and dance, then investors got a little worried, prices dropped and he picked up the bargains - he also had access to all land paperwork, that interested him and bought it all. His family has also purchased 800,000,000 Bahts woth of land above the 80 meter law - I wonder if the law will be changed soon?

P.S the land probe found a lot of "illegal" land titles, but no one lost their land - smoke screen for the real agenda!

I have heard a rumour (and its only a rumour mind you) that Mr.T and a couple of Irish Bookies (punters)are trying to buy Manchester United.

Also they (as said only)want Alex Ferguson-sorry SUR Alex Fergi to take over as the national coatch for the Thailand football team.

Might be a plot to distance the natives from the rumours of budgie flew--nudge-nudge-wink wink know wot I mean :o

I have heard a rumour (and its only a rumour mind you) that Mr.T and a couple of Irish Bookies (punters)are trying to buy Manchester United.

Also they (as said only)want Alex Ferguson-sorry SUR Alex Fergi to take over as the national coatch for the Thailand football team.

Might be a plot to distance the natives from the rumours of budgie flew--nudge-nudge-wink wink know wot I mean :o

Rinrada, I believe it was Fulham

Thailand's billionaire prime minister about developing closer links.Old News..

Angry Fayed denies claims Fulham are up for sale

By Jason Burt

30 October 2003

Mohamed Al Fayed yesterday reacted angrily to reports that he was planning to sell Fulham Football Club, but confirmed that he had held talks with Thailand's billionaire prime minister about developing closer links.

but later

Manchester United responded by launching a thorough internal review of their business practices and revealing they paid £750,000 in agents fees as part of Louis Saha's £12.825million move from Fulham last month.

We keep hearing that John Magnier and JP McManus are powerful businessmen who are not to be trifled with,'' said IMUSA chairman Jules Spencer. ``We may `only' be supporters but, as Rupert Murdoch found out when he tried to buy our club, we will not be messed about either.

The reaction of Magnier and McManus, who between them own over 25% of the club, is bound to have far reaching consequences for United's future.

as said only a rumour -nudge nudge :o

As the government attempts to promote the country as a regional medical hub, the business empire of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s family is wasting no time in acquiring as many hospitals as it can.

According to a soon-to-be-published Democrat Party newsletter, the Thaksin administration intends to develop the Kingdom as a medical hub by taking advantage of the country’s abundant supply of medical professionals and high-quality facilities.

A lawyer with close links to Thaksin was earlier reported to have acquired shares in several Thai hospitals. They include Paolo Memorial Hospital (70-per-cent stake), Paolo Memorial Panyavej in Udon Thani and Wachiraprakarn Hospital in Samut Prakan (35 per cent).

Other targets include the Phyathai Hospital Group, Sin-Path Hospital and Vibhavadee 2 Hospital.

--The Nation 2004-01-28

Is the avian influenza going to be even worse ? And an ' earner ' for fearless leader

Guest The Judge

--The Nation 2004-01-28

Is the avian influenza going to be even worse ? And an ' earner ' for fearless leader

I suspect most of what we are seeing from fearless leader is smokescreen for the big agenda. What with threatening the EU with "sanctions" (Like what; you can't come here from Germany and make the 2 headed dog in Pattaya).

IMHO the EU needs Thailand like it needs avian flu. Taksin lied to the world. He did not cover it up, as the press says, he told bare faced lies, in public places, to mislead the world as to whether we had it here or not.

Further, it was not 2 weeks that he knew, it was last November.

Medical Hub (with what)

Transport Hub (Don Muang Thieves)

Air Hub (Air Asia)

Education Hub (LOL with the state of education here, what a joke that is)

Corruption Hub... definitely.

Don't vote for kamnans, I will select the ones who will be best (Read Taksin Yed Thailand cronies).

Human Error (Read lies, lies and more lies)

I don't want to talk to you for 7 days.

The man is a loony.