Is It An Optical Illusion?

Valentine

Whenever I traverse the mountain between Kathu & Patong I always think the big Patong sign is on a lean which gives me cause to ponder that the whole lot will come tumbling down one day. Remember no expense was spared on the erection of this feature but I guess the builder left his plumb bob at home that day.

Me and a mate stopped and had a look, it's on the move, when you take the height of the wall and relate it to the angle of the hill that it's holding back, without a retaining reinforced concrete structure behind the brick work, it has to move.

Can anyone remember if a retainer wall was built first, the wall now is defiantly not plumb (vertically straight)

Me and a mate stopped and had a look, it's on the move, when you take the height of the wall and relate it to the angle of the hill that it's holding back, without a retaining reinforced concrete structure behind the brick work, it has to move.

Can anyone remember if a retainer wall was built first, the wall now is defiantly not plumb (vertically straight)

Building a strong retaining wall would probably have cost too much. I feel it is definitely a dangerous situation especially since there have been numerous slides on that road over the years.

I agree, a defiantly dangerous situation.

Has anyone calculated an actual time frame, some enterprising soul can run a book.

I want to be there when it goes, If a push comes to a shove.....................no cheating now.

Aw heck I'll put up a box of beer Lao for the closest prediction.

Mods. can we please run a poll ? wai.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by sportsman69