Did We Po Somebody At Moe New Vdrl Test 5555

Rhys

Well there is a new regulation about when you renew your contact and work permit.. now among the various documents you need a VD blood test. When told by the school's ADM people, they said I needed a syphlis test.. My first reaction.... who saw me.. 555.... actually, I said excuse me.. this is needed.. The Nong just said Syphilis test... Thus hmmm... So I said, can I do this at the student health center.. NO..go to the hospital... the funny part.. the hospital personnel and lab technician were just as cool as can be... Oh. .you want this do you... been a bad boy have you.. I said, yes, have to watch out I might just spray it on my students. 555.. and then we just started laughing... They processed it quickly and it was cheap too.

So.. years ago before the 90 day sign in THANG was enforced.. the rumor had it that a certain Thai politician was not admtted to the US and was considered a Drug smuggler.. Pot distributor.. Then the 90 day thang began strict enforcement...

The work permit permit processing can be an interesting crew to watch.. some are super efficient and can remember you.. others, cannot be bothered...

So did we PO some official.. and now we have this VDLR to do .. Veneral Disease Reference Level...

I got a kick out of senior teacher well into his in late 60s...he was rather, impressed.. so they think, once it's up, it stay up.. 5555

There was a commentary in the BP about how this impacts NEST Native English Speaking Teachers.... IS MOE really trying to make our lives difficult.. ?

Hmmm everytime we read about a Thai Teacher... bopping a student, he is transfered to an inactive post.. but for a Western Teacher.. the entire work force is subjected to the Holier than Thou finger pointing..by the MOE folks or the MPs who are first among the ... GET on the BUS.. stir up the Siht and show the Thais .. how much he is on the look out and saving young Thai students from moral decay..555... hmmm.. so do those populist computers have internet access.. Oh look this is an interesting photograph... just like that MPs.. who was sent a photo...555

So let's be nice to the officials who process our paper work...

clap2.gif

Well there is a new regulation about when you renew your contact

​I always have new regulations when I renew my contact. Were you on any magical mushrooms, when posting, or are you always like that?

• Like 1

Has been reported several months ago about this requirement of an actual blood test for syphilis. It was required of me last September for my WP renewal and was the first time requested. Quite a few members have also reported it.

Not really a new regulation... I've had to do this test for the past two renewals.

As a side-note, the actually requirement is not have tertiary syphilis. This is the phase of syphilis where the spirochaetes have eaten away so much of the victims nervous system that they suffer from paralysis and insanity. In their later years, Al Capone, Neitzsche and Guy de Maupassant all suffered from tertiary syphilis.

As the regulation doesn't mention primary or secondary syphilis, it's presumably ok to have a dripping penis and itchy carbuncles!blink.png

• Like 1

Yes I had this done awhile back and it didnt bother me at all, what did bother me was no test for hiv ? I would be more worried about that personally. Also had to do the drug test for meth, what abut all the other drugs people do here ? Makes no sense to me but tit. Also what really bothered me was the admin had no understanding about blood tests when I asked what kind of blood tests they wanted they had no idea ( so much for educated leaders) luckily for me as my wife is a nurse and laughed about their idiocy too.

Never been asked to do this, only a doctors note to say I am healthy.

I promise you the moment they want to take blood from me to check for this, I am gone.

What a ridiculous request. Male thai teachers are shagging their students and dont have to go through this nonsense, Just one more nail in the MOE coffin to drive experienced teachers away.

Crazy. bah.gif

• Like 2

Never been asked to do this, only a doctors note to say I am healthy.

I promise you the moment they want to take blood from me to check for this, I am gone.

What a ridiculous request. Male thai teachers are shagging their students and dont have to go through this nonsense, Just one more nail in the MOE coffin to drive experienced teachers away.

Crazy. bah.gif

It appears so...Funny since in 2015 Thailand and the ASEAN create AEC...The need for English teachers appears a valid concern, but the actions run contrary.. lip service.. The usual hurry up and wait.. stop.. wait.. then do it again rather than moving forward..

All stems from the continunity of a MOE Political appointments who lack a fundamental understanding of the role of education and ELL..

More placebos.. please... 5555

Well there is a new regulation about when you renew your contact

​I always have new regulations when I renew my contact. Were you on any magical mushrooms, when posting, or are you always like that?

I po qd prn 5555

If a person cant be bothered to have a PROPER health checkup including blood tests and drug tests they shouldn't be teaching children anywhere ! You wont get a decent job in my home country without them.And I for one dont want to work around some doped up whoremonger especially in a foreign country where others actions stain my reputation as a foreigner. I get so tired of the whining about thais do this and thais do that, well guess what youre not thai, and I would hope any self respecting westerner would hold himself to higher standards than a thai would.

huh?

I got my work permit and visa extension done in April without needing a blood test.

So was this in addition to providing a medical certificate to the department of labour? As I know this has been a requirement for a while (So submitted one as part of my application), and I think one of the things the doctors are supposed to check for is syphilis (Although my 2 minute medical checkup definitely didn't include a blood test lol).

Each labour office might be different though, and since I'm in Isaan, it'd most likely be more relaxed than in BKK etc lol.

Edited by SlyAnimal

So was this in addition to providing a medical certificate to the department of labour? As I know this has been a requirement for a while (So submitted one as part of my application), and I think one of the things the doctors are supposed to check for is syphilis (Although my 2 minute medical checkup definitely didn't include a blood test lol).

Each labour office might be different though, and since I'm in Isaan, it'd most likely be more relaxed than in BKK etc lol.

Via reports by members on TV it has been spotty. It is not in addition to the medical report, it is supposed to be part of the same report. Chiang Mai has required it for several months now, at least since September last year when I had to supply the blood test results. The hospital I went to was fully aware of the requirements though and had no problem with their certificate. I tried using the standard "you're breathing, ok" 80 baht version but labor refused it.

ok cool, so it's not really a "new requirement", more that they have decided to enforce the existing requirements (And realised that a normal medical certificate isn't worth the paper it's printed on).

(And only enforced in some areas, hopefully they don't start doing the same thing in Isaan :) As it's frustrating to drive 2h to immigration, only to have to turn around and drive back again lol)

Edited by SlyAnimal

This has been true a number of years now and it works in reverse- when foreign students go abroad, they are also subject to more stringent TB and VD regulations. This is in response to serious concerns about drug-resistant strains spreading. I am supportive of measures to prevent the spread, personally.

Dear Star Member,

Do agree with you on the TB test.. this is a common practice for foreign students in Hawaii and I cannot recall for the general student population.

Agreed.... General health screening equals good health prevention.. such as hypertension..it does sneak up on you.. just a bit miffed.. a tad of a upturned nose whiff of a turd.. that an adminstration school official, would have the professionalism to announce in an arrogance tone.. you... need syhyllis test.. but it is sticks and stones...5555

And I for one dont want to work around some doped up whoremonger especially in a foreign country where others actions stain my reputation as a foreigner. (Hey Sam Thunder, lighten your thunderbolts) 555555555555 clap2.gif 5555555

^ I think after reading your childish posts on this thread you should be the one lightening up a little bit. As I said you are not thai and should hold yourself to a higher standard, but then i have met very few teachers foreign or thai here in 4 years that i would want teaching my children.