Submitted Uk Settlement Visa App This Am But Forgot Full Copy Passport, Problem?

Last week we did the unmarried partner UK settlement visa application and got an appointment this morning. We submitted extensive the documentation eg. below but failed to submit a full copy of my UK passport.

Partners passport

Bank Letters of savings (plentiful), Thai and UK, bank statements

Pension advices

P60s

Property Deeds Thai and estate agent sale agreement because we are selling up etc

Accommodation report etc

Medical papers/reasons for need to be in UK in future

We have 2 thai children aged 4 & 6 who already have British passports

Childrens birth certificates and copies of their british passports.

Email from Local government education office about the childrens school allocation

We have lived together for 6 years in Thai.

Family photos for the last 6 years.

Have I screwed the application by not including a full copy of my passport?

Has anyone else forgotten to do this and what happened?

Appreciate any input on this...

Did you submit a copy of the page with your personal information; name, photograph etc, to show that you are a British citizen?

Did you submit a copy of the page with your Thai visa(s) on it to show that you have been living in Thailand?

That's all they really need.

Did you submit a copy of the page with your personal information; name, photograph etc, to show that you are a British citizen?

Did you submit a copy of the page with your Thai visa(s) on it to show that you have been living in Thailand?

Only info page

And my last entry stamp and arrival card

And copy of my 90 day report slip.

Have I screwed up? All the other docs point to the fact that we have lived together as a family for 6 years. Even the house chanote has my name on also as superficies.

Cant they check my passport number to see the last time I was in the UK? Which was actually Jan 2011.

Worried about this. Are they likely to refuse based on this alone? We are strong on everything else. Including my need to be in the UK for health reasons in future. Provided doc evidence of this.

Only info page

Have I screwed up? All the other docs point to the fact that we have lived together as a family for 6 years. Even the house chanote has my name on also as superficies.

Cant they check my passport number to see the last time I was in the UK? Which was actually Jan 2011.

Worried about this. Are they likely to refuse based on this alone? We are strong on everything else. Including my need to be in the UK for health reasons in future. Provided doc evidence of this.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You have established that you are a British citizen. You have shown that you are in Thailand legally. If the ECO wants more information ( he can verify passport details at the Embassy) he can ask. If he doesn't ask, and if he refuses the application on this single matter, then you will win any appeal, should it come to that. I don't think you need to worry.

Only info page

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You have established that you are a British citizen. You have shown that you are in Thailand legally. If the ECO wants more information ( he can verify passport details at the Embassy) he can ask. If he doesn't ask, and if he refuses the application on this single matter, then you will win any appeal, should it come to that. I don't think you need to worry.

Thankyou for your input.

Only info page

How long do you think we will have to wait for a decision? Kids start school begin Sept?

Only info page

How long do you think we will have to wait for a decision? Kids start school begin Sept?

It could be up to 12 weeks, though I would guess around 8 - 10 weeks.

Talk to the school(s) as soon as possible! There will be lots of paperwork and you will get a lot of application forms and councils/schools tend to go to sleep a bit in the summer,

We found direct negotiation with the schools of choice paid dividends as they found space where the council said there was none!

They will require proof of eligibility (passport/visa, address etc) at some stage before they start school but this can be last minute! If you hear nothing don't assume they are getting on with it! They mislaid the paperwork for my two nieces and there was a mad panic in the last week before term.

There is an on-going thread giving information about peoples waits for visas to be processed. I suspect the new rules will mean bedlam as applications flood in before 9th July!

Talk to the school(s) as soon as possible! There will be lots of paperwork and you will get a lot of application forms and councils/schools tend to go to sleep a bit in the summer,

We found direct negotiation with the schools of choice paid dividends as they found space where the council said there was none!

They will require proof of eligibility (passport/visa, address etc) at some stage before they start school but this can be last minute! If you hear nothing don't assume they are getting on with it! They mislaid the paperwork for my two nieces and there was a mad panic in the last week before term.

There is an on-going thread giving information about peoples waits for visas to be processed. I suspect the new rules will mean bedlam as applications flood in before 9th July!

Applications for places for them have been made already and we have been contact by the council.

They have British Passports.

We will stay on there case!

Thanks

They will require proof of eligibility (passport/visa, address etc) at some stage before they start school

On a side note, local education authorities have a legal obligation to provide a school place for all children of school age living in their area.

Regardless of a child's nationality or immigration status.