Anyone Awake, And Using K-Bank Cyber Services?

Well...here goes: I have multiple accounts, at K-Bank. Some personal, some investment related and some for new company startup project.

I used one of my Creditcards a Tesco-express at about 02.30 am - no problem, get SMS about the purchase, all good.

I go home and do some late night accounting for a new startup I'm doing (Might be quitting my job here, and go on this full time, so i like to be quite "updated" about, the financial-business plans I'm doing right now, trying to do some calculations etc. Also i wanted to transfer some funds around between several accounts.

Here the madness starts, first i can't log into my account "technical error...bla bla.." so i wait a little doing some calculations on revenue flows. I go back then i can login, but ALL accounts show (Personal, Investment, Company related show: Amount available: ******************** Total net value "0 Baht".

This makes my heart skip a beat, as we are talking multiple accounts and serious amounts of money. So i check the status for my debit, Credit and "Web" cards and they say "not active"

<deleted>!!

I grab a stiff whiskey, and go to an ATM with some of the cards, and the shit ain't working - i can login, but not se balance or withdraw cash. But the machine doesn't eat the card.

I go back and login - and now everything seems to be normal, all balances seems to be correct, cards active etc.

I know it's 5 AM in the morning, but if Somchai, is fuc_king around with the cables in the big K-House's basement, shouldn't they have a pop-up or something at the web-bank. This shit, seriously freaked me out...we are talking serious amounts of cash.

Anyone else experienced something like this with Kasikorn Bank?

Kasikorn bank seems constanly to have these late night electronic problems, which have caused me no end of embarrassment on occasion trying to pay for, ahem, late-night services. The explanation is apparently database updates - but there are ways to do these without cutting the world off.

Edited by The Dancer
  • Like 1

Thx for all the answers, yeah i know - it was just a "TIT" thing.

But Somchai, and his whiskey soaked friend, at the server room apparently got it up an running again.....hurray clap2.gif

But all i was asking for, was a "pop-up" or something like, not even making me able to login, until they know for sure, that all the backend databases are in connectivity, with the web-interface.

My own education, and hopefully future business, is half based on these things - so i know it can be done quite easy....anyway, you do wonder when millions of baht turns into first "********" and then into "0" w00t.gif

But - Mai Ben Rai from here, it's working again wai.gif

But is is a reminder, that my main banking - and piggy bank, wi'll be HSBC in Hong Kong - best banking experience ever!

Welcome to Thailand Khun Moo!

Have you tried Som Tam already?

I can do the "Som Tam Thai, with out the "kung haang", but with fresh shrimp instead....and peanuts, quite good"

The Esan version, soaked in Baaraaa and with 6 weeks old crab legs, i do "mai aw, khrap - khop khun khrap" on biggrin.png

Edited by KhunMoo

Welcome to Thailand.I imagine they do maintenance late at night.I would check on your account during the day.

Yeah i know - it's just not the amount, you wan't to see, as a total balance on multiple accounts: "0.00" baht - when you know there should be a bit more biggrin.png

System offline during backups I suspect. 24 hour banking is a new concept, agree a system down message would be expected and normal. I guess we all need to wait until 2015 ASIAN sharpens the Thai banks. I think their in for a rude shock!